[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could growth in China save traditional videogames?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: variety-warcraft.png (610 KB, 927x958) Image search: [Google]
variety-warcraft.png
610 KB, 927x958
Could growth in China save traditional videogames?
>>
>>340519138
Maybe, considering they have non casual taste.
>>
File: 1464998224319.jpg (74 KB, 830x1024) Image search: [Google]
1464998224319.jpg
74 KB, 830x1024
Growth in China, you say?
>>
>>340519298
Do NOT make me buy that game
>>
File: 1464921690512.png (405 KB, 600x821) Image search: [Google]
1464921690512.png
405 KB, 600x821
>>340519383
I'm sorry.
>>
if you read poetry at all, you find people who differ greatly on the design. chinese poets are my favorite, they'll pick a topic and illuminate it with such directness. take The Gift for example, the audience knows what he's talking about, the metal spike in his hand, but the kindred spirit is expressed so clearly and told so well that the entire thing just falls right into place. you just don't get that with these Spanish writers today. they're all about the scenery and the setting.
>>
>>340519298

Words cannot describe how much I want to impregnate Mei.
>>
Thats a big NO op.
China's taste in videogames is FAR worse then the west and Japan.
They're a bit like the Koreans, they love "F2P" and grind.
WoW's pricing model is totally different in China, its more like a pay as you play game, and is largely just played in cyber cafes and is payed on a daily or weekly bases, but it is super cheap. Blizzard may only get ~$3-5 a month per Chinese player.
>>
>>340519952
Only because the market isn't fully open and they haven't yet got the money to buy consoles or good PCs. Give it a few years.
>>
>>340519952
There's a shitload of Chinese. You think movie tickets cost the same in China as in the west? Fuck no, but there's so many of them that they can have a movie open at $46m on a fucking weekday.
>>
File: CHINA.jpg (316 KB, 1000x523) Image search: [Google]
CHINA.jpg
316 KB, 1000x523
>>
>>340520038
Dude. No.
Think of kids today and how they grew up with videogames. All they know is F2P trash, phone games, and DLC ridden console games.

With the market being opened up in China and the huge current influence from cell phones and F2P games on PCs. This is all they know. Sure there are going to be kids that had bootleg NES and Genesis shit but that was SUPER expensive for Chinese families in the 80s and eirly 90s. More all of China's gaming culture is just phones and F2P, and its all most have ever known.
>>
>>340520157
Dude, I wasn't even talking about the movie. Where did you get that?
I'm talking about gaming culture and perception in China and how their not going to be the savior of traditional gaming, in fact they as of a large market as they are will accelerate the deterioration of it.
>>
>>340519383
It worked for me, and I have a toaster for a PC.
>>
>>340520661
I didn't say you were. I was just pointing out that you can make a shitload of money because there's a ton of them, even if you make less money per-person, using the film as an example of it.
>>
File: 1453139070554.png (6 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1453139070554.png
6 KB, 400x400
>>340520321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs
>>
File: TR8yGZg.jpg (138 KB, 1669x833) Image search: [Google]
TR8yGZg.jpg
138 KB, 1669x833
>>340519138
Yep. Have you even seen their games? Final combat was amazing, but check out League of Titans!
>>
>>340521818
I liked it that the Bastion ripoff in LoT was basically just 1:1 of the real version.
>>
>>340519138
So is this like the new Transformers?
>>
>>340520725
My PC is broken, I have my laptop and a ps4 but I really shouldn't buy this game
>>
File: nLTRNha.jpg (142 KB, 1731x888) Image search: [Google]
nLTRNha.jpg
142 KB, 1731x888
>>340521910
... ripoff? Wha?
>>
>>340519138
>$46 USD million dollars

Is that a lot?
>>
>>340522091
Depends how you look at it. A mid-tier blockbuster would do that in the US.

But consider that this is, essentially, *extra* revenue that they weren't getting before. In that context, it is a lot.
>>
>>340519138
let me tell you that the last mmorpg that actually gave me feelings of an immersive world with secrets to explore and player driven politics was a Chinese mmorpg

Age of Wushu

it was completely fucked over by p2w, sadly
>>
>>340521996
Why hasn't Blizzard sue the asses off this I have no idea?
>>
File: aTnaBX2.png (432 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
aTnaBX2.png
432 KB, 640x480
>>340522526
You cannot win a court case in China if you aren't based in China. If it was made it China, that's the original.
>>
>>340522372
>China releasing the box office money to the creators
lol
>>
>>340522526
>China
>Suing

Also, last thing absolutely any western publisher would want to do is piss off the Chinese. They are willing to literally sell parts of their company just to get the chance to publish something there.

