[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WE DID IT REDDIT >Last Friday, Blizzard hosted the Nosta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17
File: nostalrius[1].jpg (274 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
nostalrius[1].jpg
274 KB, 800x600
WE DID IT REDDIT

>Last Friday, Blizzard hosted the Nostalrius core team members at their campus in Irvine - California in order to discuss about the petition, the legacy community & realms for World of Warcraft. This all happened because of your engagement through the petition (it did matter whatever some people may think) and the fact that we worked hard for years for you, the community, and not for any financial reward. We wanted to share with you our feedback regarding this meeting.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44218&sid=22750d9b11f9ab5bb126067aa65e9add

WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>340446812
GOUD

maybe they will shut the fuck up now
>>
tl;dr
>no legacy servers

get fucked nostalgiafags
>>
I don't understand why people are against legacy servers. Don't like it? Don't play it
>>
>WE DID IT REDDIT
Fuck off.
>>
>>340447820

Don't forget to buy Legion(tm)
>>
Why the fuck did they wait so long to tell us nothing happened....
>>
>>340448990
Because they had to wait until most people lost interest so that there isn't a massive public outcry. Public negotiations 101, Blizzard did it exactly by the book.
>>
>>340449114
Most of the Nostcucks have probably committed honorable Toyota by now anyways.
>>
>yfw blizzard hires them
>>
>>340449315
Approximately 1000 went to L4G TBC server. It's a laggy fucking mess though. Not really worth it.
>>
>>340447820
damn nostalcucks got BTFO hard

>pirate a paid game and then cry about it online

how pathetic
>>
APOLOGIZE BLIZZKEKS!!!!
IT"S NOT FUCKING FAIR!
>>
>>340450084
>IT"S
kys
>>
File: 1457672110992.png (413 KB, 580x541) Image search: [Google]
1457672110992.png
413 KB, 580x541
>>340447820
Sounds like they probably gave them a tour of blizzard and they got some free hats and t-shirts.
>>
>>340447820
>thinking legacy servers would be announced after that meeting

>>340448497
Welcome newfag.
>>
>>340450243
They are probably under NDA to not spill the actual beans of what happened.
Aka Blizzard showed their massive legal Orc cock and told them they would be financially sodomized like a female Draenei if they didn't follow their orders.
>>
>>340446812
Wouldn't be surprised if there's a NDA in place
>>
Neat.

Won't happen but at least they're throwing the dog a bone before they take it out back to shoot.
>>
>Nostcuks actually thought Blizzard would ever release legacy servers.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 102x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 102x191
Some of you Nostalrius guys are alright, don't go to Blizzcon this year fàm.
>>
>>340451034

5 HOURS

TECHINICAL DIFFICULTIES

WANT LEGACY

F I V E HOURS
I
V
E
>>
File: 1457420420904.jpg (80 KB, 464x447) Image search: [Google]
1457420420904.jpg
80 KB, 464x447
Looks like they got so distracted by feelings of SENPAI NOTICED ME that they didn't realize they were told a whole lot of nothing.
>>
>>340446812
Wow, it really is fucking nothing.
>>
>>340451571

That actually happened to a guy's business I know about.
They were drafting a contract with some CEO and they were so taken aback by his charisma and personality they forgot to put some clauses into a contract and he ended up losing all his money.
>>
>>340449315
Most of them have probably just moved on to different servers. There's literally dozens of them.
>>
I'm not exactly sure what people were expecting. Were you expecting them to just come out and say "hey, those nostalrius guys really opened our eyes. we will be releasing legacy servers right away"?
>>
>Expecting legacy servers with Legion 2 months away.
Blizzard isn't letting anyone off the Legion train just yet
>>
Is the hate a coordinated thing or are you guys just whining gaylords?
Viewing this as anything but a positive possibility for future legacy servers is moronic. This is the first time they've said they are into it and figuring out the technical issues that would need resolved. A five hour on a fucking weekend isn't nothing - do you neets think Morhaime chills at the office on Sunday normally instead of banging hookers? You don't cut into hooker time unless it's a worthwhile reason.
Anyone with common sense knew this meeting wasn't going to result in a yes or no immediately. That's not how this shit works. The fact that they are even discussing it, much less meeting pirate server devs in person, is a big deal.
Similarly, no one with a brain would expect any announcement prior to Legion as they want all the Legion hype they can get (and they need it). If I were betting, I'd gamble on them making an announcement at Blizzcon and Legacy service of some sort to be up and running next year - that's enough time for Legion launch hype to die down and around the time non-neets start unsubbing.

