[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm relatively new to PC gaming. I just bought a Intel Core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I'm relatively new to PC gaming.
I just bought a Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3Ghz to replace my old AMD FX-8350. My GPU is a 980ti. How much better will the performance in newer games be, if at all?
>>
A royal fuckton?
>>
Slightly. A few games will benefit a bit more such as ARMA. What games were you having problems with with your 980ti? I can't imagine the upgrade was even necessary.
>>
>>340622398
Is that so? I generally get like 60fps in games like Witcher 3, mostly maxed out, but I get massive frame drops sometimes, like in cities where it drops to like 30 or even 20-something at times. If this will fix that, then I'm happy with the purchase. Thanks.
>>
>>340622507
As I said in >>340622541, I get massive drops sometimes in Witcher 3, but it also happens to games like GTAV, where I have stutters from time to time where it locks to like 18fps for like 5-10 seconds, and my average framerate there is around 40-something. And the graphics aren't maxed out at all, apart from things like textures.
>>
>>340622107
Do you even have the right motherboard for that bik boi processor?
>>
>>340624128
I bought an Asus X99-A/USB3.1 together with the CPU, to replace my Gigabyte 970A-DS3P. I hope it's good enough.
>>
>>340624248
Should be fine. Just making sure you actually have a motherboard that has the right socket. You don't know how many people I know have ordered a new CPU without realizing they needed a new motherboard.
>>
>>340624454
I believe you, I was one of those until recently, but I decided to do the intelligent thing and ask for advice to someone that knows a lot more about this than me.
>>
>>340622107
>I'm relatively new
lurk more, then
>>
>>340622661
What you were lacking is vram on your gpu. GTA5 and Witcher 3 are known to go up to and over 4GB. Sorry, but you wasted money on the CPU.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.