[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead By Daylight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92
File: dead.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
Let's talk about how to fix the game:

-Increase time it takes to unhook someone
-Give toolbox less charges
-Decrease time it takes it takes to pick up an incapacitated survivor
-Allow person being healed to cancel the process
-Remove hatch from the game. It encourages unhealthy game behavior (i.e. hiding in a cupboard until everyone else dies)
-Fix points system. Remove caps for score (if I get all 5 generators I shouldn't rank down because I didn't juke the killer for 5 minutes or run in and out of his basement)
-Make map not useless
-Instead of outright destroying the hook, sabotaging a hook will make the hook break as soon as a survivor is placed on it, giving him a chance to escape, similar to what happens if you step on your own trap as the killer. This will add a new element to the game. Do you risk losing a kill because a hook might be booby trapped, or do you carry your kill all the way to the basement, risking dropping him?
-Survivors breathing calms down after not running for a bit. This includes the noise you make while sitting in a cabinet, however you can't regain your breath while inside the claustrophobic closet.
-Option to remove Dwight's glasses
>>
wtf is this game
>>
>>340379581
Anxiety disorder incarnate as survivors. Testosterone induced rage as killer.
>>
>>340379301
Agree with all of this aside from hatch and map.
Map is not useless and clearly there for new people who don't know how to properly navigate.
Hatch is a good option, because killer can just camp around exit gates without it.
Also, survivor can't hide in the cupboard the whole game, because after a minute a crow will land on it signaling for killer.
>>
>>340379841
does it fucking suck and is super imbalanced just like a real horror movie
>>
>>340379973
Had no idea about the crow thing. Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>340379973
There are 2 exit gates, killer can't watch both. Also the chances of the gates even being openable are slim if it's a 3v1.
>>
>>340379301
>-Increase time it takes to unhook someone
get better at predicting survivor movement

>-Decrease time it takes it takes to pick up an incapacitated survivor
survivors help themselves up, and it doesn't take long anyway. Getting hit by the killer is meant to be scary

>-Instead of outright destroying the hook, sabotaging a hook will make the hook break as soon as a survivor is placed on it
Why nerf toolboxes only to buff them again?
>>
Is there any way for me to play with only 3 of my friends (total of four people). There's only the 4 of us and we been trying to get into this beta for a while.
>>
>>340381170
You could host a private match and only invite the 3 people, meaning your game wouldn't be full. It isn't possible to have a stranger fill the final spot, nor is it possible for you to all be survivors, as the killer is always the host. They say they are adding a party system that would fix this, however.
>>
>>340380606
>get better at predicting survivor movement
What? it's takes literally 1 second while picking someone up off the ground takes like 10. That's why the no-hook strategy is popular. The game shouldn't incentivize you to not use the hooks.

>survivors help themselves up, and it doesn't take long anyway. Getting hit by the killer is meant to be scary
Survivors can not pick themselves up.

>Why nerf toolboxes only to buff them again?
It isn't redundant. It's an adjustment more than a nerf or buff, and it adds a new gameplay element.
>>
>>340380080
Its actually good but it is super imbalanced in the survivors favor.

Its the opposite of a typical horror movie.
>>
>>340381710
While I agree with this, as soon as the killer gets any sort of momentum the survivors lose all of theirs.
I've been afk for half a game only to tab back in, realize im in a game where they have only 2 generators left and clean them up.
>>
>>340381514
no, that's a huge buff. you're still breaking it just now they can't tell and it lets someone get away
>>
>>340382016
Yeah it's quite possibly the worst suggestion i've heard as far as "nerfing" the toolbox.
So far I still believe it should use 2-5x as many charges per second.
Removing all the hooks on the map is on the same level as being able to finish all survivors by hand. Ebony Memento Memori is a Ultra Rare Offering that only triggers a small percentage of the time. Where toolboxes are abundant and everyone can have one. Tell me how that's fair.
>>
>>340381514

You predict other survivors coming in and saving them. If you think you've got time, put a trap right underneath. If you don't, then just stare at the hook. That way even if someone saves your victim, you've got another one

>Survivors can not pick themselves up.
They can fill the bar almost all the way up and it only takes a second after that for someone else to finish it off

Changing broken hooks to your suggestion would make them even more overpowered when breaking hooks is already quite strong
>>
>>340379581
hide and seek with slasher flick gimmicks
>>
-Make it count as a loss for the killer if he disconnects instead of making survivor lose all their items
-Don't let killer see what items the survivors have (or maybe make it a perk/burnable)
-Fix changing your steam name resetting your stats/items
-Fix hiding in closet after running not cooldown your panting sound
-Separate the toolbox into two items: one for repairing and one for sabotaging so it's not the best item that everyone picks
-Show the location of the hatch when you're the last one alive like it does with the escape doors (or maybe only when you're last and downed)
-Allow native fullscreen and disable the framerate cap
>>
>>340379301
-yes
-yes
-no
-no, most people don't even go for the hatch
-it's fine as it is
-map's there for newbies
-you're fucking retarded and this is a terrible idea
-nah
-nah

Nerf toolbox.

Decrease time needed to break pallets and fix window sills.

Give a noise notification similar to a fuck-up or a vault when a hook is sabotaged.
>>
>>340382589
>teachable perk that allows sabotaging the hooks without a toolbox
game is going to be broken as FUCK on launch
>>
>>340383175
>-Show the location of the hatch when you're the last one alive like it does with the escape doors
This would be good if the killer was shown it too. It would certainly stop the fuckarounds where neither player sees the other for 10 minutes at the end of matches
>>
>>340383175
-Nah, survivors deserve to lose their items if they sit at the gates for 10 minutes trying to 'teabag'
-No, that's shitty forcing a killer to go ahead with a 4 toolbox meme run without being able to at least adapt to the incoming fuckstorm
-Yes
-No
-This 100 fucking persent
-That's retarded and will encourage hatch-camping even more.
-Sssssssure? I guess?

