[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that are the black sheep of their series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: latest.png (846 KB, 674x859) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
846 KB, 674x859
ITT: Games that are the black sheep of their series.
>>
More like series that should have ended at the first game
>>
>>340528708
Because it has the best story,characters and gameplay?
>>
File: 31519_front[1].jpg (97 KB, 640x917) Image search: [Google]
31519_front[1].jpg
97 KB, 640x917
>>
File: 19900_front[1].jpg (64 KB, 500x696) Image search: [Google]
19900_front[1].jpg
64 KB, 500x696
>>
>>340528708
>not on PC

hmmm, coincidence?
>>
>>340529442

...But the second game is literally better in every way?
>>
>>340530401
>atlus is still using the 3D models from this game
>>
>>340528708
Nothing is wrong with this game though, its just in a different style.
Black sheep would imply its an awful game like Devil May Cry 2.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
does anyone even play this anymore after SotFS was released?
>>
>>340528708
But UDG is good and no one hates the game itself.
>>
File: bof5-cover-us[1].jpg (89 KB, 640x902) Image search: [Google]
bof5-cover-us[1].jpg
89 KB, 640x902
>>
>>340528708
literally best game in the series

best gameplay
best waifus
best fucked up shit Gentle{/spoiler]
best shock value
>>
>>340532907
I feel like it's something I'll play again in like 10 years so I keep it close.
>>
>>340530708
Because it came out last?

It probably will be soon on Steam. Spike Chunsoft seem to be interested in PC market, judging by their release of new One Way Heroics.
>>
File: mm8.jpg (19 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
mm8.jpg
19 KB, 227x222
>this game
>ugh
>>
>>340528708
I still don't understand why they made this game.
>>
>>340534010
Shut your whore mouth, Mega Man 8 might not be as fantastic as the rest of the franchise, it was still a good game.

People like to bitch about the horrible voice acting for Mega Man and Dr Light, but the guy they cast to play Dr Wily was so awesome that he made up for it.

I DIDN'T THINK YOU'D MAKE IT THIS FAR, MEGA MAN! BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME... TO DEAL WITH YOU! SAY GOOD NIGHT!
>>
>>340534514
To explore the world devastated by the Malefaction.
>>
>>340534838
Voice acting isn't the only problem with it, and out of all the mega man games, it definitely sticks out for its poor design.

The first fortress boss, after completing another godawful snowboard section, forces to use one weapon against it. That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the Mega Ball's awkward aiming and the fact that the boss can be HIT with other weapons, but they don't do shit.
Oh yeah, those fucking snowboard sections. Just... I don't have to explain those.

Now look, not everything about it is bad. It's one of the few non 8-bit Mega Man classic games (thanks capcom...), the robot masters are memorable, and some of the weapons are pretty unique. Basically, I don't think it's all that great, but at the very least, it's definitely different than the rest
>>
>>340533628
>All of the children, in one form or another, are abuse victims
>Monaca, who suffered the least, shits all over their issues and fucks with them

I love how despicable Monaca is
>>
>>340533628
>best gameplay
I can't believe they shipped this game with how abysmally it plays and how unintuitive the puzzle rooms are.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.