[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Elder Scrolls discussion/debate My personal favorite was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: maxresdefault.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
The Elder Scrolls discussion/debate

My personal favorite was morrowind for many reasons so we can start it off at that i feel it was simply the best game in the series
>>
Oblivion is better than what came before and after it.
>>
>>340612992
Oblivion had great quests and charcters and i could tie it with morrowind but i just prefer morrowind for some biased nostalgia crap
>>
File: 1398835405787.jpg (160 KB, 729x707) Image search: [Google]
1398835405787.jpg
160 KB, 729x707
What was your favorite Custom Spells?
Oblivion Friends welcome
>Snipe
>Chameleon 100% for 5 seconds
>Summon Bow for 5 Seconds
>Night Sight for 5 seconds
great for picking things off without drawing aggro
>>
File: real morrowind combat.webm (3 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
real morrowind combat.webm
3 MB, 1000x563
>morrowind
>>
>>340613176
Even Skyrim was better than Oblivion, lore was better, environments were better, combat was better.
>>
>>340613524
Environments and combat I'll agree but not lore i feel oblivion really drew you into the past and oblivion had much more in depth quests and charcters and story development
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-10-02-36-30.png (158 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-10-02-36-30.png
158 KB, 720x1280
If you want to talk elder scrolls (morrowind mainly) chat with me on kik
>>
>>340611632
>install morrowind with all DLCs
>get HD mod from nexus
>6 minute tutorial on how to apply it
>think i'll do it later and head of to some hearthstone
>never bothered with it again

i just can't guys, i never finished the game but i started it so fucking often i know the first major guild quests by heart and it'd just be so fucking boring
>>
>>340614480
Careful of this guy
>>
>>340614830
Whytho
>>
>>340613327
100% resist magicka for 1 second, if you know what i mean.
>>
>>340613327
Lightning 100pt in 50ft
>>
>>340615121
>reflect
>>
File: 7908dcb0c52358ded84.jpg (177 KB, 750x864) Image search: [Google]
7908dcb0c52358ded84.jpg
177 KB, 750x864
>>340613396
Are these webms the only way to keep morrowind threads alive nowadays? That's sad.
>>
>>340615054

no
>>
Any of you play morrowind with a controller? After playing the xbox version first it feels a lot more comfier.
>>
File: 1417535449545.png (83 KB, 336x434) Image search: [Google]
1417535449545.png
83 KB, 336x434
>>340615563

Once they got rolling they get hundreds of replies. For some reason no one posts in a starting thread and it usually dies.

So sad
>>
File: 7241c1_676619_big.gif (373 KB, 100x75) Image search: [Google]
7241c1_676619_big.gif
373 KB, 100x75
>>340616370
I wish it were at the very least 2009 again.
>>
>>340616370
You have to start with the roll your clas, race guilds and such with your post number to get people's attention.
OpenMW working yet?
>>
>>340616370
Probably because while its a great game, its damn old at this point.

Really need to sit down and actually play the damn thing all the way through one of these days.
>>
>>340617843
You fucked up, I can see old ears mesh on his head.
>>
>>340617903
Oh believe me, thats the least of the problems I encountered with that shit.
>>
>>340617956
Ears are part of hair mesh as far as I can remember.
I think you need to get replacement hairs for this face pack.
>>
Where can I get a light spell in Morrowind? No one in Mage's Guild in Balmora seems to have it
>>
>>340613396

I know, right? How can you call this an Elder Scroll game without EPIC "Press X to FUS RO DAH"? #skyrimrox
Who cares about all those confusing skills and numbers, I wanna be a super mega epic dragon slayer, not an accountant! xD
And those NPCs are so bland, why don't they say quirky stuff like "I took an arrow to the knee"? LOLZ
>>
>>340618319

Fuck light use night eye
>>
>>340617843
>>340617956
is that Mackom's heads? a lot of people hype them up nowadays but for fucks sake, if he can't even bother to make working hair for his special heads why even bother. last i checked you have to download a dozen things to get those heads to work right and have hair.

>>340618319
go up the road north to Caldera's mage guild or use the guild teleport to go to the Ald-Ruhn mage guild.
>>
>>340618496
Yes.

I may have installed it incorrectly but its not exactly stable, either. Certainly doesn't like the character creation screen.
>>
>>340613776
oblivion had better quests than morrowind and skyrim, but skyrim's superior atmosphere (IMO) and settting and morrowind's grand scale and less restrictions are what makes them slightly better than oblivion
>>
>>340613776
>oblivion had much more in depth quests and charcters and story development

I'll admit I'm irrationally biased against Oblivion but I'm replaying it at the moment. I keep seeing people praise the abovementioned to high heavens, but I'm not feeling it. The most engaging quests I'm doing right now come from mods.
The main quest is pretty dogstandard "hellgate invasion / Evil overlord trying to conquer all that is good" without any of the grand historical background you had in Morrowind (and I'm not even talking about the whole metaphysical fanwankery that you can have on top of that).

So, what are examples of these awe-inspiring quests in Oblivion that everybody loves? Dark Brotherhood need not apply since I'm playing a goody-twoshoes character, and from what I remember from playing the DB quests years ago they were mildly interesting if you're into the whole edgy 12yo "I'm the ultimate ruthless darkgod-annointed bloodstalker killer of the night and darkness and blood and ichor and fuck moralfags and darkness" thing.
>>
>>340619154
>I'm the ultimate ruthless darkgod-annointed bloodstalker killer of the night and darkness and blood and ichor and fuck moralfags and darkness
Wha.....nvm
>>
>>340618345
>I know, right? How can you call this an Elder Scroll game without EPIC "Press X to FUS RO DAH"? #skyrimrox
Nice projecting. Nobody even defended Skyrims combat here. And just because we hate Morrowinds combat this doesn't make Skyrims combat good.
>>
>>340618594
i honestly don't know how to get his heads to work, anything that requires downloading that many separate files on different Nexus pages triggers me. plus, you can't use Mackom's heads with Robert's Bodies, which are way better than the ancient Better Bodies Mackom based his skins on, so i haven't bothered to try in a long time.

apparently someone on the Bethesda forums is using his head meshes to make yet another head replacer pack and they're actually going to include hair with it, so maybe that'll be easier to install if they actually finish it.
>>
>>340619154
>"I'm the ultimate ruthless darkgod-annointed bloodstalker killer of the night and darkness and blood and ichor and fuck moralfags and darkness" thing.
I don't think we played the same game, and I think you might just be shitposting.
>>
>>340619410
I might be misremembering, and/or conflating them with Skyrim's DB. For some reason they've got this "I'm a brooding outcast that only feels happy when I'm bathed in the blood of innocents" vibe for me.