Why are so many people butthurt pro-survivors?
>>
>>340383609
>Fix hiding in closet after running not cooldown your panting sound
>No
Explain, because if you exit the closet it automatically coolsdown, you shouldn't be panting from running as long as you're in the closet nor should you have to wait to cooldown before entering it.
>>
>>340383341
Killers have just as broken counters
>perk that almost doubles struggle time when holding survivors
>>
>>340381945
How can the killer possibly gain any momentum when the survivors sabotage all his hooks and then skirt around the edges of the map so you cant take them to the basement.

The killer needs to get a really strong start to have any chance of winning
>>
>>340383737
Then exiting the closet shouldn't cool it down immediately, either.

But it shouldn't cool down while you're IN the closet, a claustrophobic space that nine times out of ten has the killer five feet away.

Would YOU calm the fuck down under those circumstances? No? Then you see why entering the closet shouldn't quiet your breathing.

People that actually use closets are functionally retarded anyhow. Breath or not it's so ridiculously easy to spot a guy in a closet.
>>
>>340383952
>Then exiting the closet shouldn't cool it down immediately, either.
Why not? You spent the time for cooldown, it just shouldn't require exiting the closet. It should cooldown to the same level of breathing as if you walked and entered the closet.
>>
>>340383936
Not true. I've had people bumrush it up to only 1 generator remaining. And then I've fucked killed them all because they get cocky.

But yeah your chances of winning as killer fall exponentially if you don't start successfully hacking and whacking in the first couple minutes.
>>
>>340379301
That guy doesn't look very scared. Cover his mouth with your thumb and he looks like he's just daydreaming.
>>
>>340383936
Most noob killers think that you HAVE to hook someone
Even when they're down people will still try to come for them
They try to distract with 1 or 2 then 1 sneaks in and heals
I just play along and interrupt their healing and down even more of them
>>
>>340384125
>You are wrong, because I killed this one group that was retarded

You didnt address the fact that all the survivors need to do is sabotage all the hooks and its GG.
>>
>>340384101
Because if you exit the closet then you don't magically have your lungs refilled with air and your muscles and organs supplied accordingly.

You still need to gasp for breath and catch yourself after hiding in a tiny closet inches from a magical serial killer who might still be right next to you.

It makes sense not to automatically go silent after getting out of a closet.
>>
>>340384247
>It makes sense not to automatically go silent after getting out of a closet.
That's what I'm saying. Currently, it does that.
>>
Is this game any good? I'm looking forward to Last Year when that comes up because I love this sort of concept.
>>
>>340384228
I've won, or practically won, plenty of games where they've memed all the hooks.

You just chase them towards the basement and THEN murder them, or set up traps, or let them crawl around and bleed out.

It looks like you just need to ______git gud
>>
>>340379301
Is this like that Last Year kickstarter game?
>>
>>340381354
How do I force start the game though. Sorry for autism
>>
>Finish a game
>See this
>The cunt with all 4 perk slots was the first to get hooked
>>
File: bruh.png (23 KB, 193x119) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
23 KB, 193x119
>>340379301
>first game as the killer, going in with basic knowledge of how he plays
>get throw into a 1v8
>gank a survivor right off the bat, hang that nigger and throw a trap down, start walking away
>trap goes off, turn back and head to hook
>theres 1 survivor in the trap being helped by another, and a survivor helping the hooked one
>also notice 2 head moving behind some boxes behind them
>spend the rest of the game chasing the group around downing and leaving them downed while a few of them do generators
>gates open, survivors trying to juke me and get the 3 remaining downed survivors up before they leave
>run in circles until they leave

Saw someone talking about this before in these threads. Has it been fixed yet?
>>
>>340386468
I wish that they will include some kind of anti-cheat after the release.
>>
>>340379301
Save me, senpaitachi.
http://beta.deadbydaylight.com/saveme/062d6539f95aae8c91152c9f4c8f356e
>>
>>340387020
Nope and I don't understand what triggers it. Just two games ago got dumped in the game with 9 survivors. Killer murdered 6 of them, 2 escaped and 1 dissconnected.
>>
>>340387226
I'll save you bitch but you better get some more people.
>>
>>340387586
I got it, thanks guys.>>340387226
>>
how to actually fix the game
>remove rng equipment system
>remove toolbox
>>
>two Survivors literally spend 20 minutes "juking" me (See: baiting me to follow them through areas I can't outrun them in because the Killer is too big to fit into some areas)
>eventually "fall for it" so I can end the fucking game

If you're going to play like a faggot, why even bother? Both exits were open and they literally just kept running up near me and following a narrow circular path back and forth repeatedly for 20 minutes. I had almost gotten one earlier in the match, but she got loose in the basement and proceeded to do the same shit up and around the stairs
>>
There needs to be a timer. There's one survivor who went on the second floor of a fabric in the room with 3 fucking windows. They can juke you all the time in this room.
>>
Alright so this fucking sucks

You literally can't reach the hook half the time because they fucking break free

I've not tried playing as the survivors yet but the game is fucking trash, and not just beta trash, it's just generally not actually fun
>>
>>340390185
They need around 15 seconds to break free.
>>
>>340389608
That's when you just quit and force them to eat a loss, anon.
>>
>>340390185
>You literally can't reach the hook half the time because they fucking break free
You need to A) Check more closely for hooks nearby (shown to you in bright red), B) realize that toolboxes can be found during the match and are used to destroy the hooks, and C) note that the maps are procedurally generated, meaning that yes, sometimes all the hooks end up on one side, which is retarded. Gotta plan around it
>>
>>340390517
Which is less time than it takes to reach the fucking hook if they're not right next to it.

