[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else miss WW2 shooters? What are the latest WW2 fps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 65488908.jpg (31 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
65488908.jpg
31 KB, 620x350
Anyone else miss WW2 shooters?

What are the latest WW2 fps titles and are they any good?
>>
>>340509216
COD WaW
>>
>>340509216

C'mon Darkest Hour devs with the Day of the Red Shirts update did an awesome job on downgrading their game

Now 29th ID cock gobblers are posting their 1000+ hours wasted in their sorry hole on forums in a form of shilling to praise the two idiots behind the shit that were 7.0 and 6.0 updates
>>
Medal of Honor: Airborne is the last I played. A good game but the gun controls/shooting is kinda shit. Worth playing.
>>
>>340509216

What the fuck are you talking about?

> Any one else miss WW2

You're implying they're gone. They're still there. You can play them. Right now. Go and play them.
>>
It's been kinda long time since everyone was making old war shooters hasn't it?

I was hoping for something like Medal of Honor with modern graphics.
>>
>>340509525
I havent played DH for years, what did they fuck up?
>>
>>340510518
iirc blops2 had a ww2 sequence
>>
project reality ww2 is fucking awesome, too bad it's going to take a while.
>>
Do people still play Resistance and Liberation? I loved that game so much, but it was hard finding a full server when I last played it.
>>
Day of Defeat
>>
I remember everyone was fucking complaining about every game being about WWII and welcoming modern warfare change now suddenly people want it back?
>>
>>340511356
That criken video ruined RnL.
>>
>>340509251
i prefer COD2 over WaW, but nonetheless they're both really awesome and i wish i could go back.
>>
i don't miss them because the best one is still relevant, which is Red Orchestra.
every other WWII shooter is crap, except maybe Battlefield 1942.
>>
>>340511257
You're thinking of the first Black Ops
>>
>>340511642
because modern warfare turned into future warfare, which is a terrible genre that should be eradicated from gaming and never spoken of again.
>>
>>340511645
it's what actually made me try it in the first place, however it's way more fun when people are not trying to be funny and randumb. I assume that video is the reason every 10th person or so was screaming like a retard or was playing the german version of the TMNT song over the mic.
>>
>>340511124

Don't mark my words as 100% accurate cause it's been a good while for me too

With 6.0 they broken the custom maps cause they've changed the spawn system,and added some other shit which partially prevented people for picking 64 players maps while having for example only 10 players on server

They fixed various exploits that were being abused by the allied players against german tanks and if you played on the Good Lamers server you know what I'm talking about,like oneshoting a KT by hitting the fenders or other areas with a fucking 76 round fired frontally

Some idgaf about their vanilla maps fixes

And what not

Notes here

http://darkesthour.darklightgames.com/public-relations/change-logs/v6.0.0.pdf

7.0 again messed up with map system forcing people to fix or rework their maps cause they touched the spawn system once again

Finally enforcing people to pick small maps instead of bigger ones

Only for the allies changed sounds with more accurate CoDish real guns sounds and voices

Removed some idgaf vanilla maps and replaced them with more 29th ID shitty maps

Fucking increased suppression system that now will give you Vietnam era flashbacks and what not to the point that even a .45 round fired from 100 meters will suppress you

Notes here

http://darkesthour.darklightgames.com/public-relations/change-logs/v7.0.0.pdf
>>
>>340511642
Because the gaming industry is like 8 year olds playing Football (or "Soccer"), everyone chases the ball trying to get a goal without actualling thinking about the situation.

In the early 2000s every shooter was WW2, there was a few exceptions (Halo being the most obvious) but COD and Medal of Honour (+ dozens of knock-Offs) were all doing WW2.

Cod4 came along and shook everything up, it was new it was exciting it was hailed as the best thing ever. WaW didn't get the memo and was criticised a bit on release for "going backwards", then MW2 became THE defining game of an entire generations teens and the deed was done. Everyone started making modern era shooters, Nazi's were replaced with politically correct Villians like "Russian extremists" of "Terrorist Cells" made up bullshit that didn't offend any real country.

It slowly got more and more modern until we reached THE FUTURE, adding in robots, jump packs, mech suits, whatever. And that trend is becoming the norm for everything.

Everyone just follows the next big thing until we get bored of it and someone decides to try something new, if it's successful everyone follows and the cycle repeats.

People want WW2 shooters because there hasn't been a AAA (console) shooter set in that period since WaW and people want to see what a modern game with modern tech could do with the setting.

Personally I wish we had more shooters set between WWII and 9/11, Korea, Vietnam, all the smaller Cold War conflicts etc... Black Ops 1 covered it a bit, but there's so much interesting potential that hasn't been tapped.
>>
airborne was pretty damn good ww2 themed games were on the way out by then though
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.