[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel the gaming community has changed in the past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: APMjF.jpg (88 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
APMjF.jpg
88 KB, 800x600
How do you feel the gaming community has changed in the past 10-15 years?
>>
>>340453468
for the better
>>
For worse
>>
>>340453468
I think the community has become a lot more toxic, actually. I don't know what the catalyst was, but it seems like it's much more elitist.
>>
Yes, it has become even more mass market in the last decade such that publishers are now in a position to make games that take zero risks creatively or mechanically and still make piles of money. There are a few good indie games coming out here and there (I loved the shit out of Factorio, for example), but they're also few and far between in a scene where trans-abled demikin lesbian walking simulators with pixel art get multiple GOTY awards.
>>
>>340454051
This
>>
>>340453756
The elitists were always there, they just were the only ones playing.
>>
>>340453468
I miss the age when LAN was king. I still go to Dreamhack every now and again but it's just not the same.
>>
Better games, worse people.
>>
>>340454168
God bless them.

They warned of casuals, what they would do to gaming.
>>
Man I miss CRTs. I'm gonna be sad when mine die.
>>
I think it's because there's a bigger audience and also the audience has become 10x more demanding because the bar has been raised
also god forbid you play games for fun
>>
Casuals permeate it now.

I want to go back.
>>
>>340453756
wikipedia...n inflated egos
>>
File: 1462645398119.png (361 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1462645398119.png
361 KB, 600x404
>>340453468

Picked up too many shitty hipsters. It will work itself out of over time though.

On the bright side, I've detached myself from the gamer "community" and just play the shit I like.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.