[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one's better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 600x400
Which one's better?
>>
Old poke > new digi > old digi > new poke
>>
Digimon
>>
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/11/20/the-lost-franchise-why-digimon-deserves-a-glorious-renaissance/

Yes, this is a real article.
>>
>>340435198
>Breitbart
Lost me right there.
>>
>>340434293
For Videogames
Pokemon
For Anime
also Pokemon, but only because of Kalos
>>
>>340435347
Pokemon hasn't been good in ages.
>>
>>340435347
>for anime
How about neither cause they're both shit and the only reason anyone watches is cause of the poke/digimon
>>
>>340435462
and Digimon has been good never, it's always stood in shit or mediocrity
>>
File: 1259122589886.png (94 KB, 189x245) Image search: [Google]
1259122589886.png
94 KB, 189x245
>>340435324
>article isn't even about politics
>"hurr breitbart"
Get that redwood out of your ass before you start bleeding internally.
>>
>>340435760
>article is written by Milo
C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R
>>
>>340434293
The one that's still relevant today, Pokémon
>>
File: magion-02-ladydevimonlr.jpg (328 KB, 750x1061) Image search: [Google]
magion-02-ladydevimonlr.jpg
328 KB, 750x1061
Pokemon had better games but Digimon had better cartoons. And better designs.

LadyDevimon was my childhood waifu. Still have a soft spot for her.
>>
File: handegg poem.png (67 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
handegg poem.png
67 KB, 640x635
>>340435878
You know what? Forget what I said about getting that stick out of your rectum, shit's already fatal.
>>
>>340434293
Pokemon because it has a containment board
Digimon is shit because renamon posters still come on this board to peddle their furshit agenda
>>
File: pikachu vs mlucario.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
pikachu vs mlucario.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>340435347
This guy gets it.
>>
>>340436143
k Milo. No go back to the white house and cry about your checkmark
>>
>>340436049
I would appreciate the Pokemon Anime if only they got rid of Ash, and I don't care about how awesome he has been in XY&Z If Digimon can get new cast and age up the old cast why can't they do it with Pokemon?
>>
>>340437042
>and age up the old cas
Admitt it, you want to fap to em.
>>
File: 372953-463768.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
372953-463768.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>340437042
Makes me wonder why they didn't make an anime series based on the actual Pokemon black & white with the 2 protags.
>>
File: 1461848560015.jpg (252 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461848560015.jpg
252 KB, 500x500
>>340435569
You're a fucking faggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR6dtabMCX4
>>
Honestly, Pokemon. Just because it isn't kids going to another fantasy world to meet these creatures. There's a lot of burning questions about how the pokemon world works but I like that they're simply treated as regular things in life.
>>
Overall Pokemon, but I like both a lot. I only put pokemon ahead of digimon because it is more popular and easier to find people to discuss it with.
>>
File: 00+FanBeemon+Line+TigerVespamon.jpg (131 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
00+FanBeemon+Line+TigerVespamon.jpg
131 KB, 402x402
>>340434293

I like both but lets just say if digimon destroyed pokemon and we were all getting hype for the new digimon game/anime I would not be upset.

also post digipartners
>>
Pokemon for gameplay, digimon for yiffing
>>
Pokemon is better
if you're an underage faggot that enjoys games with no depth.
>>
>All these americans victims of that butched story and soundtrack.

I pity you. I really do. It's not your fault.

P.S: Digimon is better at least the 3/4 first seasons.
>>
File: imp.png (289 KB, 1176x250) Image search: [Google]
imp.png
289 KB, 1176x250
>>340437861
Call me edgy if you want, but Impmon is the cootest
>>
File: digimon evolutions.jpg (121 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
digimon evolutions.jpg
121 KB, 800x600
>>340439951
There is nothign wrong with edgy digimons
>>
>>340440139

