[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Kaz said this in 2013, would you have believed in him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
>"We're not interested in gimmicks, clever rhetoric or conventional thinking."
>>
File: VR stacking.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
VR stacking.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
VR isn't a gimmick. It's increased FOV, plus headtracking and 3D.
>>
fuck no

sonys entire goodwill this gen has been microsoft fucking up, and quite predictably theyve exploited it

PSN costs money
backwards compatibility costs money
CoD marketing deals
Playstation Vue being prioritised

Makes you wonder who the real COD TV SPORTS was
>>
>>340412776
PS4 camera is not only slow on tracking (it uses VGA techonology) but it can't do more than 720p

It will be amazing I suppose.
>>
>>340412776
>uncomfortable
>motion sickness
I'm not saying it's impossible for VR to catch on, but it has a lot of obstacles to overcome besides just price.
>>
>>340412845
>Playstation Vue

What's the deal with this meme? it's another HBO/Sony Pictures scam?
>>
>>340412776
>VR isn't a gimmick.
>That webm
>>
>>340412980
Even then price is a pretty big one. Spending triple digit bux on a controller that only works for a handful of games is a bit iffy unless you got a hole burning through your pocket.
>>
>>340412996
It looks like it aims to offer exactly the same service as cable, but over the internet. It doesn't appear to be like on demand type streaming, its all live from what I can tell. But I think it's a good deal for some people. The $30 a month plan includes the only channel my mom watches and thats the only reason they still have cable. I think setting her up with a Fire TV and this Vue service might be a better value than what she currently has.
>>
>>340413303
Sonyggers will work 12h /day on Mc Donalds to buy PS VR and will say it's revolutionary
>>
Gimmick
Novelty
Fad

choose 3

do not underestimate the pure laziness of consumers
ANY compromise is too much
strapping goggles to your head vs watching tv
TV wins, every single time
hell, people don't even want to wear glasses to watch stuff in 3D, that's just how lazy they are
>>
>>340413528
Understandable

Live TV is still a thing for some people, even young ones, but for me it's useless. I don't have cable since 2012

I barely watch movies as well, too much kikery these days.
>>
>>340413789
>that's just how lazy they are

That's why PS VR will fail like everything after 2007 involving motion/3D failed.
>>
>>340412913
PS4 isn't all VR. If they can't output decent VR for a decent price, that's nothing to do with VR as a hobby.

Even Oculus is 1080p now, yeah?

>>340412980
>motion sickness
Most games that would cause motion sickness don't need headtracking, and most games that benefit from headtracking wouldn't cause motion sickness. See: flight sims.

It's also not the average /v/ experience to have played games on the Oculus or whatever, but the Vive is out, and nobody's complaining.

>>340413301
More accurate controls than analog sticks is a gimmick?
>>
>>340413960
>More accurate controls

Go to Wal Mart/Best Buy
experiment VR gimmick
Post here again.
>>
>>340413789
Glasses are fucking shutter shit.

Everybody that goes to movies still watches 3D in theatres though if it's an option. Argument invalid.
>>
>>340414050
They're not going to have that. They're more accurate. Tried doing that webm with a gamepad? Post results.
>>
>>340414064
I'm not talking about in theatres though am I.
I'm talking about people in their own homes.
>>
Guys. What if omnidirectional treadmill? So it feels like your actually running around in the game.
>>
>>340414265
That's already addressed in that post. Try again?
>>
Delete this thread now xcuck
>>
>>340414141
>They're not going to have that.
Not today, in a few months.
>>
3D is the most usless stuff
My LCD tv has this shit and I used two times

Blu rays are also a meme since movie download/stream is so easy
>>
>>340414560
It's already obvious that they're more accurate. What point are you trying to prove by deflecting the innacuracy of gamepads?
>>
>>340414805
PS VR + PS Move is going to more accurate than mouse?

Maybe more than Dual Shock 4 but that's not the point because VR primary use is PC
>>
>>340414929
>PS Move
That's not what that reply line is about, and if a VR thread just going to be about Sony VR, why?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.