[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing pick related and this is the first time I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: uncharted-collection-1.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-collection-1.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
I'm playing pick related and this is the first time I'm playing an Uncharted game. My question is how on earth did this series ever get off? The platforming feels floaty and the gunplay is clunky and unsatisfying. It does get better in the sequels, right?
Also,
>played 2 hours
>30% campaign progress
holy shit. I feel bad for the people who paid full price for these games.
>>
>>340460849
Pretty much everyone agrees that 1 is the worst.
>>
>>340460849
>I feel bad for the people who paid full price for these games
I bought the PS2 double pack for $18, and still felt ripped off.

The worst is the areas where you are surrounded, yet in an open space without any form of cover.
>>
>>340461526
Glad to hear that. In this case the shortness of the game seems to be a blessing.
>>
Yeah, the gunplay in 1 is horrendous. That and melee get better with each game though, dont worry.
>>
I dunno if the game even really gets better. I'm near the end of the second game and while the story is okay the game thinks it's challenging to spam enemies, rockets and grenades. I feel frustrated and can't be arsed to even play desu senpaitachi
>>
>>340460849
Each game is around 12 hours I think, or maybe I spent too much time exploring all the areas.
2 is one of the best games evar.
>>
>>340460849
1 isn't very good.
>>
1,imo, is the shortest, most forgettable, most boring, and worst in terms of game play. For asuch ad people shit on 3, 1 is the weakest in the series.
>>
>>340463529
>>340463198
>>340463086
>>340462778
>>340461526
this

2 is the best of the Uncharted games, and it's a huge improvement from the first one. In other words, don't worry, it gets good. 2 is a huge step up, and 3 will probably disappoint you after playing 2 because it just feels like it's trying to re-create the magic of 2.

To answer your question about the series' takeoff, I think it was just the hype from getting an actually-good Indiana Jones: The Video Game back when 1 was released in 2007 when the "treasure hunter" concept hadn't really been mainstream for a few years so it seemed unique and original at the time.
>>
Honestly I don't know how Uncharted 1 even got a sequel because of how meh it was. But since it was a launch title I assume it sold a lot (because it was the only game PS3 had at the moment).
>>
>>340460849
>I'm playing pick related
>pick

Opinion invalidated.
>>
oh look, it's this thread again.
>>
>>340466180
>oh look, it's a videogames thread again
We certainly can't have that. There's not even any shitposting or console wars going on. Nobody has even been called a cuck. What a shit thread indeed
>>
4 = 2 > 3 > poo > 1
>>
>>340465248

I read it as 'prick'
>>
>>340460849
>Be that one playable shooter game on console
>Spawn decade old franchise
Even a dying franchise like CoD1-2 could thrive if they can make a bearable playing experience on console.

Although only CoD1 and MW1 were any good.
>>
>>340460849
The PS3 had no other games, so everyone praised this as an amazing series
>>
>>340464713
Yeah I wanted to get this trilogy pack because I wanted to have some dumb AAA fun with a cool story, but the gameplay is just really bland. I'll probably get by the first game because Drake seems to be a fine character and it's on the short side, but I'm glad to know that the series gets better later on.
>>
File: 1461430728305.jpg (124 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1461430728305.jpg
124 KB, 920x900
>>340460849
Sonyggers will eat any pig slop that Sony shits out.
>>
>>340460849
Try to keep in mind that Drake's Fortune is almost ten years old. Among Thieves is a really good game. It improves on everything, but if you like the characters and are invested in them Drake's Deception takes a greasy dump on the series. A Thief's End fixes all the shit that Decption fucked, but that is for another thread.
>>
>clunky
Literally a buzzword. Elaborate or GTFO
>>
>>340466848
Amost right.
4>2>1>poo>3
>>
1 is meh. 2 is literally most improved sequel to a game ever, without revamping too much. 3 is meh. 4 is a mixed bag but pretty stellar.

Series as a whole is great for the action. It's encompassed best in 2, aside from the lame stealth portion early on.
>>
File: A Scanner Drakely.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
A Scanner Drakely.webm
1 MB, 800x450
>>340467574
>>340466848
>4>2
Y'all niggas are retarded the other anon is less retarded because 1 is indeed a better game than 3, especially if you're playing the Drake collection
>>
>>340461526
1 is actually my favorite, it feels the most Indiana Jonesey of the bunch.
>>
>>340467974
So, you're saying 2>4>1>poo>3?

Because that would make you my nigga.
>>
File: 1444701562114.jpg (118 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
1444701562114.jpg
118 KB, 584x622
>>340467974

>that filename
>>
>>340460849
Just got it too because of ps store sale. Just started the third one and I am pretty entertained even though the gameplay is generic as hell
>>
>>340468323
I guess we're niggas now.
>>
>>340464713
what other "treasure hunter" games have there been since? Other than Tomb Raider reboot
>>
>>340460849
Uncharted 1 is the most cartoony and least serious of the four main ones, despite looking pretty good
Mechanics are weird, animations don't always work together and some of them are overly cartoony, aiming is clunky and enemies take forever to die
Crushing takes two bullets to die and it's a huge pain in the ass
2 has the best pacing and graphics of the game, with the best gameplay
It still holds up, I'd say that 2 and 4 are equals when it comes to fun but 2 is more absurd
3 has wrong pacing and the first chapters are a bit of a pain in the ass because they're slow and very narrative
The animations look fantastic and the melee system is the best of the series
It looks very good but it looks bad in some spots like chapter 2
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.