[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just got this game and it's downloading right now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Overwatch.png (256 KB, 640x417) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch.png
256 KB, 640x417
So I just got this game and it's downloading right now. I'm generally pretty bad at FPS games, so how do I actually get good at this? I want to be able to play well.
>>
Learn the basics of every hero.
Git gud at mouse tracking.
Find a few character that you seem to do decently as and stick to them. Of course change if team comp demands it.
And if you really want to be good, communicate with your team. I've seen tons of matches lost just because people run in one at a time over and over and over.
>>
>>340598679
>I'm generally pretty bad at FPS games
Overwatch is a game for you
>>
>>340598867
What's mouse tracking? I have my mouse set to 1600 DPI (which is higher than what i'm used to, I just got this Zowie FK1 mouse)
>>
1. play quake live
2. get good at pharah without even playing her
3. gold medals everywhere
>>
>>340598679
>I'm generally pretty bad at FPS games
Good, because it is more teamwork based than anything. Just remember winning the objective is all that matters, not playing fucking Hanzo or Widowmaker every fucking round trying to get kills
>>
>>340598954
I'm guessing he means tracking targets smoothly with your mouse.

Also super high DPI is not better for aiming. You can turn the fuck out of your camera, but fine aiming is practically impossible.
>>
File: ScreenShot_16-06-10_00-39-57-000.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_16-06-10_00-39-57-000.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
>>340598679
>Pick Lucio.
>Put on JSRF soundtrack. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncfIrjjMgo )
>Speed aura to to objective.
>Switch to heal aura
>Jump around and wallride everywhere on and around the objective, shooting randomly at enemies. Hit E whenever you're getting attacked and get below 150hp

Grats, you're now having a blast and being an invaluable team asset while being infuriatingly hard to kill.
>>
>>340598954
Ability to follow a target with your crosshair. There are a lot of jumpy and fast moving characters in this game.

Protip: Mouse sensitivity 10 in the game is the same as your DPI.
>>
>Go on 4chan for some gameplay discussion
>nothing but waifufaggotry
>Go on Reddit for some gameplay disccusion
>nothing but shitty fanart and shitty play of the games that get upboated
>Go on the Official forums for some gameplay discussion
>NERF MECREE NERF WIDOWMAKER

I don't even give a shit about competitive play but I do like to talk about character balance/interactions
>>
>>340599623
Reddit forums usually branch off to make one that's serious. Maybe TL will pick up the game, though I can understand if their strict moderation makes you apprehensive.
>>
>>340598679
low mouse sensitivity
mouse accel off
send game mouse speed at 9 or 10 (you mouse will sync up with people's running speed)
>>
>>340599623
>>Go on Reddit for some gameplay disccusion
>>nothing but shitty fanart and shitty play of the games that get upboated

I don't know why I expected r/Overwatch to be anything but that.
>>
HOW TO FIX MCREE
Make his flashbang interrupt all skills (like it was meant to do), and disable all skills for 3 seconds. Stun duration is removed.
There, it's no longer a free fan kill but Tracers can't escape.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.