[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: steam.png (46 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
46 KB, 1024x1024
what went wrong?
>>
It became laggy, unresponsive bloatware.
>>
Mobile Greenlight games
>>
shit sales, steam cards, facebook integration, green light. It's gotten so much worse the past few years I don't know how it can recover. If it weren't for most people having too much of a library on it I feel like they'd have abandoned it.
>>
You can't migrate your shit off it once purchased. I'd be way happier using it if steam didn't need to be running for me to play most of the games I've 'bought' on it.

Also it has a pretty significant monopoly on the platform now. A bunch of new PC releases are exclusively on steam, they don't even release physical media any more.

I hope if STEAM ever sells off or shits the bed or whatever they'll release some patch that makes it so you can still play all the games you've purchased, but who am I kidding.
>>
>>340466649

Greed and laziness
>>
Source 2 never happened
>>
Reminded GoG stands for ZoG
>>
nothing
savior of pc gaming
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kawaiianimeshoujo
add me up losers
>>
Let's see

No paid online

Can buy new releases at 35-40 bucks since steam allows keys to be sold to the gray market

Can refund games after trying them for less 2 hours

Literally nothing went wrong
>>
nothing really, I just want a nice summer sale
>inb4 slippery slope fallacies
>>
>>340466720
>>became
>>hasn't always been
>>
>>340468616
Go fuck yourself loser
>>
>>340466720
Works on machine. ;)
>>
File: 1461359382486.jpg (145 KB, 1199x1042) Image search: [Google]
1461359382486.jpg
145 KB, 1199x1042
Killed gifting/trading with region locks
>>
>>340469446
add them up loser
>>
>>340466649
>There's no way to filter out games by tag, like all the rpgmaker shit they have now.
>You can't block out/disable curators completely
Other than that it's fine
>>
File: 1461377434035.jpg (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461377434035.jpg
128 KB, 500x500
>>340469685
>thumbnail looks like the she's looking to the side
>open image
>suddenly draenei is giving seductive look
>>
Not a whole lot. For someone that has more or less monopolized the PC market, they haven't really abused that position too much.

They're really being negligent about it though. It's not bad but it could be better, and beyond the bare minimum bugfixes and fucking VR shit, they aren't putting a whole lot of effort into improving it, stuff like:
>holding devs accountable for Early Access titles. Yes sometimes they really do need years to finish the game due to team size and whatnot, but on many EA titles the devs just drop off the radar. In that case there has to be some way for someone to alert Valve that someone is selling a product that is a). not finish, and b). probably not ever going to be finished, on their platform

>some way to tell you how well a given game would run on your hardware. Surely there is some sort of way they could implement an FPS counter, aggregate data and tell you "people with hardware similar to you ran the game at 56.7 av. FPS" or whatever

>the mobile confirmation shit. Yes I get that complete fucking idiots get scammed/hacked even with the dozen or so safeguards they put in place but there has to be a better way than making me confirm each and ever $0.10 card I want to sell

>a way to filter out games in a search
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.