[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game dead or just shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Mirror's_Edge_Catalyst.jpg (97 KB, 231x326) Image search: [Google]
Mirror's_Edge_Catalyst.jpg
97 KB, 231x326
So is new Mirror's Edge dead on arrival? There's barely any discussion about it, and almost nobody is playing it on twitch.

Is it really that bad /v/? I haven't played it, only watched it for a while and it looked really boring.
>>
i played the beta for about an hour.

its ok.

first thing i 'unlocked' was the fuckin' roll that should be baseline

and i stopped cuz a quest was broken and i was tired; then beta was over
>>
>>340439852
Story is mediocre from what I've played so far, but if you liked how the original's gameplay felt you'll be right at home with Catalyst. I've spent 5 hours on it so far and really enjoying myself.
>>
>>340440704
didn't anita work on this game
>>
>>340440984
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/12/ea-replied-fan-petition-remove-anita-sarkeesian-mirrors-edge-2-game-development/

>However once the petition was only a little over 2,000 signatures away from its goal of 50,000 signatures, EA stepped in and revealed that “This petition is based on inaccurate information. EA is not working with Anita Sarkeesian on development of Mirror’s Edge“.

>This petition may have been started due to a rumour that was spread back near the start of November which claimed that EA had hired Anita Sarkeesian to work with DICE on Mirror’s Edge 2 and that DICE had to use all of her ideas.

Don't believe everything you hear on /v/
>>
>>340441139

Can I play as Anita at least?
>>
>>340441139
EA had Sarkeesian come in for a conference at DICE about wimminz in games, so it wasn't out of nowhere.
>>
any trainers to unlock every skill from the get go?
just like in ME1
>>
I would love to be playing it right now but i need every penny and for some reason they don't want me to pirate it.
>>
it hasnt been cracked yet, thats why
>>
I didn't even realized it was released.
>>
>>340440354
Same, was it the statue quest, cause fuck that man
>>
>>340441424
The roll and quickturn can be unlocked almost immediately. It's a dumb mechanic and I agree that shit shouldn't have to be unlocked, but people make it sound like you need to unlock all your basic moves throughout the game, but really all you need are those 2 things and the rest are just health upgrades and damage boosts towards enemies.

There's upgrades that improve your basic abilities like a double wallrun and longer slide, but those make sense for being unlockable.
>>
>>340441704

EA doesnt pay shills like blizz does, so ou dont see 30 thheads a day here about catalyst compared to overwatch
>>
Look at that cover art. If you feel any urge to play this game after seeing that, you should kill yourself
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.