The game I just played had all the hooks in a basement in the centre of the map. Brilliant. Except there was only one way into the fucking building, and then you had to go down the stairs. It took about ten seconds to even get to the hooks from the entrance to the building.

It's the point where "procedurally generated" means "unbalanced fucking trash".

In the time it's taken for posting to come back I've tried survivor and it's the same fucking bullshit, fuck this game.
>>
>>340390745
>The game I just played had all the hooks in a basement in the centre of the map
You stupid shit, you're playing against people who are using toolboxes to sabotage your hooks. At no point do NO hooks other than the basement ones spawn. Those are just the only ones that can't be broken. I just had a match an hour ago where I easily brought two people down there because I actually knew what the hell I was doing. You're The Trapper. Use your fucking traps. it's easy. Did you even try to read one of these threads to learn how to play? Of course you didn't. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>340383936
>How can the killer possibly gain any momentum when the survivors sabotage all his hooks

this only applies if the survivors are all toolbox fags
>>
>>340391229
Not him but he has a point when it comes to the "procedually generated = trash" thing, there should be at least a certain number of hooks placed within certain areas of the map relative to things like generators, closets, etc.
>>
>>340385392
it auto balances objectives to how many survivors are in the game, and auto starts once everyone in the lobby is ready. as long as there is one (1) killer and one (1) survivor.
>>
>>340391545
The game doesn't start in public without 4 survivors.
>>
>>340391517
Oh, no doubt. He brings up a lot of good points. They're just littered with him refusing to take how shit he is into perspective
>>
>>340391597
It does in a private match. When you click "Kill your friends" with the subtext "Private match" my man.
>>
>>340386468
How do you get more perk slots? I only have one, and I've capped the bloodweb.
>>
>>340389608
>>340390527

Holy fuck, look at all these butthurt "killers". Grow a pair and accept that you got outplayed.
>>
>>340391747
only 1 slot is available in the beta. since they unlock at levels 10, 15 and whatnot, and the bloodweb at the moment is capped at level 6. it's really not hard to discern this kinda stuff my man
>>
>>340391887
Holy fuck, look at all these butthurt "victims". Grow a pair and accept escape without prolonging the boring shit.
>>
>>340391747
By cheating
>>
>>340391887
Yeah dude, I'M butthurt.
>>
The biggest issue I see here is depth and content.
>>
File: photo_2016-05-30_02-00-29.jpg (21 KB, 361x390) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-05-30_02-00-29.jpg
21 KB, 361x390
http://beta.deadbydaylight.com/saveme/ac5feab46213ea9af7aa85c7ba59712d
>>
>>340384373
>Playing against retards
>Telling anyone to git gud

You first.
>>
>>340392276
Danke Schon
>>
>>340392039
>Grow a pair and play by my rules!

Okay?
>>
>>340391887
How do you accept it if killer can't end the match without victims escaping? If Survivors prolong it indefenetly then people just get bored and leave. It's a double-edged sword.
Survs must bolt to the escape point if killer won't kill them.
>>
>>340392039

>ragequitting because you got outplayed

I'm surprised you can even play horror games if a simple teabagging is enough to put you in distress.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (81 KB, 821x531) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
81 KB, 821x531
How do I get a key?
>>
>>340392480

Then the survivors are retarded because they've given you an additional opportunity to kill them. You have traps, use them. There's only two exits also
>>
>>340392610
you git gud
>>
I NEEDS A LOT MORE LOCATIONS
>>
File: 1343283186044.gif (332 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1343283186044.gif
332 KB, 544x400
WAKE ME UP

http://beta.deadbydaylight.com/saveme/f6fa579ac074ddda74dc4ed61031c734
>>
Decent points, survivors are OP, especially when one unhooks while you are laying a trap.

Traps should be placed like 5 times faster

On the other side, that stealth killer perk is OP as fuck, encourages even more camping

And yea, remove the hatch, or let the Killer close it when he finds it, so you both have to search.
>>
>>340392186
It's just fun for 30 minutes, but it needs like 80% more content to be a solid game

Feels like an unpolished Evolve
>>
Game looks fun, but I'm always afraid of these asymmetrical games having dead communities shortly after launch.
>>
>>340393298
>>340392276
>tfw mods banned me for 7 days for "advertising" my link

you have been warned

still got a beta key
>>
File: 1315184771770.gif (919 KB, 170x196) Image search: [Google]
1315184771770.gif
919 KB, 170x196
>>340393631

>Mods banning people for wanting to play video games
>>
File: 1456925777900.jpg (58 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1456925777900.jpg
58 KB, 450x600
>>340393675
As it should be. Only the strong should be able to play games like that.
>>
>>340393675
I shit you not.

I called him a nigger and a hypocrit who should kys and he lowered it to 3 days, but still
>>
Who has the best survivor perk?
>>
>nerf toolboxes
>enable a time limit for survivors to win before the killer starts getting vague audio cues that direct him to the survivors that starts off extremely vague and ramps up to being very accurate as time progresses.

With those two changes i think the game is pretty good in terms of balance. Nerfing toolboxes is a given but the game needs something to encourage the survivors to get shit done and to also discourage afk survivors who just wait for everyone to die and escape via hatch.