So then, what's the DB really like since I'm so wrong?
>>
>>340611632
r8 my load order

http://pastebin.com/NKF58j5r
>>
Hoping for dat oblivion remaster, shit would be cash money
>>
>>340619848
/tesg/ out of 10
>>
File: jiubhoward.jpg (36 KB, 334x618) Image search: [Google]
jiubhoward.jpg
36 KB, 334x618
>>340617843
why would you change Jiub's body? He had that stomach vacuum bodybuilder look
>>
File: pete_hines.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
pete_hines.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
>>340611632
Shit taste detacted
>>
Reach Heaven by Violence then.
>>
>>340611632
What is general thought on Daggerfall and Arena? What build do you usually finish them with?
>>
>>340620165
I can't tell if that's good or bad.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>340620675
another pic, Vivec looks so much better when you can actually see it.
>>
>>340620675
nah, it's good. i just recognized a lot of your load order. did you use the pastebin guide, by any chance?
>>
>>340620778
Yes I did. I basically followed it to the letter, except for a few things that had to be changed because they were outdated, and adding other stuff that wasn't in the guide.
>>
>tfw really got into Morrowind and Oblivion on the Original Xbox
>>
>feel the urge to replay morrowind
>cant find my vanilla copy i bought at release
>pirate
>choppy mess of a game
>reinstall, same
>pirate gog version
>game runs fine first but now system crash every 2 minutes forcing me to restart my computer
>reinstall
>same
>install steam so i can buy it and get goty edition too, this must work
>20 eurobucks
>2poor2afford
>deinstall steam and bury my hopes and expectations

hold me /v/
>>
>>340620964
oh, what's outdated? anything you remember offhand?

i actually wrote it. i was thinking about updating it this month, already downloaded a bunch of Nexus mods i've missed in the interim that i need to test out. kind of crazy it has so many hits now, i actually saw someone post it on the open-mw forums and died a little.
>>
File: 1452821196337.gif (24 KB, 60x95) Image search: [Google]
1452821196337.gif
24 KB, 60x95
My personal favourite is Daggerfall. Its actually my favourite video game. Just something about the giant world and all the adventure that can happen ticks all my boxes. Hell, I even like the combat (it's especially fun if you can map it to a controller believe it or not).

My one problem with it is how it instantly thrusts you all the way across the map to do simple quests for just villagers. If quests were localised I go smaller village\city clusters it d be fantastic.
>>
1. Skyrim
2. Morrowind
3. Oblivion

Oblivion was my first and I love the game, but having since poured hundreds of hours into the others, it is definitely the weakest of the 3 I have played. Morrowind is a great game and one I thoroughly enjoy but the vast majority who played it remain so blinded by nostalgia goggles.

Dialogue was awful in Morrowind. Every NPC giving the same copy-and-pasted wikipedia entry for every topic, it gets so stale and immersion-breaking. Not to mention how unbelievably contrived and unorganic dialogue felt anyway; you could ask a random NPC about a town for example and you get a massive wall of text which reads like a holiday brochure, with as many hyperlinks crammed in as possible. Skyrim has a superior dialogue system. Every NPC with the exception of guards had unique dialogue, and so there were actual remnants of personalities when you walked through cities. People complain the dialogue options were too bare, and while I agree that 5-10 lines for every NPC isn't fantastic, it's still far easy to roleplay with. Becuase the world looks and sounds more real as you walk through it. Sure you get annoying NPCs who repeat the same 4-5 lines as you walk past them every time, but that still feels immserive than Morrowind, where absolutely nobody had any semblance of personality.

I don't buy this myth that Oblivion's quests were much better than Skyrim. I find Skyrim's journal system scandalously bad but it still had some very interesting quests. The Dark Brotherhood was as good as the Oblivion one in my opinion, with more memorable characters, and all of the factions had decent enough quests even if the storylines were often weak. But they were also weak in Oblivion, besides the Thieves Guild. Skyrim had plenty of good quests in my opinion, like Blood on the Ice, The Forsworn Conspiracy, and probably the best TES quest, Touching the Sky. The Daedric quests were also better in Skyrim, particularly Vaermina, Azura, Sanguine and Clavicus Vile.
>>
>>340621625
>posting duck
>quality, sturdy meme by glorious oboronka industry
>on 4chan
I am disappointed, Dmitriy.
>>
>>340621630
cont.

Oblivion at least had more memorable quests than Morrowind, though. People like to play up the way that quests in Morrowind require independent thought and player intuitive, and while I agree that is a good thing, and that the newer games are holding our hands too much, there were still so many bland quests. Literally just "go here, kill this person" or "go here, fetch this" most of the time, the very same criticism people tend to use against Skyrim. Think about faction quests. While I do think Morrowind does faction membership and rank advancement better, just think about how lazy the quests were. I do think they overdo the story element of factions in Oblivion and Skyrim, and becoming fsction leader every time is getting boring, but I would rather something of a storyline than quests which resemble radiant ones, like Morrowind has.

Skyrim is far from perfect, in fact every TES game is extremely flawed, but the atmosphere, lore (yes, it still exists, you just have to read some of the hundreds of books), music, world design, quests and superior gameplay for me make it the best TES, even despite their best attempts to dumb it down.
>>
File: 1459111865114.jpg (94 KB, 638x509) Image search: [Google]
1459111865114.jpg
94 KB, 638x509
>>340621625
>it's especially fun if you can map it to a controller believe it or not

I'd love to try this. Tell me your secrets.
>>
>>340621328
GOG version with MGSO here, works just fine. Don't give away your hard-earned money to Valve for nothing and just troubleshoot your installation you lazy idiot
>>
>>340619806
In Oblivion? You kill a guy, get a message, dude shows up and edge talks you a bit and you go prove yourself. Then you can actually join and you get to meet your new werido friends. As far as I remember no one was ever really edgy in either games DB, and the only edgelord option in Skyrim were to just be quiet I think? It's been awhile and I didn't like it's DB over Oblivions.
>>
>>340621331
Oh wow, you're the guy who wrote it? Thanks for all the help. /tesg/ might want to know you're alive, their website says you're "officially MIA".

Anyway, off the top of my head, these are the things I did differently than the guide:

>Less Generic Tribunal
The download you linked is just the ESP. There's no data files. I had to download them from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bywrx4WHfGJJZTdsOEJsdFFFdmM/edit

>HiRez Armors
Has a new version and new fixes for the new version too.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1441431-relz-hirez-armors-native-styles-v2
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1441431-relz-hirez-armors-native-styles-v2/page-2#entry22297270
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1441431-relz-hirez-armors-native-styles-v2/page-2#entry23936622

>Antares' Big Mod/Little Mods
They weren't mentioned in the guide but I got them anyway. I highly recommend the Big Mod, and some of the small mods are good too. The Doors, Bounty Hunters, Camonna Tong's Violence, all good. BUT, do NOT fucking get "Beware of Pickpockets", it's really annoying. And if you don't use Morrowind Comes Alive it's pointless anyway.

>Old Dwemer Books
This is a good mod from the tesgeneral guide that replaces the Bamz-Aschend books that say "it's a diagram of stuff" with actual diagrams of stuff. However, the linked mod doesn't work properly if you're using the Better Typography option in the Morrowind Code Patch. I had to download a fixed ESP, but I can't remember where I got it from.

>LeFemm
As you noted in the guide I had to get a compatibility patch for this to work with Better Morrowind Armor. It works fine for me but the tesgeneral guide says that apparently there's some kind of issue that makes orcish cuirass on males invisible for some reason. Apparently this is a fix for that: https://yadi.sk/d/MZWwC_oX89f54

Also your guide recommended DoF for top-of-the-line specs but I think DoF looks like shit in vidya so I didn't use it. Might wanna note it's a matter of taste.
>>
>>340622413
Nice try, Todd, but we're not helping you develop Daggerfall Remastered. Figure it out on your own.
>>
WHEN SKYBLIVION

I CAN'T PLAY OBLIVION AGAIN IT'S TOO UGLY
>>
Post comfy caps.
>>
>>340622708
i'll give it a try. did you use something else except mgso?
>>
>>340622841
>>340621331
A couple more things:

A few of the mods have fucked up headers. They look for a version their master file that doesn't match the latest version. So whenever the game starts they throw the pointless error

>[Morrowind/Bloodmoon/Tribunal].esm is required for this file to be loaded, and it has changed since this file was last saved. You might experience problems with the game.

