[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Star Citizen backers the dumbest people on the planet? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Dayz 2.0.jpg (683 KB, 1013x1230) Image search: [Google]
Dayz 2.0.jpg
683 KB, 1013x1230
Are Star Citizen backers the dumbest people on the planet? Why do they continue to white knight for this obvious con job?

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would have realized that the continued """"development"""" of this project is far more lucrative than the final product ever could be.
>>
>>340606214
What will happen to this man when it gets cancelled?
>>
>>340606363
I hope it gets cancelled a day after the dumb bastard dies and Chris Roberts takes a bubbly yellow piss on his grave while on his way to the bank
>>
>>340606214
Star Citizen is a fucking cult
>>
Have they ever revealed any information since the last livestream?
>>
>>340606214
sunk cost fallacy, anon.
these fags put so much money in it, they have that urge to stay with the sinking ship
>>
>>340608768
What sinking ships they are releasing the first part of their single player within a year. They just added persistence in their tech demo. You keep saying it's going to fail but they money keeps rolling in.
>>
I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your TV
I'm the cult of personality
I exploit you, still you love me
I tell you one and one makes three
>>
>>340606214
if they were getting so much funding whyd they go full jew and charge insane amounts of real money for in game ships?
>>
>>340608894
it better work. imagine the shitstorm it will cause when it doesn't appear.

i'm just saying that the sunk cost fallacy is the reason why these fags won't jump ship. whether the ship will actually fly or not is another matter.
>>
actually anyone with two brain cells would realize you can't predict the future like that with 100% certainty. the backing has slowed down significantly at this point, so actually finishing and making more off new buyers would be a better profit at this point
>>
>>340609094
Past the $45 or whatever it is to get the base package everything after is a donation to further development of the game. Alot of these people are 30+ with huge disposable income compared to the average /v/tard .
>>
>>340609094
because the in game ships are donation tiers, not literal purchases.
>>
>>340609380
>people are 30+ with huge disposable income compared to the average /v/tard .

and this people will never care what /v/tard says because each month salary is enough to cover it. The game basicaly live from people that has actual living hood
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.