[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite FPS single player campaigns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1465426418635.jpg (107 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465426418635.jpg
107 KB, 500x500
What are your favorite FPS single player campaigns?
>>
Medal of Honor: Underground was amazing, from the dark streets of Nazi occupied Paris to the blistering desert sun. My favorite shooter on the PS1. /v/ will laugh at me, but here are some more.

>Halo 1 and 2
>Call of Duty Black Ops (THE NUMBERS MASON!)
>The entire Brothers In Arms series
>>
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 800x982) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 800x982
>>
>>340581560
>cliffy b thinks this was boring

what a fag
>>
File: 1452272834030.jpg (50 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
1452272834030.jpg
50 KB, 970x545
>Doom
>Duke Nukem 3D
>Half-Life 1 & 2
>Deus Ex
>System Shock 2
>Serious Sam TFE/TSE
>CoD Blops
>Perfect Dark
>TimeSplitters 2 & Future Perfect
>Wolfenstein New Order
>Resistance 3
>>
File: you did good son.jpg (489 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
you did good son.jpg
489 KB, 800x564
>>340581114
Bioshock 2. I am the BEST daddy, motherfuckers.
>>
Hands down Resistance: Fall of Man. Easily my favorite FPS of all time. It goes out of its way to get rid of so many shitty aspects of FPSs. It brings back the weapon wheel, doesn't have regenerating health, and interesting weapons with useful secondary fire, just to name a few.

>inb4 shit taste etc. etc.
>>
Perfect Dark > Half Life 1 > Timesplitters 2 > rest
>>
>>340582841
I mean, I like Fall of Man, but I feel like it was just clunky growing pains and they really came into their own with 3, which has pretty much all of FoM's fundamental mechanics, but also plays better and is much more refined.
>>
>>340584483
3 really falls flat for me because of a couple reasons. Firstly, Joe wasn't a silent protagonist, which was kinda offputting after the near-self-insert of Hale in 1. The level design also wasn't nearly as interesting as in 1. I felt like 1 allowed you to tackle areas in a couple different ways, whereas 3 really wanted you to do the classic chest-high wall FPS thing. The atmosphere also never quite reaches Fall of Man's peaks like Grimsby and Bristol. Not to mention 3 trivialized a couple bosses, most notably the Stalker.
>>
>>340581560
Halo 1 ages horribly as fuck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.