Of course, you never experience problems with the game. It's literally just a matter of changing a version number. But it's annoying to click every time if you don't edit the headers. Maybe you should upload fixed versions/make a note of what that error means and how to fix it.

>Affected mods: BetterClothesforTB, Balmora's Underworld 1.1, Mournhold LOD.esp, Ebony Claymore, Better Robes

I think one or two of those weren't in your guide.

Second problem was that a certain mesh was missing - photodragons.nif, the mesh/animation for the fireflies/whatever that buzz around the Seyda Neen area. I had to download it from an external source for some reason. Which is weird because I think it was present in vanilla.

Third problem is that sometimes, meshes/textures are just straight up missing and some props don't load. For example, when I entered Caius Cosades' house it said an urn mesh was missing and it couldn't load the object or its texture. When I was walking from Seyda Neen to Pelegiad there was a missing mesh error as well. That might just be my fault though.
>>
>>340623598
>>340622841
>>340621331
OH YEAH, and one more thing. I installed BTB's game improvements, another suggested mod from the guide. What the guide doesn't tell you is that if you want to use BTBGI and Better Clothes at the same time, you need to use the compatibility patch included with BTBGI. It's why my load order is missing Better Clothes and More Better Clothes and simply has "Better Clothes Complete (BTB Edit)". It includes Better Clothes and More Better Clothes and is compatible with BTBGI.
>>
>>340622841
>>340623598
yeah i've gone back to lurking on /tesg/ for the moment, probably won't let them know i'm alive until i actually update... i'm happy the guide helped you!

i actually hate DoF, too, i listed it because it seems like everyone else likes it. i especially hate the way it works with MGE, it makes me a little nauseous. i'll definitely edit that section.

thanks for the info and the links, i'll likely use all of them and credit you. i can't believe i forgot to list Antares' mods. whoops. Less Generic Tribunal has been a giant pain in the ass since its last update, nice to know it's even worse than i remembered.

i don't think the missing meshes should happen by following my guide, but my install IS slightly tweaked from it just because i download so many mods and sometimes keep only a single texture or two and don't consider the mod worth listing. missing mesh/texture errors drive me nuts in particular because the error message popup is so immersion ruining, so i'm really diligent about it. i could probably tell you more based on what the missing meshes/textures are. the urn problem sounds really weird, though, because unless you have a mod that alters the interior of his house to use different urns, the meshes should have defaulted to vanilla meshes if modded meshes were missing.
>>
Is there a way to make hand to hand useful in any of the tes games?
>>
>>340624174
link to the guide? i just finished the morrowind main story since it was first released... I had to dust off my GOTY edition from EB games running through vanilla bloodmoon now im not gonna mod until i complete it.
>>
File: 1465067798059.jpg (4 KB, 114x125) Image search: [Google]
1465067798059.jpg
4 KB, 114x125
>"Stand up... there you go. You were dreaming. What's your name?"
Did Jiub know about the CHIM from the very beginning?
>>
>>340624608
http://pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf

it hasn't been updated since January, but Morrowind modding isn't exactly fast paced anymore so it's not too out of date. it's more modern than MGSO at least.
>>
File: 1238806930681.jpg (62 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
1238806930681.jpg
62 KB, 600x451
>>340624748
thanks bro just looking for some revamped vanilla experience before i go balls deep with crazy mods. i still love how you can break the game with alchemy and enchanting. mfw i ran through most of the game with an enchanted ebony broad sword that caused lightning storms on strike with 900 charges.
>>
>finally playing MW after all these years
not finding many side quests outside of faction quests can anybody point me to some?

Also where can I rake in some cash since that seems more tied with how effectively I can level up
>>
>>340625981
Go off on an adventure and loot all Daedric ruins that you can find. Sell everything to the Mudcrab merchant and Creeper.
>>
>>340625981
for sidequests not tied to faction quests, you do actually need to talk to NPCs. a lot of them are generic as fuck, yes, but just ask around for latest rumors and you'll usually hear about any quests there might be nearby. they'll usually direct you to relevant NPCs that can tell you more.
>>
>Morrowind
Incomparable atmosphere, no "right way" of doing anything/extreme player freedom, best lore

>Oblivion
Bad main quest, decent faction quests, somewhat immersive, comfy sometimes but lackluster overall

>Skyrim
Good with survival mods, questionable without. No compelling story, relies too much on dragon gimmick, very railroaded, little to no freedom within the game's systems, on par with Oblivion

Morrowind>Oblivion=Skyrim
>>
File: Skyrim_Artwork_Wispmother.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim_Artwork_Wispmother.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
>>340611632
>My personal favorite was morrowind for many reasons

if you wanted with actual discussion and free of shitposting you shouldn't have started it like this, I suggest making an OP asking a joke lore question like whats CHIM?

morrowind > skyrim > oblivion
>>
It was the easiest to walk away from Skyrim's main quest.

Morrowind
>"Oh wow, THE emperor has orders for me? Shit, I better get to Balmora."

Oblivion
>"Oh wow, THE emperor has orders for me? Shit, I better get to Weynon Priory."

Skyrim
>"Do you want to come with me to Riverwood?"
>"Nope, I'm out of here."

You still get railroaded into the main quest somewhat upon your first visit to Whiterun but it just isn't initially as imperative. You can avoid the other main quests too, don't get me wrong, it was just the MOST justifiable in Skyrim. I hope Beth makes the main quest more voluntary next time. I understand that the whole "getting out of prison" thing is a series trademark, but you can do that without thrusting the player straight into the narrative.
>>
How much is there to do in the areas added by tamreil rebuilt and will it cause any problems if I have a shit computer?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lyKxKn_WsE
>>
>>340611632
Did you enjoy Morrowinds "Escort" quests?

Whoever designed those needs to be hung and his body left in public view as a warning as to what happens.
Right next to the guy that designed the combat....and cliff racer guy....and directions guy....and journal guy.

Bethesda HQ should have looked like one of Vlad the Impalers castles.
>>
>>340627521

Escort quests are shit because of the garbage pathfinding.

What's wrong with the journal directions? R u dumb?
>>
>>340624748
Whoa. That's a pretty massive list. Awesome work.
Is there any chance of something like MGSO that installs these automagically being made for first-time-modding babbies like me?
>>
>>340627457
In case of skyrim I just use the live another life mod, and skip the starting sequence in Helgen all together
>>
>>340611632
I started with Daggerfall.
Played every TES for 400h at least.
My favorite is Skyrim, have 800h in it and still haven't done everything. I never used porn or lewd mods.
>>
>>340627652
You can tell which ones were written early on(well done and detailed) and which ones were done late (west of here).

Not dumb just not fond of poor implementation of a bad idea.

It would have helped to have a searchable journal.
>>
>>340627894
The journal is searchable, anon. Or is that a MCP addition?
>>
>>340627652
The fuckers walking at the fresh off the boat pace didn't help.

Run you fucker I haven't got all day.
>>
>>340627760

Same here, but ultimately, the game is designed around your character ending up in Whiterun to defend it from the dragon. Too many references exist all over to pretend not to notice. Along with that, the alternate start mod's way of allowing you to do the main quest if you want to eventually is "idk go to to the jarl and pretend you were in Helgen lol."

It's wishful thinking but I really hope that they design the next one around a less imperative main quest/"rise of a legendary hero-god."
>>
>>340627661
unfortunately MGSO was only made because the makers went and got permission from every. single. modder. i don't have the patience for that, or the know-how to make an installer. the guide was made to be fool proof if you install it in order, though. except the gameplay section, that's more of a 'pick what you want' deal.
>>
>>340626269
Is there one I can find with things that won't destroy me at level 3
>>
>>340627894
>poor implementation of a bad idea

I don't know, I've never had a single issue with the journal descriptions. If it says "west of here" then just head west, open up your eyeballs, and pan your head left to right and look for your destination, it isn't difficult. You can also ask for direction clarifications from NPCs which updates the directions in your journal, so I think that maybe you have such a hard time with it because you don't ask for directions beyond what is initially provided upon accepting the quest. I like the journal system, it is very straightforward and immersive.
>>
>>340628336
Different strokes for different folks.

