[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every E3 a single tear sheds when no sequel to Dark Dawn is revealed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: latest.jpg (814 KB, 1000x895) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
814 KB, 1000x895
Will another tear be shed next week?
>>
Move on or you'll be crying for the rest of your life.
>>
The most overrated series I can think of.
>>
>>340553841
That game was bad, sold like no copies and had poor critical reception. Why would there be a sequel?
>>
>tfw Dark Dawn felt exactly like the earlier games but people hated it because they were children when they played the originals and thought they were better than they were
>>
File: 1448226314508.png (61 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448226314508.png
61 KB, 250x250
>>340556214
it's funny because it's true
>>
File: 53071_front.jpg (113 KB, 640x911) Image search: [Google]
53071_front.jpg
113 KB, 640x911
>tfw no sequel
>>
>>340556214
I thought people hated Dark Dawn because it has points of no return and wonky graphics.
>>
>>340556214
That's not true at all.

And the game did poorly across all demographics.
>>
>>340556214
People hated dark dawn because the plot changes halfway through, too many points of no return, and
>>
File: GSDD2.png (212 KB, 918x538) Image search: [Google]
GSDD2.png
212 KB, 918x538
>>
>>340556720
the game was too good to get a sequel.
>>
File: 35153183.jpg (292 KB, 450x615) Image search: [Google]
35153183.jpg
292 KB, 450x615
It'll never happen.
>>
>>340554146
Fucking this.
>>
>>340553841
Even as someone who liked one and two - why the fuck would you want another one. Dark Dawn was shit. I don't think they could ever deliver something good again - let alone delivering something that's actually a more refined version of 1 and 2. Golden Sun with combat that actually required all the fucking Djinn class shenanigans? That shit would be great.

>>340556214
>1&2
enter a room with tons of pillars and interactables in it where you need to figure out what to activate at which time.

>Dark Dawn
enter a room with 5 pillars and 5 switches. Each pillar moves only towards one specific switch.
>>
>>340556959
And also how they introduced random stuff for the world out of nowhere, rather than actually dealing with the consequences of giving everyone magic.

"Psynergy holes!"
"Hey, remember the werewolves? Forget those, we have beastmen now. They've been here the whole time."
"Hey, you like the classical Greek thing we have going on? Fuck that, light and dark. Classic elements are stupid."
"You remember that world map? Let's put the Great Wall of Not-China on it. And then introduce some giant tech empire, even though you literally went to the ends of the earth in the last game and didn't see jack shit."
"Wait, did we introduce psynergy holes? Lol oops forgot"

And then they left most of the new stuff to be dealt with in the sequel that never came.

Not to mention how the plot of the game was
"Get me a feather"
20 hours later
"We got that feather! And let loose some random magic bullshit, but Volechek died for our sins so it's okay."
THE END
>>
File: Img_himi.jpg (289 KB, 569x1080) Image search: [Google]
Img_himi.jpg
289 KB, 569x1080
Oh right.

Poor Himi. Being the most bland party member ever(Even for Golden Sun)
>>
Good, Golden Sun is a shit series

One mediocre game and two bad ones does not deserve a fanbase
>>
>>340554146
>Any popular game is overrated xD
*tips fedora*
>>
>>340559071
Golden Sun writers have a lot of problems, but one of the worst is probably that they never manage to make your party interesting. Oh, they all have a decent premise and an approximate personality, but it's not like they'd ever come across as interesting.
I mean GS2 had one guy stem from a lost city of immortal people and another girl literally fell from the moon. Also your team leader seemed hell-bent on blowing up the planet.
And still none of them are particularly interesting.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.