[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>LOL WE KILLED BATMAN'S OLD GIRLFRIEND I BET YOU CARE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: talia arkham city.jpg (81 KB, 496x606) Image search: [Google]
talia arkham city.jpg
81 KB, 496x606
>LOL WE KILLED BATMAN'S OLD GIRLFRIEND I BET YOU CARE A LOT!

Uh, no, I don't. Batman and Talia barely had any chemistry or screen time together

Why are video game writers so bad at making you care about characters?
>>
Because Arkham City and the rest of the games in general are written in a way that assumes you already have an understanding of who these characters are
>>
Arkham City was a fucking mess.
I still can't believe people praise the story when it's the equivalent of a fanfiction writer throwing in everything to please everyone.
>>
Talia was such a shit character. I was so happy when Joker killed her.
>>
>>340507210
So it's badly written

Gotchya
>>
>>340507275
But that wasn't even the main problem, the main issue arkham city has is the design of the game, open world was a mistake
>>
>>340507387
The open world in Arkham City is fine you retard. The map is comparatively small compared to other games. The real problem with the open world is that the side quests fucking suck.

Arkham City has a ton of issues, and the open world isn't one of them.

Why are anti-open world hipsters such bandwagon jumpers?
>>
>>340507387
Arkham City isn't even open world. It's fucking small.
>>
>>340507345
No, it's just not for pissant comic book casuals such as yourself.
>>
>>340507275
I doubt many people praise "Story". Storytelling maybe.
Same with all Rocksteady Batman games, stories are nothing to write home about, but the way they present them is much more interesting.
>>
>>340507332
Talia has always been a shit character, not only in the game.
>>
>>340507146
The game assumes you know who Talia is and what her history with Batman is.Google how does it work.
>>
>>340507515
I like when I finished the game there was like 3 sidequests I hadn't even started how the fuck was I suppose to figure out where Azazel was, and how was I supposed to find the Hush bodies with no indicator just check every alley? And even once I finished those I don't even think I was at 50% completion because of the retarded amounts of Riddler Trophies they put in the game
>>
>>340507715
Azrael and Hush side quests were so fucking bad.

Oh and that part where you lock Bane in with that flimsy looking gate lmao
>>
>>340507705
That being said,i never really cared for Talia.
>>
>>340507587
Writer(s)
Paul Dini
Paul Crocker
Sefton Hill

It's actually for BTAS fans, not comic fans.
>>
>>340507715
Game starts telling you where bonus missions are located after some point, just listen to "radio broadcasts"

Fuck Riddler though. And fuck your true ending, I'm not going to collect all these trophies
>>
The more I look back, the only significant improvements Arkham City had over Arkham Asylum was the core combat and boss fights. Those are not easily glanced over mind you, but overall I think Asylum overall is the better game for being a more concise and focused in it's story, level design, and pacing.
>>
>>340507210
Talia is a bitch even in the comics,she's only tolerable when drawn by Guillem March
>>
I didn't know shit about the Batman lore except for the Penguin and Joker and Ivy (didn't even know who Harley Quinn was) and i thought the Arkham games did a good job of getting you interested in the story without overbearing you with exposition. If you're familiar with the lore, it only enhances the experience, but it's not a requirement, imo
>>
I've yet to play Arkham Knight, but from what I know about it's story I don't care about being spoiled anymore. Is there any hint or implication in that game that Ra's and/or Talia were both eventually dipped into Lazarus Pits again, or did both of them really die so anticlimactically in Arkham City the ways they each did respectively?

Also, is it really true that there is no payoff to the Azreal and Hush storylines from AC in that game? I mean, I always saw those sidequests as being some of the most blatant sequel baiting I've ever seen in a video game, but both of them ended up being no shows in AK?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.