[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>keep hearing about fire emblem >decide to try the new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16
File: fuck.png (731 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
731 KB, 800x480
>keep hearing about fire emblem
>decide to try the new game
>casual hard because I'm not a pussy
>tfw I hit a block less than halfway through the game

How did you guys to chapter 10? I've been stuck on it for like a week.
>>
We swallowed our pride and changed it to normal
>>
>>340455001
>casual
>not a pussy
>>
Hey I haven't played that game because that series is shit but I'm going to guess you didn't feed every kill to the few characters who are actually useful and can solo the whole game just like every other Fire Emblem
>>
File: 1416275690971.png (27 KB, 1344x524) Image search: [Google]
1416275690971.png
27 KB, 1344x524
>>340455247
Came here to post this.
>>
File: shit.jpg (16 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
16 KB, 325x325
>>340455001
>casual
>still cant beat 10
>>
>>340455247
>>340455494
>>340455001
Sorry, meant classic!!!

I've completed this map with unit deaths but don't want to lose anyone, which is why I'm stuck on it.

>>340455348
My stats:

Corrin, lv 13
Odin, lv 8
Nyx, lv 9
Effie, lv 11
Arthur, lv 9
Silas, lv 10
Azura, lv 3
Elise, lv 9
Felicia, lv 7

Been trying to share xp because I know it's limited in this game. Azura just joined though.
>>
>>340455651
Just a heads up for later that it's not always a good idea to spread exp between every unit you get. Classic Fire Emblem on higher difficulties usually benefits focusing on a group of characters. Trying different characters in future playthroughs is part of the replay value really.
>>
File: 1380753906875.jpg (16 KB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
1380753906875.jpg
16 KB, 234x216
>>340455001
>casual
>>
Send 1-2 units to the left to take care of the axemen coming up and to visit the house. Send someone to the right who can deal with the archers (Effie with a javelin or another ranged spear could do it, might want to give her a healing item).
I use Avatar to block the chokepoint to the right of the Ballista to deal with the axemen. The ninja/spearman group on the left is tougher to deal with. I'd use Niles at the Balista to chip away at them and Nyx/Odin at the magic turret if you're using them.

In my experience, Corrin gets wrecked by Oboro so try not to enter her range until you can get Camilla over there (and you will want to so you can get to the house if that's something you care about).

Make sure you're checking enemy ranges (outlined in purple) and highlighting dangerous enemies so they show up as red. Azura and Elise are extremely helpful, but you have to be careful not to put them in danger.

Remember that Takumi lowers the water level halfway during the map, allowing enemies more entryways to get onto the main platform.

Is there anything specifically that gets you? Any particular mistake you keep making? Remember that you can cook meals and buy tonics in your mycastle for helpful stat boosts.
>>
>>340455651
So you're on Nohr Chapter 10? Don't worry, it's tough for everyone. I'd recommend going back down to Normal and using Camilla if you need to. They give you her for a reason.
>no Mozu so you can easily kill the pegs
Hell, I'd recommend to just restart the game on Classic Normal. Normal is Hard for new players.
>>
>>340455001
Make Mozu an archer so she can deal with some with the other ballista

Make Camilla imediately go to the house on the right, pick up the reward and bait Oboro to kill her so you don't have to deal with her when she starts moving

the last 2 turns just fall back and defend, don't go on the offensive

Be extra careful of the oni fighters from the right at the last few turns

If you are feeling saucy then kill Takumi before he nukes the water so it is easier to defend, probably with a paired up Effie with Camilla for more defense and mobility
>>
>>340456060
Yeah I've been conscious of that but I'm not sure which characters are better in late game. Been playing this blind. Also for this map, it feels like I'm already stretched with the number of units I have. Everyone has something to do and I can't spare any units.

>>340456254
Thanks for the tips.

I've been sending Niles to the east ballista to weaken the archers, with Silas to defend him when they get in range.

Nyx goes to the fire orb and I use her to weaken the enemy units on the west. Odin goes in to finish them off and doesn't do much until turn 7.

Corrin and Felicia go to the south east choke point to deal with the axe units. I use Felicia to heal Corrin and he survives easily.

