[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Coins are scarce as fuck (I'm at lvl 33, never bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: logo-burst-wide.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
logo-burst-wide.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>Coins are scarce as fuck (I'm at lvl 33, never bought anything in the gallery, and am only at 700)
>no XP bonuses for getting POTG, getting a post-match card upvoted, or even winning the match
>Loot boxes only give you sprays and voice lines, which are both utterly useless and boring, and are obviously just there to pad out the time between skins
>getting duplicate rewards possible on top of the scarcity of rewards you'll even care about
>even if you do get a legendary skin, it will most likely be for a character you don't even use
>Only counter to all this bullshit is microtransactions

Who the fuck okayed this nonsense?
>>
>>340420573
From a marketing point of view their system is literally perfect
>>
>>340420834
Yeah, if you're a kike game dev who wants to squeeze pennies out of the audience of their game
>>
>>340420834
Your nose is showing anon.
>>
>>340420998
>>340420984
just saying how it is. Loot Boxes have the same ffect on the brain as gambling, why have the customer buy the specific thing he wants for a moderate price when you can get him addicted by flashy animations and the thrill of gambling, effectively making him pay a higher price while also giving him the feel he gained something even when he lost a lot of money.

Other companies invented loot box jewing but blizzard perfected this scheme
>>
>>340420573
idk bout u man im lvl 130 and have 19+ legendaries never bought a crate m8 maybe u gotta just get gud
>>
I've pulled 3 legendary skins and I have 1900 coins at lvl 50.
You have shit luck.
>>
>level 44
>already got 7 legendaries and around 1850 gold
git gud :^)
>>
>Buy Genji black skin and the green tracer skin
>Have over a 1000 coins still
>Couple legendary random legendary skins
>only level 30

But seriously though $60 for TF2 lite, they need to some actual content ffs
>>
File: 1451756583465.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1451756583465.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
>>340420573
>this game won't give me cosmetic items that contribute nothing to the gameplay! Unacceptable!
Sick shitposting m8
>>
>>340420573
>infinite levels=infinite crates
>exp required never goes up after level 23
>game rewards you for getting medals

Why are you such a faggot OP?
>>
File: 2223.png (307 KB, 494x456) Image search: [Google]
2223.png
307 KB, 494x456
>>340420573
>Coins are scarce as fuck (I'm at lvl 33, never bought anything in the gallery, and am only at 700)
I don't see a problem
>no XP bonuses for getting POTG, getting a post-match card upvoted, or even winning the match
Oh great idea, just give xp bonuses for POTGs, now even less people will pick support
>Loot boxes only give you sprays and voice lines, which are both utterly useless and boring, and are obviously just there to pad out the time between skins
Geez it's almost like they didn't want you to get skins every single time you open a crate
>getting duplicate rewards possible on top of the scarcity of rewards you'll even care about
You get credits for duplicates
>even if you do get a legendary skin, it will most likely be for a character you don't even use
It's so easy to play any characters except maybe genji, if you don't use them all you're even more casual than a casual
>Only counter to all this bullshit is microtransactions
There's no bullshit, you get a crate every 22k xp. You don't need to spend real money on crates unless you're expecting to get every single skin on your first month of playing

Oh and get gud
>>
>>340422078
We are getting free future updates and this game is going to stick around for a while. But I want some more story already because I actually give a shit this time with a game
>>
File: 1362709240508.gif (966 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1362709240508.gif
966 KB, 512x288
>>340420573

>Who the fuck okayed this nonsense?

Do you really need to ask, anon?
>>
>>340420573
>no xp bonuses for getting play of the game
this is dumb. While like 90
% of the time actions that give you POTG are beneficial for your team, there will be times when people aiming to get POTG could have been doing something more beneficial for your team
>>
tfw when lvl 80 and havent open a single box yet

feels good not being a gambling cuck
>>
>>340420573
Uncharted did it right where you could literally buy what you wanted rather than take a chance with a lot box. Black ops 3 has it the worst.
>>
>>340422078
>$60
its $40, you bought the meme edition with some shitty skins
>>
I wouldn't have such a problem if you could disenchant things you don't like, like in Hearthstone
>>
>>340421521
>tfw I'm super unlucky and probably will have one legendary skin my lvl 100
It'll probably be for Symmetra too
>>
File: 1395170662649.jpg (171 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1395170662649.jpg
171 KB, 800x585
>>340420573

