[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12
File: Pokemon MMO.jpg (481 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon MMO.jpg
481 KB, 1440x810
How would you innovate the games & give them a new coat of paint?

>full 3-D battle allowing you to see both the trainers & their pokemon battling it out in real-time

>less focus on story and more on exploring a giving region

>make bonding with your pokemon give boost such as more agility or speed
>>
Create Pokemon ecologies.

If you want to catch a certain Pokemon, you need to know much more about its habits and territories, the routines it goes through during the day and night. Your presence impacts these ecologies as well, depriving an area of its predators or prey will affect the other Pokemon in the area.

Wait I'm thinking of what I want them to do to Monster Hunter, nevermind.
>>
File: Dere Dere.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dere Dere.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>340377538
So Freedom Unite pokemon-edition

I like it!
>>
Just give me Pokemon Snap 2.
>>
>>340377197
>make bonding with your pokemon give boost such as more agility or speed
That's Amie. Alternately, that's the leveling system.
>>
add dating
>>
File: 1465136226510.png (284 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
1465136226510.png
284 KB, 650x600
>People who literally want real-time combat

Pokemon has a lot of flaws but its battle system isn't one of them
>>
I would appreciate one where your actions aren't so globally important.

Like shit give me a simpler story where there's things at stake not as grandiose as the fate if the world or whatever. Some plot where it's reasonable for you not to do exactly what is demanded of you.
>>
File: Consider_the_following.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Consider_the_following.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>340377197
MAKE
POKEMON
NI NO KUNI
>>
>>340381114
>>340381248

this just the same pokemon with trainer romance and bonuses related to that.

if you romance the tomboy, you get to replace your pokemon ability with her special one if you wanted to and such

also base building.
>>
>>340377197

pokemon srpg with better balancing and don't allow conquest team to touch it
>>
>>340381583
All Conquest needed was for Pokemon to know at least 2 moves and an actual postgame that didn't consist of "Do 4-6 Template Missions with every single character and then get a slightly more difficult version of the Main Campaign only now you have Nobunaga with you."
>>
its best to just leave all the genre changes to spinoffs.
>>
>>340381413
God no, Ni no Kuni was terrible.
>>
First change is to stop making the games for the 3DS because it looks like shit. I understand Nintendo practically owns them, but would it kill them to release something for PC or a home console? A full-fledged Pokemon game with graphics that don't eat ass and something that allows you to add more than one region and increasing the length of the story instead of decreasing it every game?
>>
File: ItJvtJL.png (502 KB, 490x539) Image search: [Google]
ItJvtJL.png
502 KB, 490x539
>Make it so 20% of the gen's pokemon are fucking legendaries
>Legendaries are hidden away in optional and difficult areas rather than shoved in your face during the storyline
>The plot isn't about stopping the crime team of the month from doing something so retarded even 10 years find it stupid
>There is a smug rival and a friendly rival. They are always challenging encounters
>Gym leaders have 5 to 6 Pokemon and are no pushovers
>Hardmode is available, which modifies every trainer encounter in the game, giving them more pokemon, modified movesets and generally higher levels. You can't use items from your bag during trainer battles.
>Secret nuzlocke mode available only after entering a cheat on the main menu. Pokemon who faint in combat see you as an unworthy trainer and leave permanently. The mode can be quit at any time and resumes normal mode.
>NPCs have interesting lore to share rather than bland dialogue
>Secret bases are back, but more customizable
>Gym Leaders actually choose weaker Pokemon adapted to the challenger's. If you return after becoming the Champion, you can rematch them against their main team and they don't hold back.
>As the champion, you can uphold your duties and accept daily challengers with strong, randomized teams
>>
>>340382195

fuck no.
appeal to shitty edgy bitter old pirates will kill the series

I rather they continue to appeal to children and fun as they currently do

go and suck more on tumblr dicks
>>
>>340382273
Make it so 20% of the gen's Pokemon **aren't** fucking legendaries.
>>
>How would you innovate the games & give them a new coat of paint?

