[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silkroad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: SRO2005-04-1402-17-33_12.jpg (112 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SRO2005-04-1402-17-33_12.jpg
112 KB, 1024x768
Has any of you played this game?
It was my first mmorpg and I played it like 10 years ago, getting back to it some times later on. Last time I tried it was 2011 I believe. The game got killed because of bad updates, lack of moderation, incredible amounts of bots.
I remembered it few days ago and pure nostalgia hit me. Does anyone know if it's still playable on some korean, russian or other private servers?
>>
Probably only Korean server because page for the russian version haven't been updated for 4 years
>>
Played this in 2006 was pretty awesome shame it does the way it did
>>
Played it for about 1 1/2 years when I was in 8 grade somewhat around 2008ish.
It sucked. Horrible grindfest.

Was having fun roaming with my friends from school though.

Just download the client from the homepage and play it again.

Replayed it this febrauary for about 2 weeks just to see whats changed.
You get everything for free now. Gear, Potions special Items. But since its old there are a lot of autistic high level palyers.

Still a pretty bad game.
>>
Is it possible to reach max level?
>>
>>340395318
Yes. Through tedious grinding and money.
There is this new battery thingy which gives you and exp boost after you've been offline for over 12 hours. it can be build up to over 6 days after not playing for 30 days.
>>
>>340395318
No.
Well, I guess thee could be an exception if you are incredibly (really incredibly) autistic and are willing to spend months grinding the same 2 mobs with same 3 buttons.
I actually think that you can count on your fingers the number of players who reached the current max level without using software.
>>
i used to jew people by buying horses scrolls and selling them 10x the price at the nearest noob quest/grinding hub
>>
Nigga, that was my fucking shit back in the day. One of the few MMORPGS I actually loved. I mean yeah, I was a teenager at the time but fuck me those were the best time.

Unfortunately it died a long time ago, you shouldn't try to go back or anything. It's dead, those times are gone.
>>
Killing a player in this game feels like killing someone in real life. You get a red name, everyone wants to kill you, you are mindlessly running around thinking what to do because you don't want to lose your precious gear (you drop loot with pk status after death), skill points, exp. I remember when I killed some stupid turk for constantly stealing my mobs and it was not worth it at all.
>>
Who thought that quests in which you have to kill 1000s of monsters were a good idea?
>>
>>340396207
Collect 1000 items from killing mobs where drop rate is 1/5 even.
Not sure if it was a good idea but it was okay for me after getting used to it. Getting to your location, bags filled with potions and arrows. Putting on some music and grinding the same kind of mobs for a whole day while looking at beautiful ancient greek or chinese scenery.
Damn, those were the days with no responsibilities and a lot of time to waste.
>>
>>340396363
It was fine until 50-something level when I realized that quests gave me just a few %. I had about 10 characters just, because I couldn't stand leveling at higher levels.
>>
File: GLzxd.jpg (246 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
GLzxd.jpg
246 KB, 1280x1024
>>340396015
I loved this game too, I totally get you.
I'm not sure why exactly but this game was just so damn appealing. Maybe those damn fine looking places, the color scheme, shiny gear, buffs and people by the city gates fighting each other with their flashing coloured skills.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.