The powers that be need to send someone to Morrowind and teach them the mapreading skill.It will go a long way towards leading a backwater province into a more advanced stage.
>>
>>340611632
Only thing that majorly pissed me off about Morrowind was Jiub, but that one experience set the tone for my disappointment with the rest of the game and series.

When I first started I was like "Holy shit, this guys a bro! I've gotta find him later!" and so I kept checking docks all around Morrowind looking for his ass only to realize that I would never find him.

And that's indicative of the problems everyone has with the Elder Scrolls, really.

That set up such a cool world and lore, but they were incapable of breathing a soul into anything you can actually see with your own eyes. Everyone you meet is a forgettable punk, most of the things you do are bullshit that doesn't matter.

These games only really work as a backdrop for your own imagination, a shoddy simulation on their own.
>>
>>340628209
I see, that definitely sounds like a hassle. Can I ask when you're planning to update the guide though, as I understand there are some incompatibilities the other anon mentioned, or some improvements to be made?
>>
>>340628909
sometime in the next week is the plan, if i have time i'll work on it tonight.
>>
>>340629050
Great, looking forward to it. Will you be updating the same link, or making a new paste for it?
>>
>>340628880
>>340628880
But maybe he wasn't getting off in Vvardenfell, anon. He stayed on the ship.

>These games only really work as a backdrop for your own imagination, a shoddy simulation on their own.
Yeah, I think that's the best thing about them. It's usually the people who have no imagination complaining about the combat system and game in general. I like a world that actually requires some creativity on my own part, instead of just looking at someone else's fully realized vision that might not be the way I'd do it. I'm not saying the game is perfect by any means, obviously, I just don't think these are very good complaints.
>>
>>340629123
same link unless there's some tragic pastebin accident and i've lost the login for the account. i should probably check that...
>>
I like how much I can customise my armor. Wearing two different pauldrons and a skirt over my armour looks pretty cool
>>
File: Bait-chan.png (111 KB, 562x1302) Image search: [Google]
Bait-chan.png
111 KB, 562x1302
>>340613524
>epik snowy fantasy forests are better
>LMB spam and potion drinking is better
>dragons being killable by fucking peasants and Alduin not being sky-blocking huge is better
>>
>The Dark Brotherhood was as good as the Oblivion one in my opinion, with more memorable characters
Jesus christ no.
>and all of the factions had decent enough quests even if the storylines were often weak
Is this a Joke?
>The Daedric quests were also better
Nah
>Sanguine
You mean in comparison to this? I don't think so. This one's about even.
>Finding your way into the castle's party hall with a method of your choosing
>You could even dress up as a noble so the guard could let you in
>Interact with some of the snobby nobles untill everybody is gathered
>Cast the spell sanguine gave you to 'liven up' the party
>Everybody is naked including you
>The guests are panicking running around like crazy
>The guards rush in
>STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
>Oh there's only like 1 gold to pay no problem
> Find out you have nothing inside your inventory not even gold, you're literally naked
>Run around the town naked trying to get away.
>>
>>340621630
Nah
1. Oblivion
2. Morrowind
3. Daggerfall
4. Skyrim

I never got skyrim. I beat it, but honestly i thought it was boring as fuck. I was pretty hyped when you first got the voice but then the game just dragged on. Most of the dungeons felt pretty uninspired and linear, and the guild quests were terrible. Also the variety of enemies in the map was terrible. I think the combat was definitely better than the others, but still not good. Also, people talk about he environment, there wasn't much of anything. You had snow areas and areas without snow. That's about it. The dwarven ruins were cool, I'll give you that. They also watered down the skills and attributes. Why people like this game I don't know.

How you put Oblivion so low I don't understand. The last quest for the thieves guild was one of the best in the series and all of the dark brotherhood stuff from Oblivion was amazing. I think the weakest part of Oblivion was the constant Oblivion gates, but the variety of enemeis was great. Fighting dremora and crew were definitely more fun than draugr. The dungeon designs were often nonlinear and much more interesting. People also seemed more alive. You could follow NPCs and they had entire lives scripted. I think it was the perfect balance between Morrowind and Skyrim. You could still improve from Oblivion, but it was definitely the best in the series.
>>
>>340630724
I agree I forgot to mention here >>340630834

The daedric quests in Oblivion were AMAZING

Also the huge lack of argonians, khajit etc. in Skyrim was pretty fucking boring
>>
>>340624174
Thanks for your work, guideman
>>
>>340630834
/thread
>>
File: 1455893692101.jpg (564 KB, 1500x1714) Image search: [Google]
1455893692101.jpg
564 KB, 1500x1714
>>340622943
I believe you've mistaken me for someone else.
>>
>>340630834
not that anon, but I just find Cyrodil to be unbelievably dull, its definitely the most boring province of the Empire. Some of the quests were good sure, but they didnt make up for the rest of the game being boring, and I know this can be fixed by mods, but damn those potato faces. Oblivion also has the absolute worst implementation of level scaling I have ever seen
>>
>>340621328
win 10?
>>
>>340624669
Leave us Nord. Isn't it Amanranth when you're dreaming/hallcuinating (can't even tell if metaphor or literally, help) rather than CHIM?

Gah, I can't even remember. I know that a lot of people like to simply CHIM as some sort of weird lucid dreaming. I probably am Nord now.
>>
>>340623303
MGEXE, exeOpt, and 4GB patch are pretty much boilerplate for Morrowind.
>>
>>340627457
Morrowind has the least imperative main quest of the three. Even when you do report to Caius, he says this.
>So the Emperor told you to report to me? I'll give you 200 septims to fuck off.
>>
>>340630834
1. Morrowind
2. Oblivion
3. Skyrim
Before I get memed on for being a nostalgiafag, I played them in the order of Oblivion -> Skyrim -> Morrowind and I find Morrowind immensely better in just about every way, and I haven't even started modding it yet.
>>
>>340627457
Untrue, Skyrim makes the quests sound urgent, like a ''get there before it's too late!'' kind of thing. While in Morrowind you're literally given 200 and encouraged to find work.
>>
File: dungeondesigns.jpg (164 KB, 875x2423) Image search: [Google]
dungeondesigns.jpg
164 KB, 875x2423
>>
What are some OB mods that make it as much like MW as possible? I already have OOO.
>>
>>340613396
now post the one where vivec is behind you
>>
>>340627457
>Morrowind
>drop/sell coded package somewhere
>Cosades lives in the far corner of Balmora opposite the silt strider, you will not find him by accident and have no reason to except that some imperial dick-heads told you to
>"no package? fuck off"
>main quest averted

>Oblivion
>can't drop amulet (lol quest item)
>explore too much of the map (whoops, found Kvatch)
>oblivion gates open everywhere because why not?
>you caused this just by sight-seeing
>main quest unavoidable without metagaming

>Skyrim
>merely visit Whiterun
>you're somehow a really fucking important random prisoner-gopher just because you survived a dragon attack (like everyone you didn't kill on your way out) ???
>get railroaded with a quest to unleash dragons upon the world

>>340633884
This.