Make the 'soft time limit' around 12-14 minutes, where the Entity gets pissed off at nothing happen and starts to give the killer vague hints to nudge him in the right direction and make them become much more accurate and noticeable as time reaches 17-20 minutes.

all my complaints regarding balance are basically tied to toolboxes so if you nerf them you fix/improve about 10 other issues.
>>
File: black locks.png (104 KB, 427x275) Image search: [Google]
black locks.png
104 KB, 427x275
the fuck are these? no Claudette jokes

>>340393598
i don't know man i've got 20 hours just from the free beta
>>
>>340393923
I'm pretty sure black locks are hatches. Pretty meaningless item, tracking the hatch is pointless when you have to find it first.
>>
What the fuck does it mean with some offerings that you can "respawn somewhere after being burned"?
>>
>>340394439
the wording is 'increases chance of being sent to _________ when burned'

_________ being a specific map.
>>
>>340394492
U wot
I thought that you can't simply get to the next map after dying/winning. There're only Upgrade and Leave options.
>>
>>340394590
burned is the term for when an offering is consumed at the beginning of a match.
>>
File: Bobby what the shit.jpg (20 KB, 222x323) Image search: [Google]
Bobby what the shit.jpg
20 KB, 222x323
>mfw I'm literally the only guy who does generators
>I even had time to unhook a guy
I get it,you want to save people.
But how do you save yourself if there's no way out?
>>
>>340394680
i just focus on generators now.

not because i'm a dick but because i know it's a guarantee that as soon as someone gets hooked the other 2 survivors on my team will be 'waiting for their chance' to save him
>>
Guys, the perk that reduces cooldowns on missed attacks for killer is so fucking powerful, it says 3% but it's WAY more than that. It's impossible to lose with that perk.
>>
>>340393861
>also discourage afk survivors who just wait for everyone to die
I bet you think "locker abusing" is a genuine thing.

Randomly check lockers as a killer.
>>
>>340394773
I've got the rare, green version which is 6% but it really doesn't feel any different.
>>
>>340394824
It seriously is, I only have the yellow version and holy shit. Survivors basically cannot get away.
>>
How does ebony memento mori even work?
I though it would let you kill players on ground instead of hooking.
>>
>>340383936
Haha just bleed the cocksuckers out on the floor, they griefed you, grief em back.
>>
>>340394929
It's only a chance to do so. It brings up a button press if you can do it when they're downed.
>>
>>340394817
lockers have never been an issue for me since i can hear a uninjured survivor breathing in them from like 10m away.

it's not hide to just go hide somewhere away from any unactivated generators.

>>340394929
that's exactly how it works

survivors have to be actively crawling though, if they're laying there immobile you can't do anything to them

>>340394957
there's no chance about it apart from whether the offering activates at the start of the match

>>340394880
i'll try to record attacking with and without
>>
>>340387020
This type of games should just add 1 killer for each extra 3 survivors
>>
>>340395023
That would actually be fucking fantastic.
If you see one killer, you can't be sure second one isn't going to fuck you in the ass in a second.
>>
>>340395023
>>340395118
2 killers would absolutely dumpster anything up to like 15 survivors if even one of them has ebony memento mori
>>
>>340395207
Not if they're that shitty wight one.
>>
>>340379301

Remove 3rd visual camera
Remove muh killer is there indicator
Remove generic 3rd party helpers
Add stamina
Increase healing time
If arts are broken due trap healing will only cure the blood loss
Killer can kill on site
>>
please http://beta.deadbydaylight.com/saveme/c2756c5c2209124294dfb4a55088d5af
>>
File: 20160607203132_1.jpg (128 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
20160607203132_1.jpg
128 KB, 1360x768
>>340387020
This is the only one ive had where it bugged out but it totally put the game in my favor, there was only 5 survivors and like 8 gennies

>no one escapes the actual cannibal
>>
File: Run nigga.png (2 MB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
Run nigga.png
2 MB, 1919x1079
>get shouldered by killer once
>some nigga opens the gate nearby
>tricks the killer into following him
>mfw guys on the other side of the map opened a gate too
>>
File: with attack speed perk.webm (3 MB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
with attack speed perk.webm
3 MB, 1100x618
>>340394880
>>340394773
i'll upload the perkless webm after this match
>>
>>340396043
No man, you should be moving forward whilst missing. You do notice it better that way.
>>
>>340395020
>i can hear a uninjured survivor breathing in them from like 10m away.

Is that a perk or?
>>
>>340396386
No, every survivor breathes like a train when they're inside the closet.
>>
File: without attack speed perk.webm (3 MB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
without attack speed perk.webm
3 MB, 1100x618
>>340396119
fine i'll try that next but i'm not optimistic
>>
File: 1344044254297.png (57 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1344044254297.png
57 KB, 205x205
>>340396043
>>340396740

I could have sworn I saw animations smears in that swing
>>
>>340396119
>>340394880
>>340394773
I'm not seeing it m8 and i have a stronger version than you.
>>
I think a proximity based text chat would be interesting. Basically survs can chat when they're close to one another but the killer can also see the chat box when they're within a certain distance
>>
>>340397773
cyka blyat
>>
File: Lunge Attack.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Lunge Attack.webm
3 MB, 900x506
Reminder to avoid using the basic attack whenever possible and to always use the Lunging attack since it rarely misses.

