[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so this is a thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1465442126028.jpg (38 KB, 614x615) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465442126028.jpg
38 KB, 614x615
so this is a thing
>>
So what?
>>
>>340482669
Randy please, we're trying to have a discussion here.
>>
Is it even the game itself that sets the time played? I thought the steam client did it by looking when a game was started/exited and adding the time diff to the total.
>>
When a game doesn't close properly Steam will continue to think you're still playing it despite it not actively running on your PC (Just as a background process)

Happened to me in SFV
>>
Actually sometimes Steam keeps recording your playtime if your game doesn't close properly.

I have something like 120 hours in Dragon Age when I should have closer to 30 because of this.
>>
>>340482669
>So what?
Go back to embezzling publisher's money, Randy
>>
>>340482565
it's probably just a shitty game and doesn't close properly
>>
Don't get me wrong, I fucking hate Gearbox, but steam doesn't always record game times accurately.

I didn't notice that I was still "playing" Ys Origin according to steam, and now I have like 200+ hours in it.
>>
>>340482872
>>340482797
>>340483072

>Implying gearbox didn't deliberated fucked with the game so it doesn't close properly
>>
>>340482565
thats exactly what happened to Luftrauser...fuckers
>>
This happened to a friend with Duskers. If you think Gearbox can control something like that you're a fool.
>>
>>340483114
A few lines of code added last minute as a "fuck you!" to OW's beta.
>>
>>340483474
you're the fool if you think they can't, and also a fool to dismiss it's happened to everyone who owns the game
>>
I don't understand why you guys most constantly crappost Battleborn
>>
>>340482706
Discussing what exactly
>>
>>340483474
>>340483712
>>340483114

It's just a bug, you fucking morons. The process probably doesn't terminate.

All that Steam does is update the hours played when the child process (the game, which it forkexec'd when starting it) terminates. If it doesn't terminate properly remains in the process table, you'll have this happen.
>>
>buying from Randy "Jew Dandy SnakeoilShekelskein

Serves them well.
>>
>>340485081
then what about the computer being off? how is the process running then?
>>
>>340482669
So they can't refund it when they find out it's shit. They were dumb for thinking it would be good, sure, but this is pretty shieshty.
>>
>>340486256

I don't trust it. Either someone has been playing it on his account, or he's lying about that part.
>>
>>340482565
>let's discuss a game nobody bought

Fuck off 2bh.
>>
>>340487162
Frig off, Randy.
>>
>>340482565
This is a lie.

I don't get the whole shit posts against Battleborn.
I have fun with the game, I like the humor and the art style. Hadn't such fun with a game in a long time.
>>
>>340482565
>FB_IMG
Go kill yourself.
>>
>>340489230
t. gearbox employee

Only a retard or an employee would enjoy the hunour
>>
>>340482565
It's not Gearboxes fault, I've had this happen to me all the time playing Borderlands with friends
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.