[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder: Pirates buy far more games and software than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: flag.png (21 KB, 600x464) Image search: [Google]
flag.png
21 KB, 600x464
Daily reminder:
Pirates buy far more games and software than non pirates.
Without piracy developers have no reason to create games good enough that people feel compelled to buy them
Piracy creates positive word of mouth, increasing sales in a way regular marketing can't.
Only mediocre / outright bad games use draconic anti-piracy systems like StarForce or Denuvo
>>
File: HEY_FUCK_YOU.webm (591 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
HEY_FUCK_YOU.webm
591 KB, 640x640
No shit. Nobody believes me when I say I'll buy it if I like it but its true.
>>
so your saying the New Doom game is bad? and you think anyone should take you seriously?

and non pirates do not buy more. if they did they wouldn't be called pirates, dumbass. and yeah, the industry depends on sales and making $$$ just like any other

get over it. pirate all you want, but just recognise you are being a prick when you do it and just want free stuff
>>
ITT: Stretches of Logic that would make even Freud admit he was pulling it out his ass
>>
If you guys buy more than non pirates then why aren't companies catering to you guys?
>>
>>340508132

>Without piracy companies won't be compelled to make games good enough to buy them

You must suffer from down syndrome, how does that make any fucking sense?
>>
>The more I drink, the more my hands shake. The more my hands shake, the more I split out. So, the more I drink, the less I drink!

I really think you guys should accept the fact about who you are, instead of trying to fit some sort of bizzare ideology.
>>
>>340508821

He probably assume that you MUST play video games, completely forgetting that devs make games, software designed solely for providing fun, as a product - their goal is to sell it to you.

If you are not interested, you wont buy it in first place. If you are, but price is too high, you have three options - wait for sale, pirate or dont buy at all, at any point in the future. If first two options would be out - like OP probably assumed - it would be DEVS problem, not YOURS.

And yet OP thinks that it would be consumer problem instead.
>>
>>340508132
I pirated Dragon Age Inquisition. I've never played a Dragon Age game before and all I knew about it was that DAO was alright, DA2 was dogshit and Cisquisition gets shitposted about up and down this place because of how garbage it is.

I actually want to buy it now that I got a risk-free trial of what it's like. I've had this experience repeated for a lot of games big and small, I'm super hesitant but then I pirate it and like it enough to wanna buy it.

I'm not gonna buy the new Doom. I didn't pirate it, I borrowed it from a friend and played as much as I wanted that way. Who's the real cause of lost sales here?
>>
>>340510036
So regarding DA:I, you pirated it, enjoyed it, and then considered buying it right ?

How does that help companies though ? All you have done is used their service without paying for it, but saying it's good enough that would actually buy it if you didn't pirate it ?
>>
>>340510553
The only reason I haven't bought it now is I'm deciding which version to get (Regular/digital deluxe/GOTY all DLC etc) and which platform to get it for.

I'm not really trying to make a big statement, just my personal experience. Had I not been able to pirate it, I would've never considered even touching DAI or any Dragon Age game because I've never played it and don't feel confident enough to buy into it with no prior knowledge.

But because I pirated it and got a risk-free taste of what it's like, I like it and I'm gonna buy it. Pirated versions don't have all the updates/DLC/multiplayer components and I decided I like what I played enough that I want to get it.
>>
>>340508132
Basically this. Every time piracy threatens this industry its forced to actually evolve and make great games. Without it, publishers just make cancerous decisions because, "what are they gonna do about it?"
>>
>>340508428
Taste in games has nothing to do with whether someone is or isn't filesharing games. The argument isn't even relevant.
>>
>>340508873
You not agreeing with it has nothing to do with whether it's true or false. You just refuse to accept the logic, hence believe it to be bullshit. The logic is there though.
>>
>Don't mind me, i'm just pirating these groceries! Whoa there calm down buddy I'll come back and buy them if i like them, but If i don't like them i'll just keep them! No no, you won't lose sales because i wasn't going to buy them in the first place! Don't you know pirates like me buy far more groceries than non pirates?

hahaha holy fuck this is what piratefags ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>340512016
did he copy those groceries?
this is important
>>
>>340512094
no he pirated them
>>
>>340512016
Well that doesn't really apply since pirating is taking a copy or something, while the original is still there.

Your analogy doesn't really apply since you're taking something and not leaving them with the original
>>
>>340512094
>>340512241
Yeah he copied them, point still stands.
>>
>>340512329
>Yeah he copied them
So that makes him literally Jesus.
Are talking shit about Jesus, you piece of filth?
>>
>>340512329
How does one copy food
>>
>>340508132
Make excuses all you want, it's not going to change anything. Anti-piracy measures are going to become more and more common and no one is gonna give a shit about you not being able to play games.
>>
>Pirates buy more than non pirates!
>N-no I don't have any actual proof, it's my word that matters!
I pirate movies, shows, and music often, and I never go back and buy any of it after. Why would I? I already have it
>>
>>340508132
I'm honestly certain that Let's Players are far more hazardous than hacking or piracy. With the latter you need some google-fu and know how to follow guides while hordes of kiddies jump into YouTube and can find Markiplier or Jack Septic Eye playing the latest games for them. What's worse is when games with a narrative focus are LPed like ttg or RPGs because plot is a major part of them and if you can consume the plot on YouTube for free then why buy it?
>>
>>340508132
Daily reminder that cancerous business models like CS, LoL and all the early access flavor of the month exist because that's the best way to make a profit on PC because piracy is so rampant.
>>
>A BARELY ENGLISH SPEAKING NIGGER ON REDDIT IS CRACKING DOOM RIGHT NOW
How does it feel buyfags?
>>
>>340512564
They cloned a sheep ages ago.
>>
>>340513151
That costs way fucking more than just letting two sheep fug
>>
File: 1456227379936.png (477 KB, 500x962) Image search: [Google]
1456227379936.png
477 KB, 500x962
>Pirate Skullgirls
>Game is actually fun
>Buy it

PIRATES ARE THE CANCER THAT'S KILLING GAYMING INDUSTRY
>>
>>340508237
I'll never believe you or anyone else who says they'll buy it if they like it
>>
>>340512901
somewhat agree
>>
File: pcmasterrace.jpg (39 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
pcmasterrace.jpg
39 KB, 411x411
>>340508132
Daily reminder that the Golden Age of Piracy is over for good
>>
>>340513408
Want some XD with that (You) ?
>>
>>340513703
what?
>>
>>340513703
Sure faggot
>>
>>340513969
>>340513881

b8'ed hard LUL ;)
>>
>>340514128
ooOOoooh excellent bait sir, I tip my hat to you

I'd upvote twice if I could xD
>>
>>340514441
nice delayed trips
>>
>>340508132
What a load of shit. If I can pirate it, I won't buy it.
>>
>>340514828
check out my 6
>>
File: post stroke expression.jpg (6 KB, 145x132) Image search: [Google]
post stroke expression.jpg
6 KB, 145x132
>>340508132
post yfw MKDEV cracks denuvo
>>
>>340508132
Stop trying to defend piracy.

Do it all you want. I don't give a shit- I do it too, but it's still illegal.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.