I pair Arthur with Effie and send her to the south west to destroy the wall and take out the units there. She's strong against them and I use Felicia to heal her.

When Camilla arrives I send her to the south east portion of the map to deal with Oboro and the misc enemies, using Azura to boost her at the start of the turn. Bekura goes to get Niles when the first wave of archers from the north east are dealt with and I leave Silas to choke with Elise nearby to heal him. Beruke takes Niles to the south ballista to weaken the spawning pegasus knights.

Takumi's dragon vein on turn 7 is what gets me. I feel like I need stronger support for Odin because loads of enemies spawn. I've tried sending Camilla over to the west portion, but then the east side is overrun by pegasus knights.

I've been trying to save my money (got the 10,000g from chapter 8 though), so I've spent some of it on healing and freeze staves and a javelin for Effie. I didn't know Elise could equip a javelin so I'll buy one for her. I'll try some of your tactics though, thanks.

>>340456872
I didn't rescue Mozu in the paralogue. Wish I did now.

I've tried going for Takumi with Camilla, but obviously he can one hit KO her with his bow. It also leaves a lot of pegasus knights swarming from the south.
>>
>>340456501
I did consider going to normal, but I love the sense of satisfaction with beating the maps. Chapter 8 was the hardest before this but was worth it at the end. I'm not that interested in the story so I don't mind spending time on it.
>>
File: 1463894587439 (1).png (81 KB, 215x170) Image search: [Google]
1463894587439 (1).png
81 KB, 215x170
>>340457307
>I didn't rescue Mozu in the paralogue
You fucking dumbass
restart the game and try again

>I've tried going for Takumi with Camilla
dumbass
>>
>>340455154
>changing the game to normal for Chapter 10

git gud faggot
>>
>>340457639
I didn't forsee she'd be important. Would recruiting her from a castle battle be the same?

I used Camilla because she can get there early and survive any hits on the way.
>>
Get the DLC, grind your units, use the ballista and the fire orb, pair up the avatar with Felica/Gunter.

Basically GIT GUD
>>
>>340457841
Mozu as an archer is a monster and you need her even if you have to restart from the split

That is why you pair up Camilla with Effie or somone with high defense and attack, to carry them all the way there and then switch places
>>
File: dude.jpg (881 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
881 KB, 5000x5000
>>340457307
You're only on chapter 10. Restart at branch of fate, get Mozu, and turn her into an archer. Bow users and the archer class in particular are great, and Mozu actually gets strength unlike Niles, who is your only other decent bow user.

>>340457841
No because that's just a copy. She can't get her supports or anything.
>>
>>340458024
>Get the DLC, grind your units
>GIT GUD
Paying to grind is not getting good, you assburglar
>>
>>340458024
This mostly. Camilla and Effie in particular are the juggernauts of the level. Camilla one-shots the Pegasus Knights Pair Beruka up with Silas or Selenato defend the west side, Effie with a Javelin to defend the east side, and the rest of your party to hold up the front wall with the ballista. Niles is very useful in the level as well.
>>
>>340457307
>Yeah I've been conscious of that but I'm not sure which characters are better in late game.
Everyone is usable, just use your favorites as deployment space becomes limited later on.
>Also for this map, it feels like I'm already stretched with the number of units I have.
That's the intent. You gotta bring out everything for Chapter 10. It's a wake-up slap to the face.
>I didn't know Elise could equip a javelin so I'll buy one for her
She can't, Elise is for healing only. Also, money will only help you so much with this chapter, but remember that you can buy tonics to round out the weaknesses of your units.
>I didn't rescue Mozu in the paralogue. Wish I did now.
Your first mistake. Mozu is unit with a weak start, but her growths are incredible so she helps a lot with endgame. Next time: Buy a Heart Seal from the Staff Shop and a Bronze Bow from the weapon shop, do her Paralogue after Chapter 8, recruit her, give her the Heart Seal to change her to an Archer, give her the Bronze Bow, and feed her the rest of the kills in the chapter. Then, after going through Chapter 9, she'll be a great help in Chapter 10.
>>340457509
>I did consider going to normal, but I love the sense of satisfaction with beating the maps
I can respect that. But I recommended normal because, as your confusion about things show, Hard can be challenging even for veteran FE players. But keep going, I believe in you.
>>340457841
>Would recruiting her from a castle battle be the same?
Don't be a fucking casual shit.
>>
>>340458198
Had considered taking Effie, but that leaves the south west portion open. Will try again with Beruka and Arthur choking the south west.