You practically have to harass that dope-head to start the first part of the main quest. If you're under-experienced, he tells you to explore the world and do whatever or find the blades trainers and come back later.
>>
>>340627457
>Morrowind
>short opening
>gets you into the world as fast as possible
>Oblivion
>long tutorial that you only have to do with your first character
>make a save at the end of tutorial dungeon to bypass the whole thing
>takes no time at all
>Skyrim
>have to sit through shitty fucking hour long tutorial and opening cutscene every fucking time you create a new character
>cannot bypass it
>>
>>340619848
Late but
>"patch" project
>no acoustic overhaul
>no book jackets
>no graphical herbalism
>no mod that allows any npc to fallow you
Outlander you just went full N'wah
>>
>>340636369
>book jackets
>in the year 2016

there are pluginless texture replacers for books now, anon. also not him but MAO can be a buggy piece of shit on some systems.
>>
File: PACKINBOMBSTONIGHT.jpg (84 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PACKINBOMBSTONIGHT.jpg
84 KB, 600x600
I hope they get rid of smithing in TES 6!

Worst elder scrolls feature since moving to wifflebat combat mechanics
>>
>>340636369
>acoustic overhaul
>"let's see what I can dig up on freesound.org", the mod
>>
>>340636369
>graphical herbalism
Not him, but I personally dislike that mod. Matter of taste.
>>no mod that allows any npc to follow you
don't think I'd like that either.
>>
>>340627457
Skyrim actually does commonly urge you to do the main quest with their ''go before it's too late'' sort of attitude, meanwhile Caius tells you to maybe join a guild, and find work before ordering you.
>>
Caius just wants to smoke and drink skooma all fucking day. He really doesn't give a single fuck about you.
>>
>>340637112
He lets you sleep in his bed though
>>
File: 1445508032992.jpg (35 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1445508032992.jpg
35 KB, 500x414
>>340611632
Is there some up-to-date image or guide to good mods and modding MW?
>>
File: 1442356956519.jpg (46 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1442356956519.jpg
46 KB, 604x453
>>340611632

I feel like replaying some TES. WHich on should i pick? Recommended mods?
>>
>>340638034
See >>340624748
It's reasonably up-to-date, according to the creator.

>>340638186
See above for Morrowind.
>>
>>340638034
The old tesg on gdrive has a pretty good one, though it hasn't been updated since planetelderscrolls went the way of the dodo.

gdriv.es/tesg/morrowind.html

Still relevant. Not like anyone's modding the fuck out of Morrowind these days.
>>
>>340638186
Well it depends really on what you want. On one hand, Morrowind has all of these factions, different weapons (throwing stars and even Japane- I mean Akaviri weapons even), really good for roleplay, and some sort of mod like Better Sounds can help your immersion but the NPCs are rather boring and you have to use your imagination a lot.

Well, if you prefer a NPC have 1-5 lines rather than a Morrowind one that has c/pd lines form everywhere, thought can give you advice (quest triggering and lore) secrets (for the brand new really) and advice (again, pretty much for the brand new), go for Morrowind. I played 250+ Skyrim DLC but I enjoy Morrowind much more, and note I played Skyrim first.

Well, that's what I can say off the top of my head.
>>
File: 1441417675261.jpg (41 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1441417675261.jpg
41 KB, 420x420
>1000+ hours in MW, still not bored of it
>1000+ hours in OB, still not bored, currently playing it
>60 hours into Skyrim, never want to touch it again
>>
>>340636554
>he doesn't want separate book jackets on every book
>>
>>340636369
What the fuck would you use instead of the patch, nigger?
>>
File: 1453110991842.jpg (25 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
1453110991842.jpg
25 KB, 353x353
>>340638934
>I enjoy Morrowind much more, and note I played Skyrim first.
>played skyrim first
When will this meme end
>>
File: 1465539710601.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1465539710601.png
55 KB, 217x190
>>340638640
>>340638854
Thanks.
>>
File: MW-place-Akulakhan.jpg (143 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
MW-place-Akulakhan.jpg
143 KB, 1333x1000
Anyone wants to talk lore or ask questions?
>>
>>340640152
ok lets talk lore, what do you think are the chances that Bethesda will say a dragonbreak happened at the end of Skyrim? I think its a real possibility
>>
>>340640152
You gotta help me, regarding stuff like Amanranth what the hell is literal and metaphorical? Is it even possible to know? Like, are you literally dreaming/hallucinating or not? CHIM, how does the so called Secret Tower relate to it?
>>
>>340640152
Why did they build a bone ribcage into a stone golem?
>>
>>340640381
It is possible because a Dragon...well many of them got literally broken.
But it can be done a lot easier, do a shitstorm similar to red year which will make Civil War a moot point.

>>340640421
I will explain now...in next post.
>>
>>340640665
he is not a robot, he is more like Eva
he is grown from essences of Heart of Lorkhan and then coated in armor
he is literally a synthetic God, not a machine but a fake God
>>
>>340639606
Would rather nothing at all than unofficial patch with undocumented changes that has nothing to do with bug fixes.
>>
>>340640774
>heart placed where belly button would be
That's some symbolism, I guess.
>>
File: adele.jpg (26 KB, 280x390) Image search: [Google]
adele.jpg
26 KB, 280x390
Gonna try Morrowind on my Vive tonight. Has anyone tried it before? I noticed there's some mod called Morrowrift but it's, obviously, for the facebookulus. The other option is that Vorpx thing which I haven't tried yet, but you need a DX9 version of MW. Anyone know if it works with OpenMW? Other options?
>>
>>340640916
do you have autism?
>>
>>340635273
This image was made by someone who either never played Morrowind or only visited quest dungeons. The best dungeons in the game were non-linear and better than anything in Skyrim and Oblivion, but the vast majority of the dungeons were linear as fuck, tiny or long tubes and even worse copypaste than in Skyrim and Oblivion.

Just look at all the ancestral tombs, shitty bandit/slaver caves, mines, daedric shrines, velothi towers and grottos.
>>
File: tesdiscussionstg.png (48 KB, 885x392) Image search: [Google]
tesdiscussionstg.png
48 KB, 885x392
>>340640152
>>>/tg/tgesg
>>
>>340615054
100% reflect magica is better and cooler
>>
>>340640152
Which God is Mannimarco exactly
>>
>>340639685
What meme would that be?
>>
File: Dharma_Wheel.svg.png (357 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Dharma_Wheel.svg.png
357 KB, 2000x2000
>>340640421
>>340640686

I will divide shit into Super Speculative (SS), Speculative (S), Mixed up/Multiple contradicting sources (M), You can be almost certain (C). There is nothing that you can be absolutely certain sadly though.

Okay, so originally there was Anu and Padomay and Nir. From what we can tell they were in another form of existence. You know the way it goes, Nir likes Anu, Padomay gets jelly, they duke it out, Nir is maimed and Padomay gets killed, Anu gets depressed. Multiple sources like Annoated Anuad state a peculiar thing, that
>He went to sleep, grieving in the sun
This, as well as Mer understanding of Anu the Everything and Yoku myths suggest that Anu is the Godhead of this universe. He went into some form of coma...not a usual one mind you, it might be some actually magical shit in his universe which legitemately made his mind and soul turn into a new world. What matters is that he is "sleeping" and Aurbis (name of TES universe as a whole) is projection of his demented mind. (SS)
The first things to emerge in his dream are Anui-El and Sithis, which are called "souls" of Anu and Padomay. The way people interpret those two beings is, Anui-El is what would be your own avatar in your dream, while Sithis is a memory projection of Padomay...an idea virus representing his brother so to say. Regardless, interplay of those two beings/concepts create everything, they are the binary code. (S)
cont.
>>
>>340641285
I'm just overly cautious when it comes to modding dude. That's why I like MCP, you can see every change and can use it or not. Plus you can finish entire game without MPP and no actual bugs.
>>
>>340642050
implying you first played Skyrim
>>
>>340642294
Not him, but I played Oblivion first, Skyrim second and Morrowind is my favorite. What's the problem, anyway? You don't believe someone new to the series could prefer MW?
>>
>>340642409
Of course not, MW is old and gross.