>Keep the same style
>Polish the graphics
>Start giving some abilities the proper animation that they need over the lazy edit. Ex: Cut, Scracth, Iron Tail, Arial Ace
>Have animations change from type to type as long as it works.
>Breeding and Feeding can lead to different color pokemon and shiny.
>Breedable ancient pokemon and legendaries, no stat change, to get shiny and color changes.
>Introduce post-game gym trainer fights and elite 4 where they are level 99 and best abilities which reward with money, candy, etc.
>>
>>340382273
Fund it
>>
>>340382357
>Make things look better
>Stop making short games for full price
>Increase value by including previous regions instead of having to force 600+ pokemon into one region
>Appeal to multiple generations of fans

There's no downsides.
>>
>>340382360
This. Even if Gen 6 only had 70ish Pokemon, I'm glad it didn't go overboard.
>Boxarts + Zygarde The Cucked One
>Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion who are all subpar Event Pokemon
>>
File: 1461122556330.png (317 KB, 796x712) Image search: [Google]
1461122556330.png
317 KB, 796x712
>>340382273

>tfw most of these would be easy and cheap to implement
>it will never happen
>>
>>340381248
Tell those faggots to play pokken
>>
>>340382857

Pokken is pretty good, but it's nowhere near feasible to include all of Pokemon's content in there.
>>
>>340382626

>implying one generation won't scream on every social media to appeal to them only or boycott.
>implying extra work won't require them to remove effort from other places, especially gameplay.
>still haven't learn the lesson yet with PC many shitty open world game with mobile-tier gameplay with puddle deep mechanics.

like I said, go back to tumblr or Rust and keep sucking dicks, faggot.
>>
Add a way to progress other than collecting 8 badges, foiling some evil organization's plans, and defeating the champion for the millionth time. Maybe add some Fantasy Life or Rune Factory elements but with a Pokemon twist to them. They've had diversions like beauty contests, berry farming, digging for fossils, etc. but they were never anything more than distractions from the main game. Some of these could have their own stories of sorts or provide alternate paths towards the end game (end game being around the point when you're free to explore the entire world, seek out non-story legendaries, and participate in any battle tower/subway/maison type stuff)
>>
I don't understand the need for real time battles, but I wouldn't mind adding a layer of movement into it such that the game would be along the lines of turn based strategy games where positioning and distance is emphasized.

Put more emphasis on the region itself, such as the individual towns and people, it would be nice for the towns to actually matter and exist outside of being a place that has a gym and a couple of stores. Make it so the towns and people have their own storylines that you can do that have little or no relevance to the main plot.

Revamp the typical structure of 8 gyms, evil crime syndicate, region legendaries and pokemon league such that it's actually a challenging endeavor. Ranges from the gym leaders not being complete pushovers to more involvement between each gym and more shit to do that is required to take down the evil organization of the week. Have this shit alongside my previous point but have it so that it's much more difficult to undertake so it doesn't seem as comically stupid that a 10 year old kid did all this crazy shit that almost everyone can't seem to do.

What >>340377538 said.

Basically, I just want the world to feel more alive.
>>
>>340382273
>Hold Item that can be obtained at least twice throughout the Main Game without a Battle Facility that boosts a Fully Evolved Pokemon's Stats by 20% if its BST is below 500-510
>>
>>340383087
>Nigga what? They'll appeal to everyone.
>Implying that if they skipped one yearly release to make something of this caliber it wouldn't quintuple their sales and allow for more time to make the game great again
>Implying it needs to be open world

Make it so you pick a starting region. Beat the Elite 4 there and move to the next one. Require the trainer to box their pokemon and start fresh in the next region, but have an over-arching storyline to connect everything. Have it set slightly in the future after the events that happened in all of the other games concluded and have the Champion of each region be the protagonist from each generation respectively.

Final battle in a new area where you can mix and match your team from any region and you face off against a competative-tier team.

