[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rumor: Xbox One, Windows 10, Halo 5, & Minecraft notably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: halo 5.png (858 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
halo 5.png
858 KB, 1024x576
>Besides the technical problems with Windows 10, though, Lionhead’s bigger problem was that for the entirety of Fable Legends’ development cycle, the potential audience for the game was shrinking. Xbox One sales were falling far short of projections. Windows 10 installs, too, were nowhere near what Microsoft had planned. The scale just wasn’t there. And for a free-to-play game, scale is everything.

“Let’s be honest – we make our projections based on a series of assumptions,” reflects a former employee who worked closely with Microsoft. “There are supposed to be 2x as many Xboxes out there as there are right now. There are supposed to be 2x as many Windows 10 installs as there currently are. So now, when we look at how much money Legends could make in the free-to-play universe, you have to halve it. Because we can only reach half the audience that was projected.”

>One source reckons that the final decision was probably made about a week before, as Microsoft started doing its fiscal planning, deciding what products and studios to fund and not. Lionhead was not the only first-party studio that was having problems. Something had to give.

“I reckon [Phil Spencer] feels bad about Lionhead, but I think for him, he has to run all of Microsoft Studios as a business,” they say. “First-party studios isn’t doing so well. Halo 5 is a big miss, versus projections. Minecraft is a big miss, versus projections. Compared to either one of those, Lionhead is practically a rounding error. But I think if your division is under-performing, you have to go to your boss with something on the altar.”

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/06/09/how-fable-legends-took-down-lionhead
>>
It's no rumor that the Xbone failed, it has sold less than half what the PS4 has sold so far) and Halo 5 flopped. It took over 3 months for Halo 5 to reach even 1 million copies sold, and thankfully hasn't gone far past that because it's shit. Compare that to Halo 3 which was the peak of popularity and sold 3 million in the first day alone. Good riddance to the Xbox and MS deserved these failures.
>>
>>340538589
Xbones success or failure can't really be judged just because they undersold compared to Sony though.
>>
Ouch.

Well, at least KI got a good port.
>>
>>340537939
>Minecraft already made its money back
>big miss

what are they expecting?

>>340538589
20 million in counting isn't a failure

not as good as its competitor but not a failure
>>
>>340538716
They undersold compared to their own standards. It is not profitable for them and their competition annihilated them. That's really all that matters.
>>
Am I the only one here that played Fable Legends? Shit was not good, like at all. You cannot blame it being canceled on the App Store, it was squarely Lionshead fault it blew.
>>
>>340538782
So 10 millions consoles more than Wii U?

What a big shocking success.
>>
>>340538861
20 million is a lot better than 10 million
>>
>>340538824
Pretty much everyone stopped caring after 2 or 3.
>>
i like halo 5's multiplayer

it and CSGO are the only fps games i play at the moment
>>
>>340538782
It isn't at 20 million, Gamestop and EA let slip a few weeks back that it's only at between 14-15 million.
>>
>>340538913
Well, that depends on the context

Selling twice as the Wii U isn't really something to brag about.
>>
>>340537939
and so the stain on video games death is in sight.

Good riddance.
>>
THANK YOU BASED KOTAKU

FOR GIVING US THE NEWS

ABOUT BONE BEING A FAILURE

'CAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW
>>
>>340538861

No one is even counting the WiiU anymore.

Even I wrote it off, and I own one of the damn things.
>>
>>340537939
its seriously retarded of them trying to get onto the PC market when there are HUGE companies doing the same like steam, gog, and origins.
they are also alienating their fucking xbox fanbase when almost all of their exclusives are going to PC where those users are going to be able to play multiplayer games for free.
I'm seriously regretting buying a fucking xbone. i gotta feel worse for the ponies that also have to upgrade their shitty underpowered brick.
>>
>>340538925
Yup 3 got lukewarm reactions and Legends was outright bad. You cannot blame that on the App Store.

Sure would I have liked to seen a full blown next gen Fable? Yeah but was Lionhead in 2016 capable of making that game? Esp after all the talent that left? I don't think so
>>
>>340537939
>have literal botnet in your OS kernel

>expect people to use that garbage + win10 issues with older games AND Windows Store with UWP

Go fuck yourself Microsoft, Microshills, and ignorant uneducated win10 users.
>>
>>340539260
What is there to worry about?
>>
>>340539379
Everything
>>
File: 1465240136964.png (156 KB, 631x343) Image search: [Google]
1465240136964.png
156 KB, 631x343
>>340537939
> Microsoft isn't doing well in the game industry right now
In other news water is wet and Idris Elba is Black.
>>
File: mr cheif.jpg (37 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
mr cheif.jpg
37 KB, 504x360
>>340537939
JUST GIVE US HALO 3 YOU STUPID FUCKS.
>>
>>340540749
Let's be real here.
>Halo 3 is finally released for pc
>Windows 10 exclusive
How many of you would even bother playing it?
>>
>>340540990
If it's anything like PC Killer Instinct I think I would be up for it.
I mean a Gateway Laptop could run all Halo games up to 4 with probably no problem, so it would barely phase most PC's in terms of hardware.
>>
>>340537939
good.

