[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no zombie panic: source standalone game >no the hidden:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 620x349
>no zombie panic: source standalone game
>no the hidden: source standalone
>no sourceforts standalone
>no zombie master standalone
>tfw the glory days of sourcemods are long gone
>>
>>340558541
>try to go back to play source mod that I loved that hasn't been updated since source was updated
>Error: could not launch executable
>>
who nmrih here
>>
>someone else has played zombie master

Thought I was the only one.
>>
>>340558541
>playing zombie master
>ZM decides to just spam hulks or banshees.

Fuck, I loved that mod so much.
>>
>>340558541
What does it matter if it is standalone or not? And if you already own HL2, why would you want to pay for a standalone modded version of another game over and over? Are you just pretending to be an oldfag?
>>
>>340561378
spamming banshees was the best strat
>>
>>340561098
>nmrih
Good game. Atmospheric as fuck.
>>
I miss zombie master, what happened to it?
>>
But CONTAGION is a standalone ZPS?
>>
>not empires mod
>>
wasn't a big fan of zombie panic personally but zombie master was great
>>
I like how Obsidian Conflict was a neat hl2 sven coop type thing

Then some of the original devs returned to working on missing information and handed it over to a german guy
things were fine for a while

then the german guy and his "girlfriend" had a lot of drama and his girlfriend turned out to be a weird boy from california. eventually culminating in the german guy deciding he was a girl

now the mod hasn't had an update since and was meant to be on steam years ago.
>>
File: groovy.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
groovy.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>no natural selection: source

I'll never forgive you, Charlie.
>>
>>340563468
>this story

What the fuck?
>>
>>340558541
I wish Valve would release a proper full source 2 sdk rather than just tossing out tidbits periodically
>>
I played quake and goldsrc mods from around age 9 to 15. Then Source mods from 15 to 20 or so. I got to help develop popular mods in each era, thankfully. Real good shit.

I have to say, I think the goldsrc days were more hype because there was wider variety. Mods were less work to make so there were more of them worth playing.

Not to say Source didn't have fucking awesome mods too.

>no NEOTOKYO° standalone game
>>
>>340563962
Why do you think they only toss out tidbits vs releasing the whole thing?
Could they possibly be hiding features they do not want to showcase just yet?
Why wouldn't they want to showcase new features in older titles?
>>
>>340562009
Recently I've seen some HL2 mods available as standalone on moddb. Unless I'm just thinking of Paranoia 2, which runs on goldsource.
>>
>>340564580
because valve are retarded
>>
>>340564704
Is that legitimately your answer?
>>
>>340564580
100% all of my money on Source 2 still being leargly incomplete. Valve pushes out barely functioning chunks of it when necessary. Dota 2 workshop tools were a unusable buggy mess for a long time. I'll bet money their new Destinations shit is buggy as fuck too.
>>
>>340564898
in short, yes

I could spend hours researching, planning and writing out an essay on why valve are handling source 2 rather poorly, but it's summer and it's too warm so I can't really be bothered.
>>
>>340558541
dont you fucking remind me
>>
>>340564580
>>340564907
The same shit happened when they transitioned to Source as well. Barely functional tools with half finished features made working with it a fucking joke. For years, to compile a texture, you had to create a text file full of material instructions, then drag it onto an exe which ran a DOS window before cranking out a file nothing but the engine tools could use. And the engine tools took 8 minutes to start up. And you had to restart and recompile the texture to see changes.

anyway I'm stopping there because I could do this all night and no one wants that
>>
>>340565407
I just want to add that a lot of those mods being praised would have never been made without extremely talented third party guys making tools that improved the Source engine art pipeline.

Valve did fuck all until the workshop started making them so much money.
>>
>>340563120
It's not the same anon
>>
>>340563192
>EMPIRES
>ALL THOSE CUSTOM MAPS
>RAINBOW ROAD
FUCK I MISS THAT GAME
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.