any idea why i didn't need to wipe my blade on the first hit here?
>>
>>340398234
What lunging attack? Is this bait?
>>
>>340398383
Hold LMB memeboy.
>>
File: Charge Attack.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Charge Attack.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>340398383
the second attack in that webm, or the only attack in this one.
>>
>>340398424
This game really needs a controls page, the settings don't tell you shit.
>>
>>340398494
Not to mention tutorials do not work for me
>>
>>340398745
Tutorials leave a lot out too.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (130 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
130 KB, 500x500
>save a guy with flashlight
>end up being left on the hook because 1 guy plain disconnected at match start
>>
File: Survived.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Survived.webm
3 MB, 900x506
AlcoholicPhoenix you are a fucking cunt
>>
>>340400121
Haha
>ballin
>>
File: Saitama ok.jpg (42 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
Saitama ok.jpg
42 KB, 630x630
>destroy all hooks outside
>get dragged to rape cave
>guys come to help me
>unhooks me, but gets downed himself
>"I HAVE A FLASHLIGHT JUST FOR THIS OCCASION!"
>flash it DEAD IN KILLER'S FACE
>he just slashes at me, doesn't even drop the dude
Now that was fucking horseshit.
>>
>>340400121
That faggot is giving us good Jake players a bad name.
>>
wew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6CLPVXemCw
>>
>>340401997
i love this, cracks me up so much when it happens.

posted this up this morning. panicy survivors are fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByRZ3C2EuM

i didnt know about the bleed out mechanic so i could have killed all these faggots but instead i tried to hook them all
>>
File: Flashlight OP.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Flashlight OP.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>340405515
>>340401997
>>
>>340404835
I was crossing my fingers and hoping you saw that trap. Nice jukes friend.
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (109 KB, 1271x496) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
109 KB, 1271x496
>>340407848
>upload screenshot
>notice someone commented on one
>its some faggots alt account from an hour ago
>gets salty because i put le in labeouf to troll edgelord faggots
>didnt think he would get this mad
>LE LE EL comment on every picture

>mfw i have no face

Ive never seen so much salt.
>>
>>340408729
Did not mean to reply to
>>340407848
>>
>>340408729
>Don't you have anything else to play?

Well
Do you?
>>
>>340408729
kek
I do wish there was a chat box after the match for poking fun at the loser(s) if they're still around.
>>
>>340409157
Why is that an issue? Ofcourse i have other games, just because i dont buy all my games in steam like im some sort of autist.
Ive never had anyone tell me "you dont play enough video games" Its not even an insult and he acts as though it is.
>>
>>340401997
Flashlight is pretty much guaranteed retard bait, you feel like one of those dumbasses in a slasher movie who thought they stopped the killer
>>
>native res is 5760x1080
>game doesnt scale well to this at all
>no option to change res in game
>have to go to control panel and turn off surround, messing up my monitors, just to play

Also whats the point in giving me 3 beta keys if i cant lobby with people? I cant even make a full private game with those.
I also understand why there wouldnt be chat in the game but that still blows, maybe make it so only incapped players cant chat? Wouldnt really put killer at disadvantage if people with full health could chat, especially if the killer could see chat as well, as typing would leave a player vulnerable.

And why are the descriptions for items so shit? I dont know what anything does. Are slot items just one match use?
>>
>>340410385
Add-ons for killer are one match only

Add-ons/Items for Survivors are retained if they survive or lost if they die (Medkits seemed to be consumed regardless if you use them at all in my experience).

Offerings are single use but they aren't guaranteed to effect your next match, they'll only be applied and thus used up if you see them burnt in the pre-game offering burning thing.
>>
>>340410626
Are medkits one time use? I found one in a chest one round. Used it to heal myself once, but when i tried to use it on an injured player, no prompt came up and my character was still holding that kit. I could tell the player i was trying to heal was probably screaming obscenities at me.
>>
>>340411005
medkits have 'charges' just like toolboxes.

in order to repair using a toolbox or heal using a medkit you have to use M2 to repair/heal, not M1.
>>
>>340410385
You can still play the private game, four people is just the magic number for groups of friends I guess. They're supposedly working on implementing a matchmaking system but we don't even know if it'll be implemented in the beta.

Chat would give survivors a very distinct advantage since they could communicate globally the killer's position.

for survivors
tools/add-ons stay with you if you escape without having used them all the way up. If you die or use the tool all the way up the tool along with the equipped add-ons disappear.

Offerings are one time use items that are discarded at the beginning of the match to bestow an effect on you for the duration of that game

Perks are permanent, you don't lose them even if you die.

For killers

add-ons last for one match regardless of the outcome

Offering and perks work the same.

>>340411005
It's best to not use the medkit on a fellow survivor anyways, self-heal is much more important since it's exclusive to the medkit. You can heal someone else without one. They aren't one use, they work on a "charge" system. Use over time depletes charges, once it's spent it's gone.
>>
>>340411114
>>340411151
How do you gain charges?
>>
>>340411594
every item comes with charges that are consumed as you use it.

all items have full charges at the start of a match

you don't gain charges
>>
>>340383609
For a nice trade off i would make the killer or the survivor have a sound queue if the hatch is out and present. Have the survivor start feeling confident with small bursts of "Yes" or "Im gonna live." For the killer just have it laugh manically.
>>
>>340411594
You don't. Your item starts with a set amount of charges which you use throughout the course of the game as you see fit. There are add-ons that allow you to start the game with more charges but no way to re-gain lost charges during the game. If you get out with the tool still intact then in the next match it will start with it's normal charges.