Compared to "you think you want it but you don't", this shit is huge. It's certainly not for sure but it's looking more likely everyday.
>>
>>340454334

tl;dr
>>
When it comes down to it people still wouldn't play official legacy servers unless they were free, and they wouldn't be, you'd still need to sub

Maybe the guys who host private servers are keen on vanilla and expansions, but the bulk of the players are there because it's free, whether they're piratefags or kiddies who lost access to mommy's credit card
>>
>>340454334
They got the handful of people at blizzard that actually cares about legacy wow and put them then in a room with the nostfags for a few hours so that they can geek out together. That's all that happened here. Nothing more.

All the blizzard employees at the meeting were probably promptly put through the firing line
>>
>>340452586
Some people were dumb enough to think so, yes. Mostly the same people that are convinced its as easy as flipping a switch.
>>
>>340454334
I hope you aren't serious because this is the last you will ever hear from Blizzard concerning legacy servers. This was just a pr stunt to shut up people who got mad at shutting down the private server. Absolutely nothing will come from this and nothing will follow. You are delusional if you think anything else.
>>
Show's there is some interest, guess we will have to wait til blizzcon
>>
>>340454556
[Citation needed]
>>
>>340455317
I just don't understand what the fuck the Nost team is thinking all the way through. Why are there no leaks anymore :(
>>
>>340454334
Because anyone who pays attention to how corporations do stuff know how it's going to play out.
>Blizzard takes down popular private server
>People get up in arms about vanilla
>Blizzard doesn't want the bad press since they had a new game coming out
>They agree to hold a meeting with them to placate the people complaining
>Nothing really happens
>Most of the people who were complaining about Vanilla servers forget or move on
>>
>>340454917

That's the dumbest thing I read on /v/ all week.
>>
>>340454917

You are possibly retarded.

Seek help
>>
Forum is down, did they posted something that shouldn't be posted?
>>
File: nostal.jpg (270 KB, 800x1038) Image search: [Google]
nostal.jpg
270 KB, 800x1038
What made Vanilla so good that everyone wants to play it again?
>>
Most likely blizz offered the nost crew a job. Whether it was for legacy or server architecture.
>>
Not entirely related, but has anyone here played on Uthgard, the private Dark Age of Camelot server?
I've read that people like it, but I never played original daoc - tho i've been following camelot unchained development off and on.
Not sure why I never tried it when it was at it's peak other than I'm a fat faggot. Curious what you guys think of it since at least on the surface that sort of game/server seems like something you guys would be into.
>>
>>340446812

I still don't get why it's so hard for Blizzard to do it when half a dozen random french dorks made it happen.
>>
>>340458512
The same thing that made old 4chan so "good": the community and a level of patience for lack of a better word that was not to such a degree to keep people from joining but still enough to keep normies out
>>
>>340451390
I want vanilla WoW but with all of the improvements made since then and none of the bad parts!
>>
>>340460009

This.

I just want the return of downranking and the ability to "outplay" a person who is either a few levels above you or really geared.

Some of my fondest PvP memories are just getting jumped by retards who thought the level/gear advantage would yield a free kill. These days it absolutely does give them kill and it is infuriating.
>>
>>340459454
They don't want to. To go back to Vanilla would be saying that the game wasn't improving, and that they wasted 10 years making the game worse. It would murder their ego.

Very few software developers are willing to "go backwards" even if going backwards is a step forwards.
>>
File: autist.jpg (206 KB, 850x734) Image search: [Google]
autist.jpg
206 KB, 850x734
>>340458512
Most prominently, the game forced players together through adversity. Many quests while leveling up encouraged you to get together with others to do them, like that fucking pirate boat outside Booty Bay.

I really miss that in MMOs now, they all feel like singleplayer games, especially with dungeon finder systems.
>>
>>340458512
I was diabetic back then too
>>
>>340458512
It was an actually an MMO-RPG.
The vast majority of the changes blizzard made to the game have removed all sense of difficulty, adventure, and attachment to ones character. Your choices no longer matter.
Really the MMO industry as a whole is such fucking garbage these days. Look at the Tortanic, designed ground up to be a single player game foremost with most of its budget spent on fucking voice acting.
There is almost nothing in wow that brings players together anymore.