It's not fucking rocket science. They fucked up in G/S/C by having everything in Johto severely underleveled to allow for the second half of the game in Kanto, but if you're forced to start fresh then you're golden.

Nintendo could literally print money more than they are right now if they did something like this.
>>
>>340382273
Making a hard mode would be great, but items will still need to be a thing considering the opponents use them too.
Also, having a separate save file for nuzlocke runs would be great.
>>
put humans in the human-like egg group
>>
File: image.png (670 KB, 1118x1579) Image search: [Google]
image.png
670 KB, 1118x1579
No more random encounters
Pokemon roam the overworld
When you touch one the game goes to the familiar battle format with the camera over the pokemons shoulder
Areas are large but not necessarily open world
Some rare pokemon will run away but you can tag them with a paintball or something, have your Herdier track down it's scent
Pokemon has an invisible lifebar that goes down the more you throw pokeballs at it
Some pokemon run really fast so you have to lay down traps for it like stealth rocks
You cam blend different jams from berries and use them to bait pokemon

Huge strides have been made in the battle aspect of Pokemon since Gen1 but capturing has remained more or less the same
I want catching them to be a challenge
The tagline of the franchise is "gotta catchem all" for fucks sake
Make rare pokemon rarer
Basically what i want is Pocket Monster Hunter
>>
File: 1458322979674.png (215 KB, 726x533) Image search: [Google]
1458322979674.png
215 KB, 726x533
>>340384620

I would really want a Pokemon/Monster Hunter.

>Set before humans and pokemon got along
>Humans hunt giant pokemon like charizards and shit
>Wear their gear when you kill them

Though I'd wager Game Freak and Nintendo wouldn't be too keen on the violence involved.
>>
File: pkmnDark.jpg (95 KB, 849x849) Image search: [Google]
pkmnDark.jpg
95 KB, 849x849
>a lot more techniques available to your pokemon
>your turn
>choose a tech ("primary" because it's your turn)
>opp chooses a defense/agile/counter technique in the meantime ("secondary")
>action
>you target while opp avoids for about 5 seconds
>special moves always do damage but increase based on how well you targeted
>techniques operate differently depending on whether used as primary or secondary

>overworld training areas where you can attack objects to raise stats

>chances to free fly/swim/race/roam with your pokemon
>>
bestiality
>>
>>340377197
-trainer abilities, like mediums get stab with all ghost type moves regardless of whether or not the pokemon is ghost type and ghost types using ghost type moves get 2x stab, ninjas have a 100% status infliction rate etc

-no story, you just create a trainer in a trainer class and start your pokemon league journey. you can pick up the pokedex if you want but it isn't necessary.

-make some dungeons with rare pokemon and items really hard to survive in and have an online coop function within them so that you can have double battles vs high level hordes in the dungeon
>>
File: 1459348935590.jpg (20 KB, 441x414) Image search: [Google]
1459348935590.jpg
20 KB, 441x414
>>340386312
>>
>>340388561
-have rotating trainers for each route so it stays fresh and their pokemon scale to your level

-trainer levels (just for you) for online ranking dependent on how many battles you have won, eggs hatched etc etc. a higher trainer level replaces the need for gym badges to make pokemon obey

-a rival who falls in with whatever criminal organisation exists in the region and rises through the ranks depending on your level when you decide to fight them (if at all)

-the ability to remove your fucking hat

-branch evolutions depending on how you treat your pokemon. treating an ivysaur well results in a venusaur, treating it badly results in a scary looking venusaur with thorns and a different ability

-inability to use fire pokemon while surfing, unable to use flying pokemon in caves (and others or all are seriously nerfed) so that terrain actually matters outside of abilities
>>
>>340382273
Champions Challenge would be a nice post-game option where you as the Champion have to take on challengers.
>>
File: 2fa.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
2fa.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>340389135
>>340388561
fuck man, these sound really good
wish this game existed
>>
File: breeding.png (82 KB, 3216x2304) Image search: [Google]
breeding.png
82 KB, 3216x2304
>>340382534
http://reddit.com/r/crownsgame
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.