[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here Android? I think it's the future. With smartphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (2 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2 KB, 225x225
Who here Android?
I think it's the future.
With smartphones reaching 4 gig ram I think we should begin to see emulation getting better as well as better coding management for new games. After all, Xbox 360 worked with less and kids today are actually playing titles of the past and actually liking them.
>>
Touchscreen will never be good for vidya
>>
>he uses RAM as some kind of performance indicator
That's a phone user alright.
>>
>>340517909
Small screen, crappy controls unless you add clunky peripherals. I'd prefer a dedicated handheld game system than an ngage with more power.
>>
>>340517909
>I think it's the future.
It's really not.
They probably can handle casul game with more crisp graphic and that's it.
Touch control are terrible except when the game are designed around it.
>>
Mobile gaming will never be more than social rpgs with a cash shop, bejeweled clones, and Minecraft Pocket Edition.
>>
>>340520317
>>340518048
>>340518132
>>340518158
>>340518476
smartphone is just an option. there are tablets too.

plus people can just by controllers, buttons, or companies can offer a sony xperia like device for cheap.

also ffxi is coming out. mobile gaming is social at its core.

heres dead space for mobile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZKM3g0Db_I
>>
>>340521157
Would also need a way to stand the device up if you used a controller. Wouldn't be surprised if gaymen 2-in-1 laptops came out, but they would still be shit just like current gaming laptops
>>
>>340521157
The battery life will always hold phones and tablets back from being anything but timewaster machines.
>>
>>340517909
>With smartphones reaching 4 gig ram
nigga the latest iphone has 2gb of ram and it can still match or outclass the latest android phones in terms of performance, you need a better indicator than that.

Why would android be the future for games when nobody fucking pays for shit, it's why the game selection on iOS is better. It's so much harder to pirate on iOS that most people just don't.
>>
>>340521157
>people can just buy
Most of these fail desu senpai.

kinect, vr, motion controls etc.
>>
>>340521157
>smartphone is just an option. there are tablets too.
Smartphone gaming is a thing because it's convenient, you always have a phone with you because of other reasons. Tablets are less convenient, and if you're gonna do tablet gaming you may as well do it on a laptop or something. Surface tablets that just run windows are a thing.

>plus people can just by controllers,
There is not a single external controller that isn't inconvenient to set up and still uses as a phone, and it relies on developer software support which is often not there.

>buttons,
Fuck off, I actually bought one of those stick-one button things. What a piece of shit.

>or companies can offer a sony xperia like device for cheap.
I assume you mean the Xperia Play, which I agree with but the fact that they never made another one and actually killed the PS mobile thing is quite telling. There's lots of independent "emulation machine" things but they all go for the portable console killer without trying to also be a phone which defeats the point of such a device.
>>
you know

if there's anything great about this mobile gaming boom, it's that i don't need a korean SSN to play korean apks

fuck that jazz
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.