>lvl 51 with 1 legendary skin
>~750 coin after buying mercy emote/potg highlight

not even upset the games been out like a week and i plan to play a lot longer
>>
The gambling crap works in theory but in reality nearly everyone will hate it. Because people are forced into but don't want it. If you go play a slot machine you do it freely.
>>
>>340420573
I'm honestly curious, why do you play video games when all you care about is playing dress up? It's time to put the games down and pursue a life of fashion, anon.
>>
CSGO loot crap works because you can trade and sell your crap.
>>
>>340423295
he cares because it's the only progress in a boring game
>>
>>340420573
>kids get this worked up over skins

This is what's wrong with generation z.
>>
>>340423295
>>340422225
Not OP, but as of right now the game has very little content. Once you've experimented with every character and found who you like, you're now limited to the same 3 game types on only about a dozen different maps, all of which are very similar. Having the long-term element of a reward you're chasing - this case being new skins - stacked on top of the short-term goal of winning a match, is a good way to incentivize players to keep playing and chasing a certain goal, even if it is cosmetic, because a legendary skin separates you from the crowd and proves committment. When you take away the long-term element, the game loses longevity.
>>
I'm level 89 and I have like 11 legendaries, two of which I purchased with currency

Level 33 isn't shit
>>
>>340423956
Wouldn't it hurt the longevity more if it took no time or effort to get all the things you want? As it is now you earn loot boxes at a decent rate and the coins build up slowly but steadily
>>
>>340420573
>sprays and voice lines, which are utterly useless
As opposed to the game changing skins
>>
>>340423295
Because there's literally nothing else to go for. All characters are unlocked from get-go with no changes to their mechanics whatsoever. Skins are basically the only reward.
>>
File: 1388616616428.png (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1388616616428.png
16 KB, 500x500
>>340420984
>>340420998

Nothing wrong with realizing good jew tactics, anons. The system is designed in a way to make you want to spend money on boxes while not being forced to do so if you want legendary skins. The only way to beat the Jew is to become the Jew.
>>
>>340424205
At least the skin is visible all the time. He said those things are boring.
>>
>>340424409
>The system is designed in a way to make you want to spend money on boxes
It's not. No one really wants to spend money in the hope to maybe get the one thing you want. There will be some retards but it will turn off most people.
>>
>>340424158
>Wouldn't it hurt the longevity more if it took no time or effort to get all the things you want?
This can be said of people who just buy the lootboxes via microtransactions. Some little kid who steals mommy's credit card to buy boxes is at a vastly greater advantage than someone who simply invests their time playing. Money you spend on the game outweighs the time you spend playing it.

>As it is now you earn loot boxes at a decent rate and the coins build up slowly but steadily
1 per level is reasonable but they're always filled with dumb filler garbage. And as for the coins, it's complete RNG. I have a friend who put about 30 hrs into the game before he ever got his first coin drop. This is the sort of stuff that happens when your game's rewards are based around RNG, some people will get lucky while others will get fucked over.
>>
>>340420998
>MUH JEWS

kill yourself

jews are great people
>>
>Crying this much about optional cosmetics
>Only level 33

Kill yourself my friend
>>
>>340420573
But there is a 20% exp bonus for being in a group.
>>
>>340424681
>Why would anyone put a quarter in the slot machine? You are going to lose that money, people are smart enough to see through this scam

Anon, people are retarded and our brain just loves gambling
>>
>>340422225
Fuck off m8.
>>
>Microtransactions in Overwatch are pro-consumer because they give players without time the same rewards as people who have more time, at the cost of money.