axe them all. no wait, better close down another studio that has nothing to do with it! let me see who do we have left...
>>
>>340540749

halo 3 babby detected

take off the fucking nostalgia goggles
>>
File: Sir Mandadad.png (303 KB, 433x461) Image search: [Google]
Sir Mandadad.png
303 KB, 433x461
>>340537939
>Minecraft is a big miss
That's pretty surprising. I thought that MC was a money machine.
>>
All the Rare Franchises they hold the IP rights too alone would be system sellers but they are too stupid to use them
>>
>>340541716
No.

You'd like to see those games, but the average person wouldn't care, even if they were only every system. And in the end you'd just bitch it was Xbone exclusive and not but the system

Just because it doesn't cater to /v/ doesn't mean it's a success or blunder
>>
>>340542291
I should also add this applies to every system, as I've seen it numerous times over the years
>>
>>340541519
They overpaid for it about tenfold so really even in best case scenario it'd be a failure
>>
>>340539040
If everything you owned on Xbone was also free on PC that could work, but right now it only applies for KI
>>
>>340542595
Notch may be a cunt, but I'm happy for 'em if he managed to swindle MS out of billions.
>>
>>340541519
They paid billions for it and the sales are getting lower and lower because fucking everyone has the game already.
Also, wouldn't be surprised if the community started dying in less than 2 years.
>>
>>340542793
>They paid billions for it and the sales are getting lower and lower because fucking everyone has the game already.
>Also, wouldn't be surprised if the community started dying in less than 2 years.

این نیز بگذرد
>>
>>340537939
>Halo 5 undersold
What did you expect? Pulling a Halo 2 & Reach and sidelining Master Chief in a mainline game (and before anyone says anything Reach is a prequel to the main series not really a spinoff). Removing split screen, adding ADS, releasing with barely any content, adding microtransaction, and failing to fix the MCC it was expected to sell less especially with the way MS bombed their reveal.
>>
File: 1298527151028.jpg (25 KB, 627x627) Image search: [Google]
1298527151028.jpg
25 KB, 627x627
>look boss, I posted it again!

Keep up the good work Jerry, we won't let the public forget about our amazing website!
>>
>>340538801
>That's all that matters
Actually what matters is if any console has enough games that you enjoy playing.
Unl3ss you work at sony, sales mean nothing for you as a consumer.
>>
>>340538589
>I love monopolies and hate competition, Sony please ram it up my ass

Can Sonyggers be this deluded?
>>
File: 1314555.png (9 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
1314555.png
9 KB, 500x538
>>340546438
>thinking Sony doesn't have loads of competition
>Sony, a monopolist
L-lol? Nintendo at one point had effective monopoly power (and were total dicks) and Microsoft had monopoly power (and were also dicks), but Sony never has and at this point never will, even if they took the home console market entirely (which they won't), because at this point the home console market itself is dying and facing tremendous competition from both mobile and PC, and that's even before the next wave of unification hits (which in console gen time frames of 5-7 years will be very soon). Sony is financially the weakest of any of the big players in the space, they've got experience, some inhouse tech, brand recognition, and developer connections, but they've had multiple near death experiences already and are having to get out other dying hardware businesses, they have to be terrified about the 10 year outlook.

Seriously, come the fuck on. If this was 1996 (when Sony was busting up the Nintendo monopoly) then sure, it'd be a different discussion. But in 2016? No. At this point the number of players in the home console space is pretty irrelevant, anyone there has got to fight hard just to tread water in the present global market. Particularly now that everything is x86 and more and more devs are releasing on the PC too.

Also
>Sonyggers
I sure hope you've devoted equal rage posting to Nintendo in the handheld space over the years anon.
>>
LOL the source is a salty lionhead faggot looking to spread blame on their own failure.
>>
>>340546438
>Sony has better exclusives, a larger amount of games, and higher quality all around
>waaah why is Sony dominating the market

Nobody said competition is bad either
>>
File: julius.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
julius.webm
1 MB, 450x472
Maybe they could try making products that don't suck.
That seems like a viable business strategy.
>>
I actually ordered hola 5, the absolute madman.

In other news today I'm going to tell you about aspirit, lord of headache, if headache is pursuing you, run away from aspirin, lord of headache. Also I will tell you about antibiotic, lord of infection, if infections pursue you, run away from infection.

Other day I will tell you about Satan, King of hell, if hell is pursuing you about condemnation... accept Satan, say it, save me Satan.