To add on to add-ons, occasionally during the glitched matches with more than 4 survivors, your add-ons will be burnt regardless of the outcome so beware.
>>
File: I tried to save them.jpg (252 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
I tried to save them.jpg
252 KB, 1920x1080
So has anyone got any ridiculous scores? This was my best game to memory. Ended up getting 12000 points in altruism and escaping through the hatch. First guy got hooked in the basement so I couldn't save him, other two just kept getting whacked after I unhooked them. Frustrating but that's how it goes I guess.
>>
just finished uploading

[YouTube] Dead By Daylight Gameplay - Trap Management (No Commentary) (embed)

Meant to show how you should be pro-active with traps and that you can still kill people without locking eyes with your hooked survivor and going afk.
>>
>>340414275
just paste the link, it embeds itself.
>>
File: State.jpg (11 KB, 509x216) Image search: [Google]
State.jpg
11 KB, 509x216
>>340414275
>>340414324
oh no
fucking embedded links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aPlWEQmCDw
>>
Can anyone spare me a beta key?
>>
>>340414676
yea
>>
>>340414765
Thanks senpai, appreciate it
>>
>>340414676
Sent ;)
>>
Any tips as the killer? I fucking suck dick as him.
>>
File: 1438791753574.jpg (248 KB, 2000x2105) Image search: [Google]
1438791753574.jpg
248 KB, 2000x2105
>>340416941
patrol generators
put bear traps down at EVERY fucking vaultable object - survivors are scum and will try to juke you with them
hook someone and put a bear trap underneath them
predict a survivors movements while they run
>>
>>340416941
Use your traps
Hold M1 when attacking
Don't camp hooks
Trap spots that survivors like to run to to get away from you
Trap grassy areas close to generators
Use the basement whenever possible
Don't be afraid to make bold predictions, they tend to pay off pretty well.
Seriously, use your traps.
>>
>>340414676
I could, but not til i get off work in...6 hours
>>
>>340411151
You should use actual medkits (Not the little camping ones) on survivors who got hooked. It resets their hook stage, so if they were at the part where they had to mash spacebar they won't die instantly when put on a hook again.
>>
>>340418324
That's good to know, I'll keep it in mind for the future. Still, if they've just been slashed then I'll just heal them with M1, no point in wasting charges on stuff that isn't exclusive to the item.
>>
>>340416941
First thing, if your near the basement then set traps around the window. I will usually set 2 traps, get a third and then start hunting. Watch and follow scratch marks. Don't camp hooks. Leaving survivors in an injured state is good early on as they'll make noise and will be easy to find later. If you got the basement trapped up, I bring anyone I get toward the basement even if they will escape because if you get them down again you should be able to get them there and if not you can lead them in the area. Eventually you'll trap them.

The first two generators don't matter. You need to be getting someone before the third generator or at least slow them down. The goal is to not let them escape. Not kill them all.
>>
File: killer.png (271 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
killer.png
271 KB, 680x497
got three spare keys

simply check out my Dead By Daylight vids, like and subscribe for a key! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtM3wV-CWuNvS15NG7tuPjw

no but seriously i'll give anyone who responds to this post a key if they provide contact info but i'd appreciate the views/feedback and i can easily send you the key if you message my youtube account
>>
>>340416941
>If you see somebody pulling their friend off a hook and you're close enough to stop them, don't. Run up and wait for them, then immediately smack the hooked survivor and put him back on because multiple hookings speeds through their bleedout
>Abuse altruism
>Place traps under hooked survivors, and camp loosely. You want survivors to feel like they have an opportunity to free their friend
>Trap the shack. Do it as soon as possible
>Don't be afraid to drop survivors on the ground. They take a lot longer to get up then it takes to get off a hook. Survivors patting each other on the backs and healing up are survivors that are being useless while you are dealing with their friends
>If you're getting juked through a building you didn't trap ahead of time, just leave them. You are wasting time doing this
>If you run into the toolbox patrol, keep in mind that they are 100% guaranteed to become extremely cocky. Remember that survivors win and lose on an individual bases, not as teams
>Try to keep survivors away from densely packed generators, that way if things aren't going so smoothly and they're getting gens going, the final generators will all be close together and easy to patrol
>Don't underestimate how chickenshit most survivors become if you're even within the general area of them. Heartbeats area stressful, especially if they don't see you
>Always be looking ahead of survivors you chase. If you see they're coming up to a pallet, you should already be moving to intercept. You should always be looking for opportunities to cut survivors off
>If other survivors are bothering you while carrying somebody, or just aren't even trying to be sneaky, drop that fucker and go chase them instead
>The first survivor you find and how you deal with them will greatly affect the flow of the game
>>
>>340420374
Ran out of room but had one more.
>Note the silhouette of hooks in the distance. Normal hooks are on a beam angled upward, while broken hook beams are horizontal. It's important to identify if people are breaking hooks as soon as possible to deal with it
>>
>>340419603
[email protected]

need a key for my friend.
thanks, might even sub
>>
I have 2 keys to give out next two people who post their email address gets them
>>
So what prevents me from buying the deluxe version, getting the 3 beta keys then getting a refund?
>>
>>340420558
sent ;)