Newer games are always better, anon.
>>
>>340642409
>>340642535
kek, no but it's just thought it was highly unlikely you still prefere the combat system and the dialogue in that fashion, when you have been spoiled by pretty good voice actors and a less lame combat system.
Not claiming that Skyrim has a good combat system btw.
>>
>>340641846
He became his own God, the Necromancers moon. You can see him spinning around plane of Arkay in the sky after Daggerfall.
People have to remember that everyone is an Ada (a spirit) or a stabilized bound Ada (mortals) and Et'Ada (original spirits) are not that much different. Any Ada with enough power can technically count as a God since that's what Gods are, very powerful spirits/concepts.
>>340642118
Okay, so now the base reality and highest level of material representation that Sithis and Anui-El get was a being of both Space and Time, he represented flow of existence as a whole and was Akatosh/all Dragon Gods and Lorkhan/All trickster Gods unified. A dualistic deity which had both Anuic and Padomaic principles in him.(S)
His existence allowed other Et'Ada to form out of pure Aetherius, concepts and ideas that will become Jyggalag, Kyne, Namira, Arkay etc. (M)
Sithis as a force infects said unified original Et'Ada and introduces what is referred to
>Unstable mutant!
in "Sithis" book. (M)
What is speculated is that Sithis infects the being with memories of Nir. (SS)
With said shit bothering the being it starts to fly around Aurbis in search of something, until it metaphorically reaches the edge of the world and sees the Wheel. Wheel represents all of existence as a whole and it's natural course. When he look at the wheel from the side he saw a Tower, which represents "I", an identity in creation. The being realized that Everything and everyone is the same being and in reverse, said being is part of everyone in return. This realization made him mad and it slowly started to divide into Dragon God and Trickster God archetypes. (M)
Trickster God (Lorkhan, Shor etc.) saw existence as a trap and decided to create a plane where one could be tested and true freedom would be achieved from the eternal trap of the dream, he decided to construct The Arena according to the concepts of Nir, The Grey Maybe. (M)
cont.
>>
File: combat in Morrowind.webm (1 MB, 1980x1114) Image search: [Google]
combat in Morrowind.webm
1 MB, 1980x1114
>>340642535
>>
>>340642852
I like Morrowind's combat. I think it would be literally perfect with good animations on top.
>>
File: Sithis.png (437 KB, 593x599) Image search: [Google]
Sithis.png
437 KB, 593x599
>>340642118
>>340642897
Those who join said endeavor are called Aedra, our ancestors. Those who liked the idea but decided to fuck off and create a mini solitary realms for themselves in the corners of Oblivion become Daedra, which means not our ancestors (or stronger ancestors according to some translations of Ehlnofex). (C)
Of course this was all a foil and depending on the mythos Aedra willingly sacrifice their energy or get tricked into doing so. (M)
Magnus and his children, Magna-Ge escape from the new plane, Mundus, before they get bound and create holes in reality leading to Aetherius, from which creatia/magicka flows, The Sun and The Stars. (C)
Deities land and Anchor on the new Plane, Nirn in their Ur-Tower, Adamantine, the first and original focal point of creation. Dragon God of Time enraged or by proposition from Trickster God himself rips out his heart, and Trinimac shoots it across the new plane until it falls and creates The Red Mountain. Existence of two focal points, or Towers, binds time into a linear fashion and reality stabilizes. (M)
Dragon God of Time is trapped by this and supposedly his soul is inside of Heart of Lorkhan. (S)
Trickster God is forced to walk as a spirit and influence the world through avatars and sneaky tricks. (C)
Now that we got this down, lets go to CHIM and Amaranth and all that.
>>
>>340615054
>not making it 2-3 seconds for sunder
>>
File: 1463929000324.png (423 KB, 781x628) Image search: [Google]
1463929000324.png
423 KB, 781x628
>give morrowind a shot
>making my class alone takes me an hour, i love mix and matching and going through all the shit there is
>alchemy is fun and cozy
>environments and architecture noticeably changes around world as do the political standings and ties
>main quest is possibly one of the best western RPG stories of all time
>music is great
>skybox is crazy good
>water actually never was all that bad

>load up oblivion
>all the towns look dumpy - and the ones that are SUPPOSED to look good just shoot low
>main quest is straight dogshit, not just the quality but how much everything fucks up and gets buggy, you literally have to fix and mess with just about every other quest using commands and shit to keep it working
>water is like an opaque goo
>skybox is poor in comparison to it's predecessor
>i don't have to go into detail about the faces
>fucking oblivion gates
>literally no political strife or tension between people other than "HAVE YOU HEARD THE EMPERORS DEAD?" "NO,THAT'S HORRIBLE - I SAW A MUDCRAB THE OTHER DAY." "NASTY LITTLE CREATURES." "GOOD DAY." "YOU TOO."
>on top of all that, don't forget oblivions fucked up scaling issues and as par for an elder scrolls game in recent times, it's just in general a downgrade from the last addition to the series
>>
>>340643535
>>main quest is possibly one of the best western RPG stories of all time
>babbys first WRPG
>>
>>340642118
>>340642897
>>340643416
CHIM is a nirvana like state that is possible only because of the Mortal Plane, Lorkhan had to fail so that others would not fail.
Just like Lorkhan you need to see The Tower and The Wheel, you also have to see that they are one and the same and most important of all, you must be so egotistical and love yourself so much that despite said realization you have to fully retain your identity and force it upon reality. With all this you can reshape existence as if it was part of your self, but obviously at this point you are a very different being and have different priorities. If you want to read more about CHIM read Sermons, Mysterium Xarxes commentaries, Black Books mention it in a roundabout way and generally any metaphysical book where you hear anything related to "dreaming" is usually tied to the way reality works.
Amaranth is a super speculative topic, but it's not completely unbased in TES lore. CHIM is not the end Goal of whatever Lorkhan wanted with his "true freedom", it allows you to see reality as it is but it clearly does not free you from it, so there has to be a step beyond.
According to MK's C0DA Amaranth is that step beyond, when you basically become a Godhead of your own existence but unlike Anu your dream is not based on tragedy and grief.

Ultimately TES ever since Redguard is about overcoming a tragedy. The universe exists because of a tragedy (Anu, Padomay, Nir), and said tragedy keeps repeating itself over and over again on all levels of reality (Akatosh kills Lorkhan etc.), CHIM and true freedom are ultimately about breaking out of the limitations of self created prison and becomes A New Man, a person that overcame his tragedy and used it as a cocoon of sorts.
At least that's what MK and Kuhlmann wanted it to be about.
>>
File: Sithis.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Sithis.jpg
123 KB, 1024x768
>>340642118
>>340642897
>>340643416
>>340643902
That's metaphysics, Aurbis and origins of TES universe in a nutshell.
Of course there is a whole lot tied to walking ways and tonality of reality and how magic works (Standard, Dawn, Shadow, Tonal etc.) and all that but that's not what people usually want to discuss.
Now just read up on books and old forum posts and decide what you consider to be true.
>>
Surprising, this is the first time I've heard of Nir. I've read on the Six Walking Ways, like how some interpret Dracochrysalis and whatever else.