WE
>>
>>340440139
That mega is anything but edgy, that's cherry as fuck.
>>
Pokemon has a more consistent quality, and is designed such that it has broader appeal and will inevitably be liked by more people. Digimon has very inconsistent quality. Everything about it is inconsistent. The games, the anime, the lore, the designs. So there's a lot more shit to point to and go "look at how shit this is", but I think it has some real standout elements that appeal to me personally. But again, it has a less broad appeal, so plenty of people won't appreciate even the better games and designs and story elements of Digimon because it's just not for them.
>>
digimon is honestly better, because youre not slogging through shitty overused game mechanics every single time. They change up their formulas and the mon designs appeal a little more to my autism mind.
>>
>>340440223
kek
>>
>>340434293
Pokemon
>>
>>340437460
looks stupid
>>
Digimon is the superior story. It drinks from the western canon, it drinks from C.S Lewis, from Lovecraft, from Homer. It has characters that grow, that face their fears, that overcome their weakness. It has antagonists that repent from their evil ways and that you end loving. It has also pure sources of evil, blackholes of wickness that would fill anyone with dread. It teaches you about true sacrifice.

Pokemon anime is just a ritual. Like a cargo cult doing something again and again. Ash has not evolved a bit since the first episode. He is not a better trainer, he is still defeated by the same tricks time after time, he forgets everything he learnt before, he needs to re-study the same strategies every time he faces a gym leader. He is still as far from being a master as he was the first day. He is literally trapped in stasis. He finds a pokemon in a forest, he befriends him, the Team Rocket tries to catch him and pikachu and they are defeated by thunder.

The same happens with the videogames. Every main pokemon videogame is the same as before, just another coat of paint and two gimmicks here and there. Yes there are spinoffs like Pokken or pikachu happy racing, but those are just that, spinoffs.
>>
>>340440828
They change things up game to game, but even though Cyber Sleuth was pretty good, I still found it to be a bit of a formulaic slog. The battles themselves just aren't that interesting. Putting your party together is fun, but the digivolution system in the game practically necessitates looking the paths up online, which makes it easy to get where you want. And once your team is sorted, unless there are a LOT of digimon you really want, you'll still have half the game left. There's not enough of a middle ground in the breeding, you either trivialize it completely to actually enjoy the digimon you get, or bumble through it and de-evolve and re-evolve constantly to get some idea of how you can get what you want. And then once you know how to get what you want, you de-evolve and re-evolve some more to meet the requirements. Considering that all requires a lot of EXP, you have to deal with the plain battle system a lot. You can mitigate how much EXP you need by using certain digimon with certain items, but that also involves looking stuff up online.
>>
>>340441321
I stopped watching the anime a while back:

Has Ash won any of the league championships yet in DP / BW / XY seasons?
>>
File: which one.png (396 KB, 546x392) Image search: [Google]
which one.png
396 KB, 546x392
Which one's better?
>>
>>340434293

Digimon Anime > Pokemon Anime

Pokemon Games ≥ Digimon Games
>>
>>340436628
watching this is like watching naruto
>>
>>340441686
Digimon Anime > Pokemon Anime
Good Digimon Games > Pokemon Games (arr rook same) > Shit > Bad Digimon Games
>>
>>340441616

MARCEL TOING
OWNER OF RAT BALLS
>>
>Watching Death Battle on Screw Attack
>Charizard vs Agumon
>Battle is decided by Tai literally running up to Ash and punching him into submission.
>Ash gets turned into literal ash by fireballs.

Feels good, man.
>>
File: Narutomon.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Narutomon.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>340442996
You don't know the half of it.
>>
>>340445563

It has good budget at least.
>>
Digimon World is probably the best game produced in both the digimon and pokemon world.
>>
>>340445847
I like the latest wave of digimon games better for the most part
>>
>>340434293

Digimon, no question. Animes were better, games were better. And it's simply because they were willing to experiment and keep things fresh. Pokemon was willing at the beginning with things like stadium and snap, but isn't anymore.

The best thing out of Pokemon at this point is a bad fight game and a mobile game.

Meanwhile, Digimon just produced one of the best SMT knock-offs that have ever graced the shelves. Better than some SMT games.

Now, if the question is "What sold the best and had the best marketing", then Pokemon easily. But is that really a measure of quality?
>>
>>340446912
stadium wasnt experimentation really
snap wasnt a good game
>>
>>340435347
This. I watched X and Y on Netflix and its pretty damn good. Almost as good as the og pokemon
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.