[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I'm not enjoying the random battles an hour or so into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Mother_2_Crash_Site.jpg (26 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Mother_2_Crash_Site.jpg
26 KB, 512x384
If I'm not enjoying the random battles an hour or so into it (fucking sharks) I'm not going to have fun with this, am I?
>>
Use an emulator.

Fast forwarding through the fights is way more bearable.

There's also this cool feature where if you out level a random encounter by a ton, you instantly win without going to the battle screen.
>>
You're getting your ass beat because you're a low level I bet.
It's widely known you have to grind for a bit when you have no other party members.

I won't blame you for giving up but I will call you a faggot.
I find grinding inexcusable in any and all games but it's a damned requirement if you want to beat the first hour of the game and then you literally never have to grind for the rest of the game.
I believe level 8 or 10 was needed if you want to not die every time a Shark looks your way.
>>
>>340627695
>>340627691
different anon here
Is the game supposed to butt fuck me raw when i get to the desert?
Every single creature is destroying me with poison and huge damage attacks
>>
>>340627856
This game definitely involves grinding. Gotta level some.
>>
>>340627415
But there are no random battles in EarthBound?
>>
>>340627415
Don;t fight the sharks. Fite some dogs/shit first by fucking around by your house.
>>
>>340627949
sharks give you fuckhuge exp though, you level way faster if you pummel them to death rather than the fauna
>>
File: screech.jpg (354 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
screech.jpg
354 KB, 2560x1920
>>340627415
>random battles
just dodge them :^)
>>
>>340627691
I bought it on Virtual Console today.
>>340627695
Okay, I think I'll stick with it.
>>
>>340627415
You can see the enemies on the screen, that's the exact opposite of random encounters. Sharks usually kick your ass the first time around them and so does the first boss (thank God you restart to the tank when you lose). You need to do a tiny bit of grinding.
>>
File: 1442919807780.jpg (73 KB, 644x850) Image search: [Google]
1442919807780.jpg
73 KB, 644x850
>>340628065
and get molested by every other battle for the rest of the game? It's better to fuck 'em up before you get destroyed later down the line
>>
>>340627415
It's all about talking to NPCs and shit, if you like Paper Mario then you'll like this.
>>
Word to the wise: if you walk away from an enemy enough that they are not on the camera, they game will reroll what enemies will be in that area.

If you're a big dumb baby then you can abuse this over and over until the only enemies in that area are ones you deem easy enough to fight.
If that doesn't make sense then here:
If there's 3 Sharks in one area, walk off screen and check again: there may be only 1 fight in that area this time.
>>
>>340628118
>I bought it on Virtual Console today.

Well then still yea I'd say stick with it. Combat gets more enjoyable later (or at least it did for me).

The game is sorta rough at first.
>>
The beginning is the only place I really had to grind hard.
The game can be really tough when you've just got Ness but once you get Pauline and Jeff it gets much better.
>>
>>340628178
Not him, but this and other RPGs are still beatable even if you skip a majority of the fights. Of course you'd probably need a lot of knowledge but look at speedruns for example.

Worst case scenario there's: >>340628240

The game's battles get more fun once you're in twoson especially once you have paula.
>>
>>340627415
Have you ever played a JRPG before? You realize this game is middle of the road difficulty at best right? Grind a little. Don't fight sharks until then. Plus this game gives you a huge advantage with the fact your health meter spins down instead of all at once depleting.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.