>>340458643
Shit, looks like I'll have to restart from the branch then. Still going to try and beat this chapter with what I have though. Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>340458024
Which DLC is for grinding?
>>
>>340459269
Boo Camp, but it sucks.
>>
File: 1464376544564.jpg (107 KB, 777x546) Image search: [Google]
1464376544564.jpg
107 KB, 777x546
>>
File: 43tqd.png (340 KB, 987x315) Image search: [Google]
43tqd.png
340 KB, 987x315
Here's how I did it on Hard. You only need to defend the green area, so feel free to pull back once Takumi does his thing and congregate your forces in the centre.

>>340459269
Boo Camp. It's funnily enough kind of worthless for grinding because the enemies attack and scale to your progress.
>>
>>340459269
Boo Camp. It's great, but it is probably a bit more tedious than FE Awakening grind DLC.

You definitely have to nurture your characters carefully when playing. Say Corrin and 1 or 2 more people become a lot stronger, and then you want to raise some kids levels. Or someone elses levels: the enemies will level to the strongest people, and your new people will do 5hp damage and be in danger of being one shotted.

I mean, it definitely helps, and the DLC is good across all your games, but it takes time. It is however an excellent way of doing character breeding between stories.
>>
>>340456872
Mozu is an amazing archer. Wow. I got her to the master class and corrin, carmilla, mozu, effie, and beruka were just killing everyone.
>>
>>340460409
Just realized I fucked up the labelling. You want Azura with Niles for ballista reuse and Corrin with Haitaka for Swap and Rally shenanigans.
>>
>>340456060
Which is really unfortunate, since it basically means you can't get all the kids, let alone use them (without using cheat DLC maps). At least Revelations allows you do grind out the Nohrian kids.
>>
>tfw I bought FE but didn't start it until this week because of muh backlog
>"lol zomg neeerds!' college peers got game on release and talked big shit over played Conquest on Classic
>"Fuck them, if they can beat it it must be easy shit"
>start game, get to chapter 4
>this game is going to be a joke if the tutorial is this long
>get my shit kicked in by Faceless
>regret.jpg
>power through, get Mozu and beat chapter 7
>on chapter 8, funneling enemies through choke points on bottom-left part of the map
>still fucking up

If it weren't for my pride I'd just put it on Normal. But since I am autistic and want to rub it in the faces of some irrelevant shitters I'll keep going.
>>
>>340461529
I personally like it. A system where you shouldn't try to get literally everything in a single playthrough not just gives replay value but is also what sets Fire Emblem apart from other SRPGs, but I guess we can't have that in today's industry.
>>
>>340461934
Well buckle down because it is not gonna get any easier, the chapters with Takumi were the ones where I was the most asspained all year. I'm not good at all at tactical rpgs so hardmode conquest was kicking my ass all the way until the end.
>>
>>340461934
Chapter 10 is the hardest so once you get past that it gets more manageable
>>
File: 1465095310834.jpg (27 KB, 485x519) Image search: [Google]
1465095310834.jpg
27 KB, 485x519
>>340462818
>10
>hardest

I hope you like the Ninja rape cave.
>>
>>340463325
I knew someone was going to reply with that and the ninja rape cave is probably the most overrated chapter in FE history
I seriously had no trouble with it and did it on my second try. the first time I failed because I fucked myself with the dragon veins and the second time I didn't bother with the dragon veins and suddenly the chapter was cake
>>
>>340463703
Ninja cave was annoying, but not the brick wall people make it out to be. Fox Forest and Windy Village on the other hand...
>>
>>340455001
Downloaded the Special Edition on my CFW, with undub and decensor this game is phenomenal. Playing through the Hoshido route first on Hard and so far it actually seems decently challenging. I can only imagine how hard Nohr will be.

Is Revelations even harder?
>>
File: 1460472315121.png (57 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1460472315121.png
57 KB, 256x256
>>340464693
>>340463703
Map difficulty is honestly subjective depending on how your units have developed. The ninja cave took me the better part of two days, but I cleared Kitsune Village and Fuga's Wild Ride first try.