Is he right?
>>
>>340425829
Don't remind me.
>>
>>340426672
in a way yes, but Blizzard we're clever and used their Hearthstone jew tactics to their advantage by only letting people buy boxes instead of outright buying the shit they want, instead you pray for currency because the currency you get for duplicates is fucking garbo
>>
>>340426875
reminded, lol.
>>
>>340423409
i do like this
>>
>>340426672

he's not wrong
>>
>level 40
>only one legendary skin (Cybergoth, literally the worst one in the game)
>only have 900 coins
But I sure do love getting all these sprays and voices and blue skins! Haven't even gotten an epic skin.
Fuck blizzard.
>>
File: a-depressed-man-by-a-wall.jpg (35 KB, 700x456) Image search: [Google]
a-depressed-man-by-a-wall.jpg
35 KB, 700x456
>tfw you keep getting Bastion """""voice""""" lines.
>>
Im level 56 and I have the following legendaries:

>Mako Roadhog
>Okami Hanzo
>Nomad Genji
>Mach T Tracer
>Goddess Symmetra

But I've also been 15+ levels without receiving anything but sprays and profile pictures, you just need to be patient and after a while you'll get one. Hell sometimes you might open two loot boxes and get legendaries in both of them. Just keep playing and eventually you'll get them.

On the other hand most legendaries suck ass, the best skins are usually the purple ones that cost 250.
>>
>>340426672
Kinda, I wouldn't say he's wrong. But hes saying that people who have more money than time (full-time workers, parents, etc.) get the option to get the same rewards as people who have more time than money. I call bullshit on that. People who have more money than time are at a significant benefit with this system because you can just throw down dollarydos and zip right on past people who don't have expendable income. The game tries to look like its benefitting both groups of people but let's be real here, people with money get special treatment.

But here's my question: if you don't have the time to invest into a video game, why did you buy a video game?
>>
>>340427960
What special treatment? In fact those who pay get fucked because they could buy 20 boxes and not get shit. I for one would never spend a single dollar on this because I know I would mostly get voice lines and duplicate sprays.
>>
>>340421698
lel
>>
File: 1463064463349.gif (2 MB, 315x365) Image search: [Google]
1463064463349.gif
2 MB, 315x365
It's completely alien to me why anyone would defend the current loot drop system Overwatch has. It has no redeeming qualities bar that its strictly cosmetic items.

Are they so deep on to Blizzard's dick that they can't see just how much they could have improved the system before releasing it? I mean just having a guaranteed gold drop in every pack would have made it 100 times better.
>>
>>340428640
People with money get their shortcut to rewards, which is the boxes. Like someone else ITT stated, a little kid who steals his mom's credit card because he gets a shortcut to all the content that a player without money/desire to buy boxes has.

TotalBiscuit is arguing in favor of busy people because he doesn't realize how hard people who aren't throwing money at the game are getting shafted, and whether or not he knows it he's being a complete apologist. Blizzard could easily remedy this by making skins unlockable by challenges and goals: Getting X amount of eliminations/wins gets you skin Y for character Z, for example. But they won't do that because they want the microtransactions to be tempting.
>>
>>340426672
Why buy a game if you don't have time to play it? I can't believe people are willing to defend micro transactions.
>>
>>340423295
Skins are the only reward in the game and it's annoying having 60 hours and only having 2 legendary skins and not even enough coins to buy a 3rd while I see level 20's with multiple.
>>
>>340429763
I see your point but I still think that spending money on loot boxes is a bit too unpredictable for my taste. On the other hand the excitement of seeing what I'm going to get next time I level up keeps me playing the game (even if I get disappointed 90% of the time)
>>
>>340429608
It's Blizzard capitalizing on idiots who like to throw their money around, there's no rational way to defend it. I can understand buying the $5 pack for fun, maybe even the $10 one, but there's no fucking way anybody could ever rationalize buying the $40 one.

>inb4 hurrrr ur just poor

Nope, I just know there are millions of better ways to spend $40.
>>
>>340425359
good goy
>>
>>340430209
>Don't have time to play game I'm interested in
>I'll buy it, and pay more money to skip the actual playing
>Thanks for being so consumer-friendly!

Why not just watch a fucking let's play/stream
You don't pay for it, and you can skip the uninteresting bits as well :^)
>>
>>340431309
It's not like they are paying for anything important, the skins make very little difference to the point you don't see them yourself. You aren't skipping any content either because the content are the heroes, maps and modes and those are easily all experienced in 2-3 hours
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.