Thanks loremasters
>>
>>340643857
Ackshually, Dunhsheon Mashtur was much better.
>>
>>340644173
yep, nir is the slut that anu and padomay lusted over
and the being according to which nirn was made
>>
>>340643857
we know you grew up on skyrim but try to understand adults like different things, okay champ? :)
>>
>>340623074
Just use mods lad
I wish I could play it again but I still remember every fucking thing about every location and quest and I last played it like 7 years ago
>>
Is there something where I can download all of Morrowind's books?
>>
>>340644647
you can read all the books here
http://www.imperial-library.info/
>>
>>340644647
Also here is old but proven lore guide
>http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/
>>
>>340642852
I'm also someone that started with Oblivion and even though it's true the combat is better, it's not like Oblivion combat is good anyway.
In fact, if you like being a mage and magic in general Morrowind combat is not that much different compared to Oblivion, and it has more options.
>>
>>340645292
>Flinging nuclear explosions at all enemies in fully enchanted gear while laughing like a maniac

I can't do traditional melee anymore.
>>
>>340622035
>I do think they overdo the story element of factions in Oblivion and Skyrim
Skyrim doesn't overdo the story element of anything.
>>
>>340615054
BoBS, right?
>>
>>340618496
It is Mackom's, they are great, and it's easy to find the hairs.
>>
File: f3d.png (283 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
f3d.png
283 KB, 600x595
>>340618636
>>
>>340628336
A big problem with Morrowind is the draw distance being so short and your snail pace makes it a huge pain in the ass to explore and look for things.
>>
>>340647531
I disagree, I think it looks like shit. The ship's textures in that image look great though.
>>
>>340648112
MGE XE fixes this.
>>
>>340644063
Tbh I view Tonal Architecture, sword singing, kiai (is it canon?), the Voice and whatever else as reality warping. Magic is basically converting magicka to something else, Tone warping is... they don't say much info on that stuff, do they? Well I suppose you can't use magicka to anti-create, while sword singing, as it seems to me at least is like anime swordplay, probably closest to One Piece's and possibly OPM's.

I don't know Dawn magic, and I know very little on Shadow magic. Do you still use magicka for this stuff or is Tone warping still considered magic?
>>
>>340642852
Not either of those other guys, I played Skyrim, then Morrowind, then Oblivion, and Morrowind is my favorite without question.

Stop being so casual, Anon.
>>
>>340636206
Fallout 4 is even worse about that.

I don't get it. They had the perfect solution - just give the player a place at the end of the intro where they can change everything about their character, so they can make a save there and skip it on repeat playthroughs. And they went out of their way to fuck it up.
>>
>>340645292
At least magicka regenerates in Oblivion.
>>
File: illusionmagic.png (123 KB, 242x346) Image search: [Google]
illusionmagic.png
123 KB, 242x346
Illusion magic best magic.

Destruction mages can fuck off.
>>
>>340650123
Conjuration > Illusion = Alteration > Mysticism > Restoration > Destruction > Thaumaturgy

Objectively speaking.
>>
>>340650123
That art for Oblivion skills was the coolest of all the games IMO
>>
>>340649593
>needing regenerating magicka in an elder scrolls game
>cut a time-hole mid-combat and chug some potions

If you're a badass, throw a stack of restore magicka pots on a hotkey. You do have restore magicka pots, don't you, anon?
>>
File: 1365685727473.jpg (104 KB, 339x360) Image search: [Google]
1365685727473.jpg
104 KB, 339x360
>>340650123
>>340650597
>not Mysticism
>>
>>340632712
oh god this thread is still up. yes win10. tried compatibility mode but this isnt helping either. :(
>>
>>340651224
>win10
Why?
You, my friend, are doomed.
>>
>>340651224
Downgrade or VM Win7, there's no way you'll get it running in Win10 without losing your sanity first.
>>
>>340651313
>>340652131
its a new laptop i bought. i have a pc here and win7 copy from uni. thank you both for your valuable input. never thought i say something like that on /v/.
>>
>>340650597
Alteration and Mysticism are most useful. Teleports, Levitation, Locks Opening...everyone should pick those skills as major/minor.
>>
File: 1436774192908.jpg (192 KB, 879x1024) Image search: [Google]
1436774192908.jpg
192 KB, 879x1024
I wish these games offered more ways to interact with/immerse yourself into the world. For example, build a campfire in the middle of the woods, sit down and cook the monster you just killed, then set up a tent to sleep in. Are there any (good) mods for Morrowind that add stuff like this?
>>
File: 1465043192073.jpg (21 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1465043192073.jpg
21 KB, 300x400
>>340652541
no problem, hope you get it running.
>>
>>340653284
I remember there being a massive crafting mod for Morrowind that let you make campfires, tents, and all kind of shit by collecting materials from around the world (chopping down trees, mining rocks). Also added cooking.
You can kind of guess how it works; it's script-heavy (inventory pollutant) and not visually spectacular, but it does what you're talking about.

Can't remember what it was called, so I'm useless.
>>
>>340653284
This and ive been waiting since day 1 of oblivion for GOOD coop in ANY of the games. I want to team up with a buddy and we have our own unique builds and we explore the world
>>
>>340611632
/v/ loves morrowind but has a hate boner for Howard and the team that developed it. I will never understand this.
>>
File: 1465163780221.png (405 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1465163780221.png
405 KB, 800x450
>>340653817
that's a pipe-dream, and I'm sure the game mechanics don't quite allow for that, but I feel you, man.
>>
>>340638186
Daggerfall and Arena are the ones that actual give you room to roleplay. Morrowind is essential a themepart MMO without other players, Oblivion is shit in every regard and Skyrim is an action RPG.
>>
>slight hijack of thread for Morrowind mod related issue

Anyone got Better Clothes for Tribunal?

Can't find any alternate download location for it and http://mw.modhistory.com/download-87-11804 doesn't seem to be working anymore.
>>
>>340654465
have you checked the list in >>340624748 ?
>>
>>340653284
there's some great ones like that for Skyrim. In terms of survival mods that game is really gifted, I can only enjoy it if I play it as a survival sim now really
>>
>>340654617

Has the same probably now outdated link and location that doesn't work
>>
>>340654236
Not that guy but can you explain how ancient dos games are better for roleplaying? They don't look immersive at all.
>>
>>340654134
Slightly off topic but bethesda related, is there a good coop mod for either fallout 3 or new vegas? Hell id take fallout 4 coop at this point
>>
Slaughter the thug furballs.
>>
>>340653979
The majority of /v/ is too young to know that he's been working on TES games since Arena.
>>
>>340654890
>look

Spotted the underage.
>>
>>340654890
same as actual pen-and-paper games are better for roleplaying. they don't have to "look" like anything.
>>
>>340653979
>>340654956
Toddposting is mostly just a meme, far as I'm aware. I can't speak for anyone but I definitely don't hate Todd, I hate the fat corporate fucks who run the industry. However, his involvement with earlier games has nothing to do with the fact that their quality has been decreasing ever since. Why should the developers not be held at least partly accountable?
>>
>>340654956
Pretty sure Toddposting has more to do with his bullshit today. We're just upset that he's fallen so low.
>>
>>340655402
Well, it depends on what you define quality. The games have been simplified, that's for sure, and while people like you and me may dislike that, for many it makes them more accessible.

