[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Successful franchise revivals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1-logo.jpg (55 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
1-logo.jpg
55 KB, 626x352
ITT: Successful franchise revivals
>>
>>340352210
too bad it was shit
>>
>>340352426

Your taste is shit.
>>
>>340352210
Tropical Freeze is a better game.
>>
File: doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
Let's get this out of the way
>>
>>340352868
I still think Returns is the superior game, TF had too much boring levels among a few truly amazing ones. All in all, it is weaker, the slow pacing and overly too long (bad) levels makes me avoid replaying it.
>>
>>340353436
I didn't think any of the levels were boring outside of the rocket barrels and Shoal Atoll.
>>
File: Shaowarir.jpg (152 KB, 426x600) Image search: [Google]
Shaowarir.jpg
152 KB, 426x600
I think the 2013 Shadow Warrior reboot did pretty good in rebooting the franchise.
>>
>>340352210

>Health
>Every bonus stage is the same
>Can't swim

It was enjoyable, but the originals are still king
>>
>>340353630
Water/swimming levels, most of fruit world and autumn world levels... I just can't replay those.

Savannah island was the greatest thing in this game though. Absolutely 10/10 design, pacing and music.
>>
>>340353971
>hey, we want to swim
>Tropical Freeze water levels

I regret so much about ever wanting that. Why couldn't it be like the originals? The analog crap is inaccurate as fuck when you wanna go faster.
>>
>>340353971
>>340352210

Also:
>Shake to roll

I mean, that alone makes the 3DS version the only version to play.
>>
>>340354482
If, like any reasonable human bean, have a modded Wii, you can use a code to map shake to a button.
>>
>>340354140
Really? I thought the Savannah world was weakest outside of the first four levels. Juicy Jungle and Autumn Heights are best, outside of maybe Harvest Hazards and Mountain Mania.
>>
>>340352868

That's not what's being compared here. For all intents and purposes it was a...."successful franchise revival."
>>
>>340355084
When I tried to do that, I found it completely impossible to do that with anything other than a classic controller, something I never bought because why the fuck would I buy that if I have all of these gamecube controllers sitting arund
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.