Blizzards idea of content is having tons of different difficulty levels ALA diablo 3. Too bad few people care about them once they have actually seen the content.
>>
>>340447820
>he actually thought they'd confirm or deny legacy servers immediately after the presentation
A retard is you
>>
>>340450630

read the fucking thread you down syndrome retard
>>
>>340460715

I like being able to quest alone, but FUCK lfd/r. THAT is what killed server communities.
>>
File: Z00sUjQ.jpg (42 KB, 555x416) Image search: [Google]
Z00sUjQ.jpg
42 KB, 555x416
>>340446812
sounds like it went pretty well, senpai
>>
>>340446812
And now comes the wait for them to spill some beans or blizzcon/legion. I'll be on a private until they announce what's going on.
>>
Wow is shit idk why I got sucked in but vanilla seems cool I'd play it
>>
http://www.reddit.com/r/Nostalrius/comments/4n7auk/the_post_mortem_for_the_nostalriusblizzard/

How the fuck are there Blizzshill downvoters even on a fucking private server sub?
>>
>>340446812
Something seems off about their post.

I really feel like they got paid some amount of money. Blizz might've well just shot them.
>>
>>340464623
Combination of the fags from the wow subreddit who are really really REALLY anti-legacy servers for [insert dogshit reasons] and the private server subreddit being a cesspool of bitter/angry faglords themselves. Add into that some loosely coordinated mass downvoting from various private servers who have dollars to lose if a blizz vanilla server went up - along with just the general negative nancies that populate both rwow and rwowservers.

I'm not sure if you go to that subreddit often, but it's terrible even by reddit standards. No real redeeming value to it at all and for the most part its shills arguing with each other while shilling/countershilling mixed with 12 year jaded veteran players who hate everything by default since they haven't had fun since AQ gates opened.
>>
They wouldn't be silent if nothing happened. Something is clearly in the works but like everything else business related they can't say anything until it's officially announced.
>>
Dear All,

Please refrain from extreme language or personal attacks (especially against Senior Blizzard Employee's who we hope to have on our side to achieve the end goal).

The community has always been great, don't self sabotage the movement by treating Blizzard as the enemy. They are the solution, we just need to show them that they are.

Thanks, The GM Team.
>>
File: 1443962197268.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1443962197268.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>>340458512

You have to realize that people don't want vanilla servers because vanilla was so perfect. They want them because the current game fucking sucks. That's why nearly anyone you talk to about vanilla servers will say they'd be cool with it going up to Wrath, then stopping, because that was when the game started to turn to shit.

I played through vanilla and the game was objectively more of a pain in the ass than modern WoW, but I'd still go back to it in a heartbeat because back then actually felt like an MMO. You had to group with people to get things done. The game wasn't designed around the lowest common denominator. Your motivation to raid was that you didn't get to see it if you didn't git gud.

Fuck all the casuals that ruined the game. I worked full time, went to school, and still ran my own raiding guild that saw all the content except usually the last boss or two of an expansion. The only thing that ever stopped people from raiding was their own laziness and restructuring the game to cater to those people ruined it. Nobody has a gun to their head forcing them to keep subbing each month.
>>
>Blah Blah Technical Limitations

Bs, if french fries can do it, blizz can too.
>>
File: 1463485357050.png (269 KB, 450x325) Image search: [Google]
1463485357050.png
269 KB, 450x325
>>340458512

Your life was simple back then, all the good memories from "back then" are associated with pleasureable moment, be it games, music or whatever.

Now that you're a virgin faggot loser NEET, vanilla seems to be better as well.
>>
>>340465996
Vanilla WOW's simplicity also made it a better game.

Every time I log into live and see all the shit I have to do before I can actually stary playing the game is retarded.

All the game needs to be is level up and get loot, but somehow they made so much metagame grindy ass bullshit like daily quests and rep grinds or badge grinding that its just utterly unfun and uninteresting as an RPG.
>>
Good, you fags wouldn't support it anyway cause it wouldn't be free most likely
>>
File: 1432087997133.gif (352 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1432087997133.gif
352 KB, 500x300
I'm glad all those NEET faggots got BTFO. Nobody who grew up playing WoW has time for that shit anymore and those that still do should kill themselves.
>>
>and not for any financial reward
They say as they abandoned their servers and instantly begin talks about selling the code instead of standing their higher legal ground like they promised they would in the beginning.

