[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
So how is it?
>>
same problems as the first with worse writing
>>
gorbage game that fell for the open world meme, just like mgsv.
>>
>>340328089
>problems
Story/characters and combat are irrelevant. All that matters in an ME game is the potential of speed-running, and MEC provides that in spades in the Dash modes alone.

So it's a 9/10 for fans, and shit for anyone else who doesn't get excited at the prospect of constantly replaying sections/levels to get the best times.
>>
Utter trash complete letdown bad writing and story shit combat fucking red line would avoid I havent played it myself and I never will.
>>
im in the beta , feels better than the first but its more of the same , iv only played 1-2 hours of it.
>>
File: 1456892841985.png (14 KB, 364x322) Image search: [Google]
1456892841985.png
14 KB, 364x322
>>340328345
>it's a 9/10 for the fans
I love this meme
>>
>>340327447
Played the first 6 hours through origin access. I like it. The story writing and voice acting suck so far but it plays like a better version of the original. My only complaint with the gameplay is how easy the combat is. You can't guns anymore (at least not as far as I got) but just running round kicking people is way too easy. You literally cannot get shot whilst you're going fast.

If you loved the first one, as I did, you'll love this one too.
>>
why is her chin so big
>>
About 2 hours in and I have no fucking clue what the plot is or who these people are. Also the city design is shit it looks like random shit thrown everywhere there is no roads or tree are roads leading into buildings. I wish there were "levels" like the first game but it's just an open and barren rooftop jumping sim.
>>
>>340330601
She's canonically transgender if you listen to the radio logs in the game
>>
>>340330847
Seriously?
>>
>>340330847
Sweden strikes again!
>>
>>340331623
of course not
>>
Linearity made mirrors edge great. The developers were great at laying out interesting routes for the player to parkour. Is that even possible in a big open world? Did they manage to do so?
>>
>>340332808
The level design seems on par with what was in the original.
>>
>>340327447
>Having to ask about the quality of an EA AAA title

I'll give you two guesses.
>>
>>340328345
>e potential of speed-running
>So it's a 9/10 for fans

yeah especially since you have to unlock the ability to go fast through a grindy leveling up mechanic

the game is shit bro no one is buying it
>>
>>340327447
Denuvo wins again. Suck it pirates!
>>
>>340334075
You're gonna have all the skills before you finish the story and start caring about times anyway.
>>
Its out?
>>
>>340334278
or they could have just given you access to all the skills at the beginning
there is literally no reason for it (like most of the shit they added to this game)
>>
>>340334287
It comes out tomorrow in EU. It's already out in US.

>>340334354
It also makes no difference in the end.
>>
>>340334405
it makes quite a difference actually
the leveling up system on top of the other terrible decisions like the hud, open world, grappling hooks, and cinematic take downs
the game just takes out pretty much everything that gave the first one its charm
>>
>>340327447
is this the xbox one version?
>>
>>340334354
You get all the important shit within the first two hours (wall run, roll, wall run 180 spin, etc). It's to incentivize the player to try out the early main/side missions. Your criticism is irrelevant.
>>
>>340327447
I'm really on the fence of it. I absolutely loved the first one, but the second one is still up for grabs for myself. This is my thoughts so far, and I'm only on a few hours in.

>Level design is on par with the last game.
>Delivery missions get old REAL fast
>I appreciate the idea of free roam, but I imagine it will get tiresome, and I really did enjoy the first one being mission to mission, linear.

Nothing is really hooking me so far. I got the pre-order as a gift, so I'm not personally at a loss, but I feel bad that I asked for a game I thought was gonna be fantastic, only to be a bit underwhelmed.

>I'm not sure though, I might change my mind throughout it. But first impressions, like 4.5/10
>>
>>340334703
>Your criticism is irrelevant.
its really not though
there is no reason at all to have this system in the game
people should have the choice between doing side missions not be forced into them so they can play the game
>>
>>340334734
>Delivery missions get old REAL fast
You may as well be saying
>Driving cares in a racing game gets old REAL fast

If you liked replaying ME over and over again trying to best leaderboard times, you're gonna love MEC.
>>
>>340335569
the level design in the first game was far more interesting though
>>
>>340330847
Stop making shit up
>>
>>340335804
>the level design in the first game was far more interesting though
I think you're confusing art direction with level design. Level design of ME was fine as a first game, but it wasn't anything mind blowing. The Dash runs in the MEC beta were on par with anything from ME imo. Pros can discover mad shortcuts whilst normies can just follow the queues. In any case, level design isn't one of MEC's weaknesses.
>>
>>340335569
I meant more along the lines of none of them are really challenging. You end up with like 10-20 seconds to spare anyways. There's no challenge, it gets old.
>>
Honestly, Hover is a better open world parkour game than ME Catalyst.
>>
>>340334210
>underwhelming sequel to a game that didn't sell much anyways

>Denuvo "wins"
>>
>see shills crying about how reviews don't matter and that 7/10 for an ea game means nothing
>look up user reviews
>average score of 3.7
>the first review that pops up has a 10 and the description of 'im giving it a 10 because of all these negative anti sjw reviews!'
L O L
>>
I feel like there's actually a lot of EA marketers in this game, or at least pleb-taste newfags. Why are people defending this shit? It completely misses the mark in every way compared to 1.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 240x250
>Bland open world instead of interesting well designed levels
>Unlocking the ability to do cool shit instead of having it all from the start

Discarded
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.