[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Oblivion the beginning of the end for the Elder Scrolls series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: iv.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
iv.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Was Oblivion the beginning of the end for the Elder Scrolls series? I recently finished replaying the main story and some of the DLC. The quests were as great as I remembered, but everything else starting turning me off. The overworld was boring, the generic fantasy monsters, the same generic dungeon aesthetics... And since the game sold fucking amazingly, I guess they figured that they could do it again but with more room for laziness this time
>>
@340636998
Your retarted
>>
>>340637451
:^)
>>
Since >>340637451 is so cheap with the (You)'s, here's one..>>340636998
>>
>>340636998
The main story in oblivion was a real fucking drag, boring as shit
The combat got ridiculous at high levels, with most enemies being meat sponges that you would have to circle for 10 minuites slashing to bring down
Apart from that i quite liked it
>>
>>340637451
You're too young to be on this site.
>>
I know you are a morrowind nostalgiafag, if one where to believe you guys then the only good TES is Morrowind because all others have the same generic fantasy and boring overworld you speak of. Not only because of laziness but because Morrowind is the only really fantastical alien land in Tamriel, you cant reasonably ask Beth to make every region like that because it wouldn't make sense from a lore standpoint.

Tldr; nostalgiafags don't like Elder Scrolls games they only like Morrowind
>>
>>340636998
Compared to Morrowind, it seemed extremely weak. Compared to Skyrim, it was an incredible masterpiece.
>>
>>340639069
I've never actually played Morrowind, only Oblivion and Skyrim. I enjoyed Skyrim when I first played it, but the more time I spent away from the game the more I realized how much I disliked it.

I just wanted to know the opinions of anyone who's been with the series for longer than me
>>
>>340636998
The overworld wasn't nearly as good as Skyrim or Morrowind. The writing was a bit better than Skyrim. Overall Skyrim was a better game
>>
>>340639069
>you cant reasonably ask Beth to make every region like that because it wouldn't make sense from a lore standpoint.

But almost every region has those alien things according to lore, anon. What are you talking about?
>>
>>340639861
Well if you play any of the others in the series your experience will be more or less the same, mostly empty overworld and generic fantasy. Morrowind is the outlier which is why I say everyone who praises it for its world while shitting on Oblivion and Skyrim for the same thing don't really like the TES series.
>>
>>340640217
No they dont, Morrowind is the only region that has a flora and fauna completely different from anything on earth. Maybe Black Marsh is also pretty weird but there hasn't been a game there so we can't know.

Every other region in Tamriel has an ecosystem similar to one existing on our world.

But please enlighten me with examples of the alien landscapes that other regions are supposed to have.
>>
>>340640745
Maybe I misunderstood you, but I was refering to the regions in general (not just geographically). In Elsweyr you can find the moon sugar plantations (which I'm sure would look weird). And it's also inhabited by Khajits in their many forms. The Summerset Isles have those weird buildings like the tower made of crystal that can refract light or something like that. It also has those monkey people that admire the Altmer. Valenwood is full with forests and moving trees. Also most Bosmers are cannibals.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.