[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now the dust has settled. Can we all agree? DaS3 > DaS2 >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 609173.jpg (4 MB, 2768x1557) Image search: [Google]
609173.jpg
4 MB, 2768x1557
Now the dust has settled. Can we all agree?

DaS3 > DaS2 > Demons Souls > Dark Souls > BB
>>
BB > Dark Souls > Demons Souls > DaS3 > DaS2
>>
>>340327079
this
>>
DaS > BB > DaS 3 > DeS > DaS2
>>
>>340326735
Agreed with the op
>>
DaS3>DaS>BB>DeS>DaS2
>>
File: 1463895197368.jpg (109 KB, 533x437) Image search: [Google]
1463895197368.jpg
109 KB, 533x437
Dark Souls>Dark Souls 2>Dark Souls 3>Demon's Souls

Haven't played bloodborne, looks better than all of them though.

Demon's Souls being the best one is just a meme, it's really good but every souls game since has been better, even 2.

3 Is the first one that felt like a rehash, so even with all the blunders i liked 2 more. 3 is probably the most "solid" one though, if we ignore the pvp balance.
>>
File: 1463193914293.jpg (114 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1463193914293.jpg
114 KB, 500x750
I've only played Dark Souls 3 - I thought it was(is) great, will I be disappointed if I go back and play the older games?
>>
>>340327408

Probably not. Except in terms of difficulty, 3 is probably the hardest, except for bloodborne which is about as hard, but also different.
>>
File: idk.jpg (21 KB, 330x318) Image search: [Google]
idk.jpg
21 KB, 330x318
>>340326735
DS > BB > DeS > power gap > DS3 > DS2

>tfw PCucks only got one good From game
>>
das3 is honestly worse than das2 in every category other than bosses. even in weapons, dark souls 2 is better with no weapon arts
>>
>>340327079
Fucking this or more like

DeS=DS=BB
>>
File: 1463400208472.png (173 KB, 2048x2103) Image search: [Google]
1463400208472.png
173 KB, 2048x2103
DeS > DS > BB > DS3 > DS2
>>
>>340327408
You know how people talk shit about 2 all the time? Ignore it. It's actually even worse, people around here hang to the surface problems because they're not able to explain the major flaws at its core. That game is absolutely fucked and better content wouldn't have helped much. Case in point: DLC.
>>
>>340328242

What are the major flaws it its core then?
>>
BB = DS3 > DS1 > DS2 > DeS
>>
DaS > BB = DeS > DaS2 >>>>>>>>>>>> DaS3
>>
>>340326735
Why do you faggots abbreviate it with the a between D and S? I legitimately am confused by this.
>>
>>340328852
DaS = Dark Souls
DeS = Demons Souls
>>
>>340328852

to differentiate between dark souls and demons souls i imagine.
>>
>>340326735

DaS 1 > BB = DaS3 > DeS > DaS2
>>
If you rate BB as anything less than 2nd spot you are literally a pc nigger and have no fucking clue about the masterpiece you missed out on
>>
DS > DS3 > BB > DeS > DS2

Superior covenant stuff and world connectivity in DS1, regardless off the latter half of the game, makes it so fucking memorable and fun to play through, since there's always a bit of a new way through it for every run, and no other entry does this for me. BB and DS3 covenant shit is pretty lackluster compared to even DS2, with BB's attempt being just a shitpile honestly, never saw the point of it. I do however regard every game in the series as great or amazing in their own ways, despite some flaws, even DS2.

Honestly DS2 gets a lot of shit and not much praise for the things it attempted to improve the formula with. A lot of things I noticed in DS3 had already been implemented in 2 but I hadn't noticed or remembered it due to the actual bad parts of it. Worst world design hands down, even beyond DeS which barely had any connectivity to begin with.
>>
>>340327362
Objectively wrong opinion in every way.
>>
>>340327079

The most accurate rating of the series I've ever seen on this sub. The only adjustment I'd make would be BB = DaS, but desu, I'm not even sure of that anymore.
>>
DaS + DaS3 = DaS2 > BB - DeS
>>
File: 1457230495707.jpg (60 KB, 960x944) Image search: [Google]
1457230495707.jpg
60 KB, 960x944
>>340329607
>sub
Stop this. I don't care if it's ironic, it makes redditors think they are welcome here.
>>
>>340326735

Fucking perfect; I igree.
>>
DaS3 > DaS = BB > DaS2
I haven't played DeS
>>
>>340328456
The game is a schizophrenic mess. For example, the main mechanic of the series was rendered nearly useless by a combination of retarded design decisions. First, like every other action in the game, they added a shitload of startup frames. Then they fucked up something fierce in the way the game handles hitboxes, making most attacks unpredictable. Then they mindlessly raised the tracking on attacks until their very last frames to try and counter backstab fishing, to the point where you can't rely on visual clues where the tracking in attacks ends anymore, unlike the other games, making oversized weapons' swings a fucking pain to predict at first. Then they removed most of the delay on turning around, which paired with poor movesets, made circlestrafing and running away and back into the fight extremely more effective than rolling, either away to dodge attacks or into them to position yourself for wider openings.

1/2
>>
>>340328456
>>340332263
Then you also have the Estus changes that amounted to nothing, as you have a huge supply of healing gems as well and you can stack both for a generous healing buffer. And no longer being invincible at backstab while taking 30% or so of the total damage and never breaking your animation. The jump change that made you do short hops at random for no apparent reason. Again, fuckload of startup and also recovery frames on every single action, making reaction blocking impractical, rendering anything but heavy shields worthless and considerably nerfing smaller weapons as well. The damage type tweaks that made anything but Strike awful against armored enemies, in a vain attempt to value oversized weapons instead of tweaking their speed and moveset, which only ended up making the Mace insanely superior to any other weapon around that weight and size. I could go on, even though I dropped it halfway through NG+ at release, but I've already wasted too much time on this rant that you will more likely than not dismiss anyway.

Oh yeah, Agility and Iframes too, but that goes without saying.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.