[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Farcry 4 or Red Dead Redemption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: do the math.png (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
do the math.png
32 KB, 250x250
I am old and very behind on modern video games.

Trying to decide whether to play Farcry 4 or RDR

Played farcry 1 back in the day and just beat 3 the other week, but got RDR on the cheap and heard its good.

Which one?
>>
>>340429527
Far Cry 4 is almost exactly the same as Far Cry 3. Insultingly so. Literally the exact same mechanics, weapons, activities, "Scary KARAZY" antagonist, idiot bro protagonist, stupid drug sequences that are nothing like real drugs. I could go on.
Far Cry 2 is like Far Cry 3 except more tedious and travel takes for fucking ever sometimes.
Basically, FC1>FC3>FC2>FC4>Literally anything>FC Primal.
Vas from FC3 is pretty bad-ass though, great voice acting.
Far Cry 1 was Great. Too bad Ubisoft just takes good ideas and puts them into soviet media production machine No. 1345 and churns out the same shit year after year.

RDR is pretty much universally praised. If you don't like the Rockstar GTA format then maybe you should look for another alternative.
>>
>>340430143
damn that sucks about farcry 4

I didnt like 2 as much with the lack of stealth combat and stupidly repetitive missions

guess i should check out RDR, i liked GTA 5 but my system couldn't handle it and kept fucking up
>>
>>340430350
Yeah it was pretty disappointing. At least in 2 you could use the collectible diamonds to buy shit. All the stuff you collect in the new ones just unlocks a signature weapon or skin or some stupid shit you didn't want.

Also, if you do end up playing 3, which is a good one to do if you want to try the new ones, be careful with the totem things, there is a couple you can be locked out of if you progress the story too far. I spent like 4 hours collecting them all and found out I missed one is a cave that closes off.
It sucks too, I love story sandbox, so every time a new FarCry game came out I was mega-hype.
>>
>>340429527
Red Dead Remption.
Now.
Don't make me go to your house anon.
>>
>>340431249
yeah i also dug how immersive 2 was

with the map and the gps instead of a menu it really put you in the game world

and the new collectibles are garbage, but thats ubisofts bread and butter

>>340431405
damn anon. I know its a good game but i didn't realize it was so beloved even on /v/

and i love westerns and shit so id enjoy it just from that standpoint
>>
RDR for sure
FC4 is nice but it gets boring quick
>>
>>340432453
i hear the storyline isn't as good (or immersive i guess) as farcry 3 was

But the worlds supposed to be bigger and better with helicopters n shit

Does RDR have a good central story? i thought it was more open world-ish
>>
>>340432882
It has a central story, and a good one at that.
>>
>>340433114
awesome

well that settles it, im off to get started

thanks for the advice
>>
>>340432882
I felt like in RDR you could explore freely and at your own will, there was rarely an obligation for you to do anything

Whereas FC4 just throws so much shit at you (sidequests, collectibles, etc) it became tiresome
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.