[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the SJW really as bad as people say?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 533x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 533x276
Is the SJW really as bad as people say?
>>
>>340533575
The Devs are that way inclined, and they were ham handed enough that you can certainly spot their leanings in game, but the real indictment is that it's just plain mediocre.

As a follow up to BG2, that's an irredeemable sin.
>>
i'm sure there are many moderate people who subscribe to the same ideas as SJWs but aren't borderline extremist-always obnoxious about the subject. Which doesn't really fit the bill. so no.

There are people who support things SJWs also support that aren't bad at all. But SJWs do so by being massive hypocritical cunts.
>>
Anyone know the ETA on the ipad version?
>>
>>340534398
>so no.
Well, the whole "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here´s my life´s story, so call me lazy writing" sure is absolutely someone´s fault who thought that hammering a point home, that is completely non-existent in the world they wrote for, is acceptable. So, depending on who you ask - and a lot of people really just said, that this shit makes no sense and is slightly representative of the overall quality of SoD - it might just be as bad "as people say".
>>
>>340537143
Yeah.

People say it's a minor thing, and it is in the grand scheme of things, but it highlights a problem with the dev mentality.

They didn't care about the setting when they included that character, they just wanted to shoehorn in their own personal issues.
THAT is the major problem.
When a writer shows their hand, everything they do after will, consciously or not, be seen through that lens. They don't think the writer is fully trying to make the best story they can when they know they will compromise it for their own politics.
>>
>>340533575
I just want high fantasy D&D. So fucking tired of these low fantasy max level 12 games. Give me fucking 40+ levels and crazy level 9 spells like in bg2. I want to experiment with different dual and multi classes, get cool +5 gear and skills like thief use everything. Not a +2 generic 2 handed sword with a level 12 paladin.
>>
When it just came out, people said the trannie character was just a shield to deploy against criticism. I remember a lot of people who bought it commented that the campaign itself was pretty weak and short.
>>
File: quality writing.png (293 KB, 808x970) Image search: [Google]
quality writing.png
293 KB, 808x970
>>340533575
Yes.

But even the non-socialjusticeshit was bad. Look at this shit.
>>
File: Mass Fowl.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mass Fowl.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
>>340538584
This.
Low level D&D only works in pnp. It's utter shit for cRPGs where the fun only starts at 10+ or so
Also nobody cares about fighting bears, wolves, bandits, kobolds, goblins and orcs.
>>
>>340539830
>stale stoner jokes
So basically Beamdog is just cashing in on BGII's reputation.
>>
>>340533575
Nope, just /pol/ getting triggered as usual. It was like one character which had some cringe inducing dialogue, but that's about it.
>>
>>340540314
Shamelessly so
>>
>>340533575
Yes. SJWs are very bad and violent little shits.
>>
>>340539830
Got to love beating 50 year old dead horses.
>>
>>340533575
>they removed BG1 and BG2 classic versions from GOG
>now bundled as part of the """"""""""""""enhanced"""""""""""""" editions

wew
>>
>>340533575
Not as bad as phoneposters.
>>
>>340542814
How's it going, /tv/?
>>
>>340533575

SJWs are nothing but shitthatdidnthappen.txt, and fantasy as a genre is ruined by shitthatdidnthappen.txt, so a SJW fantasy genre game is something I won't touch with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>340533575
If it was a good game with some trans characters or whatever I would play it without caring. I don't think that's the case though. If you honestly wouldn't play a good game because of one or two hamfisted sjw npcs in the game then I think you're taking this whole thing way too seriously. Trish and Lady could literally do nothing but talk about killing all men etc and I would still play DMC regularly because the gameplay is great.
>>
File: 1403985208986.jpg (65 KB, 729x694) Image search: [Google]
1403985208986.jpg
65 KB, 729x694
>>340542759
There is no Screaming Frog in the threads of /v/, /pol/, or /r9k/ for this treachery.
>>
>>340538584
I think Planescape was the DnD game that did the power climb best. Start off as a level 1, end it as a level 30 god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKZZEPoVb4c

Granted, combat kind of sucked.
>>
>>340533575
Still alive? I though you were dead.
>>
>>340544595
>they are planning a EE version from PST

What characters with 'problematic content' will need to be rewritten?
>>
>>340545149
I thought they'd said explicitly they are not planning to do PST
>>
>>340535761
Already out.
>>
>>340545149
Pretty much anything involving prostitutes and everything involving Morte.
>>
>>340545149
I'll be fucking pissed if they dare touch the brothel
>>
>>340534398
It is indeed frustrating to technically be on the same side of the political spectrum as SJWs even if you hate them and disagree with them.
>>
>>340545149
What can change the gender of a man?

Updated my Privilege.
>>
>>340545592
A couple of times they were vague and act like is not possible not right now but in the future... maybe.
>>
Game isn't shit because of the SJW bullshit. That stuff can be overlooked if the game is good. It's bad because of the nonsensical plot, horrible quest design, bad world, and shit mechanical changes. It's a videogame meant for people who don't play videogames.
>>
>>340546719
>What can change the gender of a man?
"Nothing. He'll always be a Y-chromosomed shitlord, and he probably only transitioned to infiltrate the world of women and get the benefits of being female."

"Benefits of being female? I thought women were all oppressed?"

"QUIET, YOU FUCKING MISOGYNIST!"
>>
>>340542759

I seeded the gog versions of BG 1 and 2 for a whole month when they pulled that shit. I still try to hook as many people up with them as possible.
>>
>>340546719
Many wizard spells, some of which are actually permanent.
Or even some magical gear like the classic and cursed belt you see in BG1.
>>
>>340547828
>expecting them to know the lore of BG
>>
>>340545149
>Spell Trigger is infinitely castable by all classes
>>
>>340548096
>Requires an extra turn to cast it so everyone gets a warning beforehand
>>
How is your current playthrough going?
I just realised how utterly class cannon kensais are. -1 AC but hits for 60+ on a critical. Put Improved Haste on a dual-wielding kensai and you have a literal blade dance.
>>
>>340548681
>dual-class into a mage
>tfw can solo entire game alone
>>
>>340549102
Soloing is not really fun to do.
>>
>>340549210
I never did, but as a kensage, you're pretty fucking terrifying.
>>
>>340542759
I still remember the times when Fallout 1/2 were free on GOG.

What went wrong?
>>
>>340549761
B Companies.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.