Funny how the server stayed up until it started to eclipse Legion, despite every other private server blizzard knows it can get too being taken down in weeks.
>>
TLDR; they want it to happen but it will take a lot of development time and technical hurdles to make it a reality (thus why they can't give a definitive answer)
>>
What I don't get about legacy servers is how are they sustainable? Eventually you run out of content and things to do. MMOs need to keep delivering new stuff to thrive, don't they? How long will people stick with the same old content?
>>
File: EQ.jpg (328 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
EQ.jpg
328 KB, 1600x1200
Why not play Everquest?
>>
>>340466663

I came back when WoD was on sale and was amazed at what a joke the game is now. Took me maybe 2 days to hit 100 and another night, literally one night, of doing battlegrounds to have a full set of the best gear. Then the only other thing to do was that new zone which was just grinding the same 3 daily quests for gear that was equivalent to what I already had from the night of battlegrounds. I did raid finder to see the previous raids that were made irrelevant from the catchup mechanic loot vendors. I couldn't find a guild to do mythic because the server is dead. I played alts for a bit just to have something to do for the rest of the month and then unsubbed. What a turd.
>>
>>340446812
>taking this as no legacy servers
This is literally proof that they are pretty much in preproduction for legacy servers. wtf is wrong with you niggers.
>>
>>340447917
Because they play Reg. WoW and know they'd lose players and it would accelerate Reg. WoW's decline
>>
>>340469136
I'm in preproduction of your brother.
>>
>>340468178
They don't. It's just been a bandwagon think. Nost could bost about the amount of accounts made but 90% of them player for a while and moved on beause been there done that.

It's just been a big propaganda thing.
>>
File: burned.png (971 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
burned.png
971 KB, 800x600
>>340469136
>>340469242
>>
File: 1373868103514.jpg (5 KB, 198x169) Image search: [Google]
1373868103514.jpg
5 KB, 198x169
>>340446812
>Blizzard having a meeting with literal criminals

What the fuck?
>>
>>340450221
>kys

>>>/youtube/
>>
>>340454917
You're retarded
>>
It's just a PR stunt. Why the fuck would blizzard fly out a team of people to California just to talk generically about servers then say its too hard? They're trying to show the community that they and nostalrius are buddies so people will like them again.
>>
File: image.png (426 KB, 463x511) Image search: [Google]
image.png
426 KB, 463x511
>>340450221
>KYS
Global rule 3.
>>
>>340454474
Anybody who unironically says this is a plague on humanity.
>>
>>340447917
because we are le epic counter culture

now give me some (You)s because my life is pathetic and I have nobody that likes me.
>>
File: 1431703464726.gif (48 KB, 166x202) Image search: [Google]
1431703464726.gif
48 KB, 166x202
>>340470082
Dont be so dramatic fag lord.
>>
File: math.jpg (46 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
math.jpg
46 KB, 960x960
>he's unironically against vanilla servers
>he posts on an anonymous internet forum FOR FREE defending a multi-million dollar company
>'stop liking what I don't like!!!!'
>>
>>340465398
You're a fucking idiot. People are downvoting it because they are sick of listening to the nost 'community'.

That entire server was obviously the first private server experience for a lot of people which is why so fucking many were fooled by playTBC. Because of this, they can't stop crying over how 'amazing' nost is and how every other server will never compare, even though nost itself was utter chink-infested dogshit.

The staff was shady, the economy was shot to shit, and anyone who believed they could maintain a 12k population is a moron.

TL;DR: The sooner you nostfags die off, the better.
>>
>>340458512
>burgers and fish sticks
What the fuck
>>
>>340472820
>being so bitter that other people are having fun that you have to post on an anonymous imageboard to tell them to die
Enjoy your garrisons 2.0 man, just let other people ask for what they want to play. Chill the fuck out lol
>>
>>340473112
>implying I actually pay for the shitfest that is WoD
>implying people from across the board aren't sick of you nostfags

Nobody hates fun, they hate all the crying you do about your dead server.
>>
>>340473854
>implying non-autists give a fuck about what other people want to play and talk about
There's a filter function faggot
>>
>>340473854
So you're a /wpsg/ shitter? Not everyone is accustomed to jumping between dozens of shit servers over and over again.
>>
>>340472820
hey look, one of the faggots who has spent years on private servers and is salty as fuck about it.
Do the part where you claim nost was botting it's population, that is a good one. Then after that do the thing where you claim the devs were in cahoots with chinese gold farmers. If you still have time before you raidlog on whichever polish wrath server you're on, you can shitpost about how nost server payments were overdue and the blizz letter was a coverup.
>>
File: 1443922483227.jpg (36 KB, 420x418) Image search: [Google]
1443922483227.jpg
36 KB, 420x418
>>340472820
Call me when your private server devs get a meeting with blizz, cucko

Nost accomplished what no other private server could, get Blizzard's attention. It's no wonder people like you are visibly ass-rattled ;)
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.