[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your expectations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: nier-automata.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nier-automata.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
What are your expectations?
>>
a good soundtrack
>>
>>340491857
thats hope
>>
>the song that plays during that giant Boar shade

God damn, man. That hit hard.
>>
>>340491812
As much creativity as the first game, with less of a boring-ass battle system.

This seems like a game Platinum would put more effort into than, say, activision licensed garbage.

I don't expect it to be better than 1 in the story department, but at least 80% as good.
>>
The Wretched Automatons remix or worst Taro game.
>>
Comfy
>>
Good combat, a good soundtrack and some good faps.
>>
i tried playing drakenguard so i could get into this series but it seems really repetitive and shallow
>>
decent gameplay and cut corners everywhere
>>
Hopefully a big RPG with lots of fetchquests and not a totally immersive story
Basically Elder Scrolls: Nier
>>
>>340491812
I expect it will be a game.

Nier is one of my favorite video game stories. D3 felt meh to me. Nier has one of my favorite video game soundtracks. D3 felt meh to me. Nier felt like a decent use of my time with how fishing, quests, and combat was done unless you get the platinum trophy, which I did. D3 felt way too repetitive and segmented. Gameplay is being done by a company that feels like its been teetering down the middle on quality. Nothing has felt horrible from them that I've played, yet nothing feels outstanding either.

In no category can I say I have a reason to believe the game will turn out good or bad. There is no consistent track record for me to make a judgement with.

Still hope it turns out to be a Nier 2 in quality, and not just in name.
>>
>>340492220
Welcome to Drakengard.

Really, though, the first game is pretty torturous. Some might say that's part of the experience, but if it's not for you, then it's not for you. I really enjoyed the fucked up story, personally, despite the cruddy gameplay.
>>
>>340492681
well i generally like musou games but the combat is pretty tedious and unsatisfying

so maybe i'll just watch a lets play of it

i hear nier is based on the 5th ending of the first game so i reckon i wont have to worry about drakenguard 2?
>>
Dropped cool and original character design for THAT?
I have no expectations
>>
>>340493106
Drakengard 2 wasn't written by Taro anyway, so it's pretty common to simply disregard it altogether. I really enjoy every other game, though. Especially Nier. What a cool game.
>>
>>340491812
Suffering
>>
>>340493220
Everyone that could have been in the sequel either lost their memory or their head.
>>
PC?
>>
>10:00AM to 11:00AM – NieR: Automata Discussion with Developers and Platinum Games’ Takahisa Taura

Hopefully we get something new next Thursday.
>>
>>340491812
Qt android with a feminine penis
>>
>>340491812
-Less creativity or meaningful themes than the previous title
-melodramatic music and shoehorned plot
-overall disappointment for those expecting Nier 2
+Improved graphics & battle system

Everything sort of clicked with Nier, and I don't think they'll be able to improve upon or replicate the experience I had.
>>340492220
Yeah, that's Drakengard.
>>
>>340494183
>feminine penis
Why do people still try to say this? Society has accepted gays for awhile now, so its safe for you to come out of the closet.
>>
>>340491812
I'm hoping that we'll see more of fetching quests, horrible minigames, text adventures, and multiple endings.

>>340493637
It's possible, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Don't get your hopes up, though.
>>
Its just going to be a Taro game.

>>340493106
>so maybe i'll just watch a lets play of it
dont do this, just play Nier if you want to play Nier, but I highly recommend NOT spoiling the experience of Drakengard 1, its a special thing in itself.
>>
SOME GOOD ASS MUSIC AND ATMOSPHERE

I hope theres a Devola bar tier comfort somewhere in the game
>>
Didn't play the first game, but I expect a 5-hour unpolished turd since it's made by Platinum.

Fuck Platinum and its fanbase.
>>
>>340495095
Why? Do you expect us to take your opinion at face value, anon?
>>
>>340495287
I guess so. I haven't enjoyed a Platinum game since Okami.
>>
>>340495602
Oh, alright. I enjoyed Okami too.
>>
>>340495095
You misunderstand.
Platinum is helping with the battle system but that's it.
>>
>>340491812
I want this more than I've ever wanted a game before
>>
>>340494776
cant i just watch the cutscenes?
>>
>>340491812
After Kora, Transformers, and TMNT? A mediocre followup to one of my favorite games.
>>
>All these people acting like Platinum is going to ruin Nier which already had notoriously bland gameplay

Wew.
>>
>>340491812
Hopefully it's good, but the footage they've shown so far doesn't look challenging at all. I don't expect it to be dark souls but it'll be boring if it's just a cakewalk.
>>
>>340491812
delayed to 2017
>>
>>340496495
currently playing through Nier right now and it's so quick and easy you really won't waste any time with it
>>
>>340497290
what's the point of playing it then?
>>
>>340496495
Lol no, most of the story is in the actual game. Cutscenes are more like highlights.

>>340497361
I would ignore that guy and just play the game. Always the best policy in games you're unfamiliar with.
>>
Literally nothing. I'm keeping them as low as possible so I can be surprised.

I'm hoping we'll get some more footage at E3.
>>
>>340497560
>>340497361
I didn't mean "waste time" in a bad way, it's a quick fun game that's worth getting all of the endings for
>>
>>340497190
Why would you expect it to be Dark Souls, dummy? Play more games.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.