Also on a modern engine, you can't have 50 NPCs in one town, like in Morrowind, so everything has to be simplified otherwise the game won't run.
>>
>>340655648
He was never a known person when he was making the first couple of TES games. I think it's just a fact that the guy can lie about shit quite blatantly and his games still sell as well as they do. Toddposting really only started with Skyrim.
>>
>>340650784
Sure, that works fine if you want to go through a million potions for every dungeon and don't actually hate potion spam.
>>
Holy fucking hell what is the point of speechcraft. I've spent thousands training it up to be usable and it still fails every single time
>>
>>340656201
what is bribing?
>>
>>340656947
something I wanted to avoid by using the speechcraft skill.
>>
File: 1382959917141.jpg (17 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
1382959917141.jpg
17 KB, 245x204
>>340655657
>for many it makes them more accessible
Sure it does. What's your point?

>modern engine
There's the issue. The way the "modern engines"(they have actually been using the same engine for years) are developed shows fundamental lack of understanding of what makes these games what they are. It's not the polygon count or the physics, or the amount of bushes in a forest. This series, actually, the gaming industry as a whole, is advancing entirely in the wrong direction, and even then, they still manage to make their games look and perform like shit. Can you imagine the possibilities for a game like Morrowind being developed now, if only they could forget about muh-state-of-the-art-graphics for a while and instead concentrate on atmosphere, gameplay depth, player freedom, immersion, worldbuilding, writing? I'm getting angry as I'm typing this, so I'll just stop.

I know almost nobody would agree with me, but I'd be fine with very minor graphical improvements from where Morrowind left off, if only that would mean development in all the fields that actually matter.
>>
>>340612992
Oblivion is a travesty of game design. Every single game mechanic is fundamentally broken in some way. Consider just level scaling alone: it means your character grows proportionally weaker as you gain levels. It fills the world with daedric armor-wearing bandits and 1000-HP mudcrabs. It makes all unique items gained from quests useless, as they also scale to your level at the moment you completed the quest. Just this one single mechanic irreversibly fucks up your character, the gameworld and the itemization.
Add to this dumbed down mechanics(AKA muh spears), Disneyworld game design, terrible console-first menu and inventory design, terrible quest design, terrible guilds(they're all just linear series of quests which can all be completed simultaneously, without any interplay between them, as in Morrowind), terrible stealth which makes you invisible to everyone simply by crouching in front of them, terrible dialogs, terrible character models, terrible lockpicking& persuasion minigames, terrible writing...
Pretty much one of the worst game of all time.

Also, let's dispel this notion that Oblivion quests are good. They are not good. 95% of them consist of running around in circles and hitting things with your sword. There would maybe be some exotic, terribly written reason for you to run in circles and hit things with your sword, which is apparently enough for neo-/v/ to proclaim these the best quests ever.
In fact, the only reason that the mediocre DB questline is so highly regarded is that it breaks the monotony of running in circles and hitting things with your sword. There's still no branching, no meaningful consequences, not a single skill or stat check in the entire questline- these are not good quests.
The only people who would find Oblivion better than Morrowind are the <20y.o. XBox kiddies who played Oblivion before they would know any better. It is the ultimate nostalgia-goggles game. And I'm not even particularly fond of Morrowind.
>>
>>340657135
I don't know for sure, but in my experience the point of raising speechcraft is to abuse bribing.
>>
>>340613327
>Drain intelligence 100% for 1 second
Infinite magicka
>>
>>340657382
Out of curiosity what do you think of Skyrim
>>
>>340657493
>cheating
>>
>>340657676
Never bothered to play it famalam. After Fallout 3, I decided that it's pointless to try any further Beth games.
>>
>>340657382
This is copypasta but I pretty much agree with it entirely. Except I liked the lockpicking.
>>
>>340654465

Oh hey it's working again, shit
>>
How's Open Morrowind if I want to play the game for the first time?
>>
File: 1465441007898.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1465441007898.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
>>340659415
I'm waiting for the fabled version 1.0 before I try it, but it's supposedly playable, you can finish the game and all. I don't know any specifics, but from what I've heard, you should be fine.
>>
Imperial
Steed

Spears
Light Armor
Alteration
Restoration
Marksman

Mysticism
Illusion
Conjuration
Blunt Weapons
Alchemy
>>
>>340657270
>Can you imagine the possibilities
yeah, bankruptcy, developing costs are not getting any lower and the game prices havent changed much in ages, you either appeal to the big market, or go bankrupt, or make shitty pixel indies
>>
>>340660478
I know. Why doesn't some millionaire who's into vidya fund their dream game?
>>
>>340660405
Also Imperial light armor master race here

Lady

Long Blades
Block
Light Armor
Athletics
Security

Speechcraft
Acrobatics
Sneak
Alteration
Mysticism
>>
Is it feasible at all to have both Light and Heavy Armor as Major skills? Can you effectively wear mixed Armor styles in Morrowind?
>>
>>340660405
First time playing

Dunmer
Lady

Spear
Heavy Armour
Speechcraft
Blunt Weapon
Block

Long Blade
Axe
Athletics
Medium Armour
Armorer

Would swap out Medium Armour for Mercantile if I could do over but oh well.
>>
>>340661618
>no alteration or mysticism
>two types of armor
>no less than FOUR weapon skills

The first I can maybe forgive because it's your first playthrough and you didn't know any better, but come on pal.
>>
>>340615814
>more comfier
>>
>>340662639
Mysticism is the most important school in my opinion, with alteration probably second.
>>
>>340662639
Not interested in magic for this character and I alternate between spear and sword and board whilst my weapons enchantments recharge. I mainly just needed to fill out skills.
>>
>>340661516
BLS RESBOND
>>
>>340661516
Feasible, sure, but I don't see the point. Waste of a major skill desu. But I mean if you really want to for whatever reason, you'd be fine with it.
>>
>>340663171
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>340662916
I definitely see what you're saying, but there's a reason even a lot of non-mages invest in those two skills, as they are both EXTREMELY versatile and can save a LOT of time and frustration between the various teleportation spells, Levitation, Feather, and magic defense spells. I would only ever suggest not using them if you're roleplaying as someone who refuses to use magic of any kind or something like that.
>>
>>340662639
>not mixing armor types so you reach ultimate fashion
>not maxing out multiple weapon skills so you can mix things up
smdh muthsera
>>
>>340665229
You can very easily pick up alternate melee weapons once your character's feet are on the ground and level them up from miscellaneous level in no time. Only a complete retard would pick more than one for class skills. You really don't even need a single weapon as a class skill, it just makes the first few levels a little easier.
>>
>>340665483
>Only a complete retard would pick more than one for class skills.
Why are you acting like you need to powergame in Morrowind? There's very little level scaling and it's ridiculously easy to get strong, just choose the skills you want to use.
>>
>>340620527
daggerfall = everyone gets hype after leaving the starting dungeon, only to immediately figure out that 99% of the game content is dungeon crawling and everything else is literally copypasted/empty

arena = a true adventure. awesome music, world, everything
>>
>>340665483
Hold on there, four's a little excessive but two is just fine if you want to have some variety. Every build breaks the game sooner or later anyway so who cares?
>>
>all that fucking loot from the ashlander burial caverns

I can probably level up like 3 times from all this shit
>>
The order I played:

Oblivion (on release) ->Morrowind->Arena->Skyrim (on release)-> Daggerfall

My rankings:

Morrowind

[power gap]

Skyrim
Oblivion
Arena
Daggerfall

Oblivion was by far the biggest drop-off. I can admit that even though it was my first TES game and still a pretty good game.
>>
>>340614614
So you got bored doing illustrious missions like kill the rats in the attic and collecting mushrooms. Maybe if you weren't mentally retarded you could get to more fun missions
>>
>>340653712
Its called Morrowind Economy or smth. I believe I have this mod even burned to a CD along with some other mods like Draconian Voice and Fishing mod.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.