i got them a few days ago, post back if you can affirm they still work.
>>
>>340419603
[email protected]
>>
>>340420636
If you refund then they take away beta access. You're not the first to try.
>>
>>340420636
The keys are easy to get.
>>
>>340420964
You are missing the point, i wouldnt use the main account just the beta keys then just refund later since i wouldnt have clocked the 2h limit for refund
>>
>>340419603
1 key left
>>
>>340420789
it worked, thanks.
subbed to your channel in return.
>>
>>340420572
I still have 2 keys
>>
>>340422370
rubberbhand@gmail
thanks mr. not troll
inb4 sent
>>
Im having fun with the beta but im starting to seriously wonder if this game will stay fun for long enough to justify the purpose.
These single scenario games always seem to suffer the same fate.
>>
>>340422518
you mean like evolve?
>>
File: playtime.png (25 KB, 241x107) Image search: [Google]
playtime.png
25 KB, 241x107
>>340422518
>>340422637
i really enjoy it
>>
>>340422476
Sent ;)
>>
>>340422637
Yup.
Unless they can find a way to keep it fresh with other scenarios or some kind of gameplay twists, not sure what those would be though.
>>
>>340422756
received ;)
thanks anon
>>
>>340422637
Evolve cost 60$ and had DLC shit ready at the gate and proudly announced, along with a "hunting season" pass. Plus it forced the monster to be a total pussy. At the very least DBD only costs 20$ up front.
>>
>>340422370
1 key left who wants it
>>
>>340422370
rollin' for a key
[email protected]
>>
File: dbdtp.png (9 KB, 643x141) Image search: [Google]
dbdtp.png
9 KB, 643x141
>>340422719
I'm enjoying it as well, but I'm still somewhat concerned. That said I'm planning on buying the game once it comes out, I just hope it won't be dead in a month or so.
>>
>>340422958
im aware, but even then evolve didnt had replayability to maintain a constant userbase, let alone to become an "e-sport" like they wanted. Which is what i think the other guy wanted to express when he compared it to evolve
>>
>>340422958
Yeah, but i wasnt really referring to cost or dlc jewing. More about getting bored of playing the same scenario over and over.
At best it seems like i game id play a round or two of every now and then.
But youre right, because of its price, i think itll be worth it.
Just hope they plan to add more than just maps and characters.
>>
>>340423253
It's a casual game and its in the horror genre. Perfect for new people to join in later unlike evolve.
>>
>>340423035
Sent :)
>>
How does the game calculate the deviousness score?
>>
>>340419603
[email protected] liked and subed :)
>>
>>340423654
but not to maintain interest, you will play as long as you're interested, a day or two then be done with it
>>
>>340423441
It's a beta with one map and killer you moron. The full release should at least double your play time
>>
>>340419603
>came into thread too late
fuck me
>>
>>340423758
Yes, its a casual game. That's exactly how you should be playing it.
>>
>>340423994
thats 48 hours then?
We're talking about if the game will survive more than a month after its out, not because it is bad but because it gets repetitive fast
>>
What button to fistfuck Dwight?
>>
>>340424135
It's a casual game. You play for an hour then do something else. You don't need to grind for hours and hours for progress.
>>
Having really shit matches today.

Lost items even though I escaped.

One never loaded in.

Another randomly went to the escaped screen within the first minute of the game. Lost my items.
>>
File: deadbydaylight_infographic.jpg (2 MB, 616x1940) Image search: [Google]
deadbydaylight_infographic.jpg
2 MB, 616x1940
>>340424119
just gave away my last key

best of luck next time friend
>>
>>340424424
Welcome to the grind.
>>
>>340423673
Thanks anon.
>>
>>340424135
48 hours for $16 is good. If the game cost more than $20, I wouldn't consider buying it.
>>
DEWD WHAT THE FUCK

I keep randomly going to the escape screen mid match.
>>
>>340424882
48 hours for $16 sounds good, at least if you dont plan on playing it later when the multiplayer is dead
>>
>>340425304
I think that means the killer left
>>
>>340425497
This is fun.
>>
>>340425304
your killer was a salty bitch
>>
>>340425449
You only need 4 other players and unlike evolve, it doesn't cost $40. This game will be popular with streamers and youtubers so there should always be fresh blood joining as well as people getting their friends to play.

I've played many "dead" games. I'm pretty sure you'll always find 4 for at least a year.
>>
>>340425670
please lads
>>
http://beta.deadbydaylight.com/saveme/7728c6fce78fac33e1e25029747ff725

click this for me :V
>>
>>340426439
Needs 2 more.
>>
>>340425304
You dunked the killer too hard so he quit. Usually happens when someone on your team finds a toolbox and takes all the hooks down.
>>
>that moment when youre sure the killer sees you in hiding but walks right past you
Ive never laughed so much while shitting my pants at the same time.

Also fuck skill checks, hard to keep your eye on it while hearing thunderous heartbeats, loud scary scores of music, and trying to keep an eye out for the killer.
>>
Full lobby.
One guy wont ready up.
At least one sperg that can't wait 60 seconds joins and leaves repeatedly.

This is my favorite feature.
>>
>>340427729
i did that in evolve beta, would queue up and if i got the monster i would quit at the last second killing the lobby
>>
How does this ranking work?

Killed one guy.
One disconnected.
Then the remaining two quit shortly after.

I deranked, assuming because of the low points?
>>
>>340428338
>>340428338
yep, you have to get over a certain threshold of points just to retain your rank, then even more to improve it.
>>
I feel like chainsaw man will be the worst
>>
>>340413828
You tried when you didn't have to and your points reflect that. Being a hero may get you killed, but that isn't such a bad thing when you get points for altruism, boldness and struggling.
>>
>>340428586
I try to play the "no man left behind schtick", usually at my own expense but it's very satisfying when it works out.
>>
>>340427729
They need to allow a vote to force ready. It'd force 2/5 fags to either ready up or fuck off.
>>
If the map showed the hatch it'd be useful.
>>
>>340392629
Original anon, here

They tooboxed all my traps and literally spent as much time as possible fucking around after. They found and tried to bait me to hit EVERY SINGLE PALLET in the stage. I didn't ragequit because I'm not a faggot, but if you do that shit then you are a faggot.

>HUEHUEHUE LOOK HOW FUNNY AND CLEVER I AM HEUEHUEHUE HE CAN'T QUITE GET IT HEUHUEHEHHHEE HE'S FALLEN FOR IT AGAIN MAY'T

It wasn't a "simple teabagging" or whatever other stupid shit was said. It was flagrant faggotry and I should have Alt+F4'd
>>
>>340428546
Wraith looks like it will be the worst. Hillbilly gets a ridiculous lunge with the chainsaw that looks extremely useful.