~2 billion chinks are worth more than you think in their eyes
>>
>>340522091
Not really. They only get a percentage of foreign market profit regardless. They make much more from domestic numbers.
>>
>>340522806
This is what I was thinking. What obligations do the Chinese have to give the money they make to the movie creators?
>>
>>340520157
They cost the same, usually more actually. Clearly you don't know China.
>>
Man, the Chinese will watch anything.
>>
>>340522806
Nah, they do. The production company, Legendary, is owned by China. All Chinese films also have local partners. The Western companies only get 25% of the revenue, though, but I believe that excludes prints and advertising which are handled locally.

If Warcraft makes $400m China and does okay elsewhere, they will make a nice profit.
>>
Catering to Chinese could actually bring some quality games back to life due to Chinese censorship

>Slandering any religion, Islam, Christianity and etc, will be banned due to blasphemy
>Homosexuality and other degenerate acts like drug use are banned due to degrading the Chinese culture

These are good things. No more SJW and DUDE WEED LMAO audiences in video games.
>>
>>340523073
>Chinese will watch anything

They don't watch movies with black leads.

Hollywood is dependent on the Chinese market that they have to remove black people from main leads and minimize their roles into nothingness.

Chinks also despise female leads and have no respect for feminist ideals.

Only movies Chinks want to see is a movie with a white man lead like Mark Wahlberg or Matt Damon.
>>
>>340524730
They hate pudgy chicks, too. Amusingly, the Chinese Blizzdrones got angry following Mei's reveal, since the only Chinese rep in the game looked to them as being "just a fat white woman".

Did the Pandaren go down well in China?
>>
>>340519138
This fails to mention that it was $46 million in Chinese money. It was only about 13 million US
>>
Why hasn't The Chinese doing their own video games?

The Chinese could easily hire Western developers and make video games to appeal their audiences.

Just look what they did with Huawei. It's rivaling against Samsung Smartphones and supposedly is "Chinese". It was made by former non-Chinese smartphone engineers.

They have the money and the courage.
>>
人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system
胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 反共 法輪功 北京之春 激流中國 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨
獨裁 專制 壓制 侵略 掠奪 破壞 屠殺 民族淨化 内臟器官 蛇頭 遊進 走私 六合彩 賭博 色情
中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 東突厥斯坦 East Turkistan
>>
>>340525326
they'd need to hire a completely western team to make video games as the chinese have no creativity and no quality control, I doubt people would want to work there as well
>>
>>340525326
China hasn't had an original idea since making those big rice farms 2000 years ago
>>
>>340525518
What is the story behind this copypasta?
>>
>>340525518
>traditional mandarin
desu baka f.a.m
>>
六四天安門事件・天安門大屠殺
Red China army killed great number of Chinese democratization's people in Tienanmen Square in 1989 Jun .
Their China military's tanks killed many democratic citizen .
>>
I've seen a video of a chinese dude doing a presentation on business model in china

It was fucking disgusting and if the west ever gets to that point, I will simply stop playing games.
>>
>>340525538
I worked in China for about a year
The safety and conditions in Shanghai are much better than those in New York
I can walk at 2 am without worrying about a nigger jumping me
>>
>>340525589
>invent gunpowder and paper money, and build a giant fuckoff wall

I think all the creativity went into those.
>>
>>340525796
Right. Anyone got the webm of the Chinese woman falling to her death because an escalator collapsed under her?
>>
>>340525898
>invent gunpowder

The Europeans, mostly Spain, were the first to use the gunpowder properly. The reason was because Spain was at constant war against rivaling European nations and Moors.
>>
>>340526004
Right. anyone have that report of niggers viciously killing people in a hi-fi store like the animals they are
>>
>>340526071
>The Europeans, mostly Spain, were the first to use the gunpowder properly. The reason was because Spain was at constant war against rivaling European nations and Moors.

And that matters how to the fact of who invented it?
>>
>>340526004
You have a less chance of getting killed by an escalator than getting mugged/shot in the US dumbo
>>
>>340526205
My point is that the Chinese invented all these things but Europeans actually made some use for it which impacted the world to this day.
>>
六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre
反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward
文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution
人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system
民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行
法輪功 Falun Dafa 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗
胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨
獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 肅清 活摘器官
社會 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩
台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達喇嘛 Dalai Lama
新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 東突厥斯坦 East Turkistan
内蒙古自治區 The Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region 南蒙古 South Mongolia
>>
Sounds fun
>>
>>340526275
>in the US

Well, yeah, escalators are built to safety standards there. But not in China.
>>
File: 141383799091.jpg (68 KB, 610x288) Image search: [Google]
141383799091.jpg
68 KB, 610x288
>>340524962
One of the funniest thing about The Chinese at movies are their movie reviews.

>Insulting SW7 for being a soulless cashgrab and ruthless jokes about Finn
>"Superman is the real man of steel for fucking a hot woman like Lois"
>>
>>340526814
>reading comprehension
>>
>>340519138
As if I needed even more of a reason to feel sorry for the average chinese.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.