And there is no more unscrupulous "saviour" than can snatch your soul when you finally go to hell to get that demon pussy, sent there by Satan the saviour,
>>
>>340551606

Translation: Jesus is the devil
>>
File: 1263958097426.jpg (12 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
1263958097426.jpg
12 KB, 426x304
>>340550571
Yeah exactly, the whole point of "competition" is that everyone is trying to, you know, WIN. Or it's not a "competition" is it? If one player manages to do a lot better then the others, then they SHOULD reap the rewards of that, that's the basis of the whole system! What, we're supposed to feel sorry for the shitty loser and prop them up just because the other guy will "win too much" otherwise? Why should Sony suffer for learning from their huge blunders with the PS3, actually adapting the company despite having now money spigot like MS did, and putting out something people actually liked?

Fucking stupid.
>>
>>340551606
HAL 9000 PLS GB2/JUPITER AND STAY GO
>>
>>340538960
People keep assuming that 20 million figure means sold through and not just shipped.

If it's truly only at 14-15 millions that's not much better than the Wii U.
>>
>>340544109
Halo 2 still had you play as Chief in 3/4s of the missions though and there were more total missions than in most other Halo games.

Didn't like some of Arbiters missions but I enjoyed seeing and playing the other side of the conflict and I liked him as a character.
>>
File: 1446910609492.jpg (619 KB, 1690x1414) Image search: [Google]
1446910609492.jpg
619 KB, 1690x1414
>>340547359
>Sony never has

PS2 era. When they tried to ban 2D games from being put on their console with arbitrary restrictions, told developers to go fuck themselves and make their own dev tools (Everyone just used Criterion's instead) and bought mountains of exclusivity rights including a billion dollars for all Squaresoft games and $50 million for Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness.

>>340552586

No one likes the PS4. If the xbone didn't exist. It would still be a spectacularly shitty and slow under powered console. People didn't buy it on it's merits (because it has none). They only bought it because that is where the new FIFA and COD was coming out and was the least shit option despite being stinky rancid shit.
>>
>>340537939
When was the last truly legendary game made? Was it Xenoblade? I can't think of any games this gen that will be remembered as stone cold classics.
>>
doesn't surprise me that halo 5 didn't do well.

takes ages to find a game in multiplayer. it's a shame too because it's really fun.
>>
File: 1380557823253.png (110 KB, 362x370) Image search: [Google]
1380557823253.png
110 KB, 362x370
>>340553379
>bought mountains of exclusivity rights including a billion dollars for all Squaresoft games and $50 million for Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness.
Moneybagging is entirely separate from monopoly anon. I do not think you are clear on all the words here.

>>340552586
>No one likes the PS4.
Objectively, tens of millions of people like the PS4. You sound like a typical "my opinion must be shared by everyone" retard.

>It would still be a spectacularly shitty and slow under powered console.
Lol no.

>People didn't buy it on it's merits (because it has none).
They did and it has many, you're just a retard.

>They only bought it because that is where the new FIFA and COD was coming out and was the least shit option despite being stinky rancid shit.
It was a fantastic console that learned heavily from the blunder of the PS3 to its benefit. If things were like you say, people could have just all gone to the PC instead you dumb faggot.
>>
File: 1457870925610.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1457870925610.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>340555519
>Lol no.

Pic related

>They did and it has many, you're just a retard.

Name those Merits, Pajeet.

>It was a fantastic console that learned heavily from the blunder of the PS3 to its benefit.

Microshit and Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot doesn't excuse the PS4 from being a shit console with no games

Name some actual merits for the PS4 and you might get some extra rupees in your PSN account, Pajeet
>>
File: 1282106190517.png (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1282106190517.png
56 KB, 500x500
>>340556054
>I found a horribly written game that performs badly
>This surely doesn't exist on every platform including the PC
>argrimant porven!!
Haha oh wow.

>no strengths XD
>le no gaems maymay
>If you post anything I'll say it's not a game, "that one doesn't count" or "well but it's shit" no matter what
Not today shitposter-kun. I think I'll just enjoy your impotent tears and the best console continues to dominate instead :^)
>>
Remember when they said they were aiming for one billion lifetime sales?
I wonder if it will even reach 100 mil.
>>
>>340537939
>Rumor: Xbox One, Windows 10, Halo 5, & Minecraft notably below expectations

Not a surprise in regards to Halo. They alienated Halo fans. As for Minecraft Notch probably saw the writing on the wall. He sold it at the right time for a ton of money. Good for him.
>>
File: breakingnews.jpg (91 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
breakingnews.jpg
91 KB, 350x400
>Stating the obvious things everyone with half a brain has realized like 6 months ago

I see some things never change
>>
>>340556875
>everyone with half a brain
Right, but now Microsoft Executives realize it too, that IS news.
>>
>>340537939
>Put malware hardcoded in to your OS and force it down people troats
>Wonder why people dont are installing your OS
>>
>>340538801
millions of consoles sold at a faster rate than 360

>annihilated
>>
>>340557206
But W10 has so many advantages anon, like now it's subscription based so you don't have to worry about forgetting to pay MS one year or skipping a version, it's all automated. So convenient!
>>
Recently, I've just been playing Halo 1 anyway, that and fallout 4.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.