Wraith gets invisibility, except he announces every time he goes in and out of it with his bell, and it has an animation attached to it as well. He's also not completely invisible either.
>>
>>340429305
Just go still and wait. Ten bucks says someone will come close and give you a chance to whack them.
>>
>>340429305
Just spend the time to smash the pallets then. You'll get points out of it and if they run into the area to try and juke you again you can give them a nasty surprise.
>>
File: 20160603051215_1.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160603051215_1.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
>>340428919
What's your rank? Altruism points can make it rise even when you die. Also, I try to do that too, but sometimes survivors are incapable of surviving even after you rescue them.

This screenshot haunts me still. My back is directly to the gate I opened, and she had almost made it when he got her.

He put her on the hook you see right there, and camped her. I refused to leave and juked him as best I could with the one wooden pallet, but he wouldn't let me close enough. To my regret she died struggling and I escaped with a heavy heart.

Added me after the match though and told me "You got balls man". I felt good that I made an effort. Never give up your morals mate.
>>
>>340429468
My money is on the wraith's de-cloaking ability getting perks to speed up, like how the trapper gets perks to speed up his traps.
>>
>>340429547
Good idea. I was able to almost get Claudette a couple times but I was surprised she got so close and barely missed.

>>340429556
Can't smash them until they're down, and she was intentionally not downing them until I was right on her. She was literally only doing it to fuck with me before she left. She got 60,000 Bloodpoints at the round's end.
>>
>>340393774
Surprised they didn't up it to perma. I did that kind of appeal once and that happened
>>
I was a killer and I somehow glitched through the level when i was about to strike somebody.
>>
>Starbreeze

I like this game. I would like to buy this game, but I don't trust them. It's a fun game, I basically only play survivor. What should I do?
>>
>>340430167
It's 20 dollars anon, do you not have a job?
>>
>>340429658
I got rank 8 last night before I logged off. It's a pain to maintain though, a lot of the killers I play against leave once they see how many hooks I've sabotaged. And that's rough man. Worst I had was the game from the screenshot and another where the game gltiched and I got the guy off of the hook but for some reason it still counted him as on the hook and dying but I could no longer interact with him. Killer came back so I fucked off but I felt bad.

Then there was the time where both of my teammates were sitting next to an exit that hadn't been opened yet. I walked over to them to join them and didn't realize they were both right next to a trap. Got caught in it and the killer wasn't nearby, but they both refused to even move. Got unlucky with the struggles and killer came and scooped me up. The instant he turned around to take me to a hook they both left their corner and opened the exit and promptly left. It was the most infuriating thing I've witnessed in the game.
Still escaped since I'd broken all of the hooks in the area which gave me enough time to wiggle free but it was still a dick move on their part.
>>
Question: with the flashlight, do you aim it at the center of the screen or do you try to follow the light stream i.e. to the right of the screen?
>>
>>340430167
It's 16 bucks, if you buy it and it goes to total shit it ain't the end of the world, but it's probably better to just pay 20 later when you know it isn't fucked. Also Payday 2 is the only game that got fucked with DLC and it seems that it was more 505 Games, the other publisher, that were the Jews than Starbreeze.
>>
>>340430270

>wah you have a job what does it matter jus buy it its only 20

It's not the price, dude. The price doesn't matter. It's Starbreeze. I don't want to waste money on a game dude
>>
File: fro.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fro.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
What patterns or traits have you noticed in certain survivor players?

I've rarely seen a Dwightstache who isn't eager to heal or rescue you, although often getting himself killed for it. It makes me sad when they rescue me from a hook, he gets hooked, and the killer camps him.

Jakes love to hide in grass and will always run away from me if I come near. I guess because "dude you'll ruin my camo!". Jeez. Sorry.

Megs are either useless cannon fodder or jukemasters, there is no inbetween.

Claudettes are the most inconsistent for me, but the only thing they seem to share is that if a generator blows, they'll bolt like a startled rabbit.
>>
>>340422518
There's only 1 map in beta and 1 killer, it's going to obviously feel stale after a while.

When more maps and killers make it in along with some more perks and maybe items, it'll be easily 100-200 hour game. It's just 20 euros too.
>>
>>340430685
>Jakes love to hide in grass and will always run away from me if I come near. I guess because "dude you'll ruin my camo!". Jeez. Sorry.
Yeah this is me.
>>
File: blinded by the light.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
blinded by the light.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>340430331
>letting people wriggle free
>ever

how are there still so many awful Killers?
>>
>>340430685
>Claudettes are the most inconsistent for me, but the only thing they seem to share is that if a generator blows, they'll bolt like a startled rabbit.

Only to quickly sabotage any nearby hooks just in case the killer does come over here. Then I'll come back and re-join you if you stay on it. Now if it was you that did it, and then you do it again, I'm leaving because the killer is 100% coming here now.
>>
>Survivors gain the ability to lie down as if downed, without the grunts of pain (unless injured)

I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to do this.
>>
>JOIN A LOBBY
>Failed to join the game
>JOIN A LOBBY
>Failed to join the game
>JOIN A LOBBY
>Failed to join the game
>JOIN A LOBBY
>Waiting...
>>
>>340431224
Holy shit a webm of a flashlight rescue

This is the only time I have ever seen that before. I thought it was a myth.
>>
>>340431224
I don't think he realized that you have to set people down for the full 30 seconds to reset the wiggle meter. He was taking me to the basement, dropped me for like ten seconds which I used to crawl towards the exit and then picked me back up again. I promptly wriggled free five seconds later and ran like there was no tomorrow. he barely missed right before I got clear, it was a scary ordeal.
>>
>>340431236
>Heartbeat audio cue begins
>lie down in grass
>literally invisible

gee maybe for balance reasons?
>>
>>340431224
>point flashlight dead on killer's eyes
>he turns directly into it
Welp
>>
>>340379301

>People actually believe that devs will stop hacking
>People actually believe that the new killers after launch won't be paid DLC

Enjoy your cancer.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.