>Revelations
>hard
>Hoshido
>challenging at all
>>
>>340466064
Goddamit, I can't believe my Femui gave birth to that haircut.
>>
File: MHRocky-Believe in Yourself.webm (3 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
MHRocky-Believe in Yourself.webm
3 MB, 400x240
>>340455001

Guy, I wrote a damned sun festival award winning story on Chapter 10.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/73517562

It boiled down to

> Camilla gets Hand Axe from Arthur, pairs up with him AND KILLS EVERYTHING on the left side

I was stuck on this for weeks, but the moment I realized that Camilla needs to kill someone every phase, and kill everyone in her range every enemy phase, the battle went from impossible to do able.

Also, having chatted with other guys on this, if you wanted to take down Takumi before he uses the DV, either, like another anon said, pair her up with Effie and ferry Effie to kill him (I couldn't do this because she was holding the fort on the right side), or make sure Camilla's pair up guard is on max so she can guarantee a block from Takumi when she's in range.

Godspeed fellow strategist.
>>
>>340465526
>Is Revelations even harder?
Don't bu-
>Downloaded the Special Edition on my CFW
It's tedious and poorly balanced. Both Nohr and Hoshido are better. It's hard in the since that most units require loads of grinding to catch up, but really easy in the sense that MU and the broken royals can solo it even more so than Hoshido. If you play it, be ready for some dumb maps and a shitty story.
>>
>>340461934
>>340462592
>>340462818
The game just becomes trial-and-error tedium so fast. But holy fuck if I don't get asspained when I see that fucking screen on difficulty saying Normal is for new players. I've played three games prior to this and I refuse to let some sweaty normie faggots who post more memes about FE than actual content and supported Nintendo removing the petting show me up.

What should I do /v/? Continue Conquest on Hard like a man and hate the game, or play it on Normal like a chump but enjoy it?

How long is the game? I work and go to college so free time is scarce for me and I want to finish as many games as possible
>>
> casual hard because I'm not a pussy
>casual

No excuse anon you can literally save scum your way to victory with that mode.
>>
File: 1436176515145.jpg (42 KB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
1436176515145.jpg
42 KB, 400x316
What are the best classes for the player character? I already figure that swordmaster is objectively the best, but what are some others?
Ike's class maybe?
>>
>>340468718
I was the same at first but after the chapter where elise gets sick I really started enjoying it
I'd say that you should continue on hard, by then you get more units, items, promotions etc to make it more fair and fun. in the beginning it does seem like they are tying your arm behind your back but it gets better
You can always get a skill for a shit unit that needs it online too
>>
>>340463703
It's more annoying with frustrating. Having your tank get nicked once and end up with 7 defense isn't fun for anyone.
Not to mention the rest of Conquest plays like this from then onward.
>>
>>340469175
Paladin or Master Ninja.
>>
>>340455001
> I've been stuck on it for like a week.
Man, you're gonna LOVE the Ninja Rape Cave and Fuga's Wild Ride.
>>
>>340469581
>with
I meant than, dammit.
>>
>chapter 10
>hard
I never understood this meme
>>
File: bcith.png (10 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
bcith.png
10 KB, 250x391
>he fell for the post-FE12 meme
>>
>save scumming because a unit died

OP will fit right in with FE babbies.

Babbies second srpg series.
>>
>>340471803
>FE only got bad after 12 memer
>he fell for the post-FE5 meme
>>
File: disgust.jpg (17 KB, 256x287) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
17 KB, 256x287
>>340472331

>Implying FE9 isn't the overall best game in the series
>>
File: 1363667501408.png (170 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1363667501408.png
170 KB, 300x400
>>340472493
>any game with subhumans in it
>good
>>
>>340472935
Soren, go drink Ike's cum. You're not yourself when you're hungry.
>>
>>340472493
Oh man, an Easymode Ike memer at that.
>>
File: hitting it off.png (44 KB, 493x448) Image search: [Google]
hitting it off.png
44 KB, 493x448
>>340473409

>implying FE5&4 aren't my second and third favourite in the series

9 is still a little bit better overall.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.