[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting Game Model
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
Why does Arcs always get the free pass while Capcom ALWAYS gets shat on? I vastly prefer BB and GG to games Capcom has to offer, but come on.

>Revelator comes out
>it is the full price of sixty dollars
>it has not received a balancing patch
>it has two new mechanical additions, one of which is very minor
>handful of new characters
>one of said characters is a preorder bonus depending on the region, meaning some will have to pay for him
>the last one (Dizzy) will probably cost money

How is this okay? If you already mained someone in Xrd the game is 95% the exact same for you, but you'll have to pay an additional sixty dollars just to continue playing with people online.

On the flip side SFV, as boring of a game as I think it is, will have an ingame shop for you to buy colors and new characters. In Revelator you have to fucking pay for the additional colors as DLC.

And this shit happens all the time with Arcs games. Day one eight dollar character DLC or week one/month one. An in game shop that just buys low res art while all the colors are paid DLC.

Again I am not at all talking about their games mechanically. This is a question of payment model. If Capcom was going to make such a small update to their fighting game, it would have been a forty dollar game (tops) plus the option to upgrade for a discounted price if you already had the game. The difference between Xrd and Revelator is smaller than any iteration of SFIV
>>
>>340305130
>>it has not received a balancing patch
On this one, the balance patch will come after Dizzy (so after Evo).
>>
>>340305537
Have they actually stated that? I'm excited to see the changes they make.

>inb4 they buff potemkin

no fun allowed. hopefully jam gets buffed though
>>
>>340305130
>Why does Arcs always get the free pass
That's a laugh. ANYBODY that pays any attention to fighting games will tell you arc are probably the biggest jews in the business.
>>
>>340305954
but they are never treated like that at all. anytime capcom has any kind of negative thing going on with their fighting games, it becomes a fucking internet scandal that invades game news sites and social media. people throw huge fits

Arcs is commonly treated like some kind of hero or savior of 2D fighting games. It is almost impossible to talk about SFV right now no matter where you go
>>
>>340305130
people will pay money for good and complete products even if they cost more
>>
>>340305130
>fucking pay for the additional colors as DLC.
got all the colors in Xrd by unlocks
>>
>>340305130
Maybe because ASW is a small company and Capcom is huge company AND have Sony's support? Plus SF is literally meme fighting game so every normie in the world knows it? So, Sherlock, try to figure why Capcom can give you free characters while ASW can't.

Plus ASW updates are always quite big. New story, new modes, new music, new stages, a lot of refined stuff like new lobbies in Revelator. How can you ignore such improvements?
>hurr durr it's a fighting game nothing of above is matters
Yes. For you. But there're a lot of people who like that shit and it is important for them. A lot of people were into BB just because of VN styled story mode and never actually bothered to learn the game for example.
>>
>>340306231
Between here, eventhubs and srk so far I really only see people complain about capcom, yeah but almost universal agreement that ASW is even worse about dlc. Other places seem to literally only know capcom exists and use their knowledge of Ultra as the standard for how much content SF5 should have by now.
>>
>>340305130
Because Arcsys makes good games.
>>
>>340306231
niche product vs mainstream return of Jesus by capkeks; $60 incomplete buggy online, can't even keep deadlines for dlc, no campaign-story, shitty French models, dumb ui, allow rage quitting, real money system never ever, white washing esports cpt
>>
>>340305817
It's not confirmed but it's guaranteed. Same happened with SIGN.
>>
>>340305130
>it has not received a balancing patch
>it has two new mechanical additions, one of which is very minor
The mechanical changes have worked as a balance patch, so it works

>the last one (Dizzy) will probably cost money
It's already been confirmed that Dizzy will be free at release

>will have an ingame shop for you to buy colors and new characters. In Revelator you have to fucking pay for the additional colors as DLC.
The ingame shop also takes real money, some costumes being only able to buy them with real money. Revelator also has a lot of unlockable colors, the DLC ones are few.

And you're talking only about characters and colors. There are loads of new things in Revelator you're ignoring. The menu has completely been redone. The story mode continues where the previous game left off. The lobby system was completely remade. They've remade a new tutorial. There's an in-game FAQ about various gameplay mechanics or situations. They added mini-games. All the stages were remade. They updated the lightning engine. Elphelt has a new costume.

The reason the games get a pass, relatively to Capcom games, is because of all that stuff. When you boot up the game it actually feels like a sequel, it doesn't feel like you bought DLC for a game you already owned. Meanwhile if you compare Ultra to Arcade Edition, it didn't have much changed, same menu, same lobbies, same everything except two new mechanics and five characters, four recycled from SFxT and one recycling Cammy's model.
>>
>>340305130
I thought SF5s new model was poorly received?
>>
>>340307286
>60$ vs 15$
>>
>>340305130
Arcsys is a small company that doesn't get the budget support that major company like Capcom gets for Street Fighter. People tend to be more lenient on them because of that. The only real issue I see people complain about are the extend versions of the game. Which barely change anything about the game except add one new character along with some new story mode side-stories and balance update which could easily be added as dlc.
>>
>>340305130
Because capcom is big company and hardly anyone cares or knows about arcsys fighters
>>
>>340309784
its arc system works. They always charged a lot for their games. I remember I payed 90 dollars for a japanese version of one of the GG games and all that had was a new character and an extra mode. Welcome to why anime games don't sell well.
>>
>>340306231
People have a hard on for shitting on Capcom.
>>
Only SNK is fair and they went bankrupt, really make you think..
>>
>>340310938
Anime games don't sell well because they are anime games not because of shitty business practices. Anime fighting games have an extra layer of being a weeb magnet while still being a difficult fighting game. Even if every BB or GG game was 60 bucks on release as long as it was crossplay with PC/PS4/PS3 while having same release dates people would pay for it every time. People don't buy the games because Japanese get always 6+ months of arcade playtime compared to westerners and PC players get fucked even harder. That's why they don't sell. No one wants to be part of the "Arcsys loop".
>>
>pay 50 burgers for the digital ps3 version
>get cucked with my download
>doesn't work for some reason and no word from sony or aksys

This is dissapointing.
Anyone else?
>>
>tfw didn't fall for Sfv season pass meme
>>
Where the fuck is Kum? How do I unlock him?
>>
>>340312169
Same thing is happening with me. I'd say just wait. I don't usually see the ps3 psn store update this early in the day anyways.
>>
>>340312647
find her in the PSN. For some reason, I don't connect to PSN in the game.
>>
>>340312169
try from the ps3: downloads, always happens with the web store shit is lame
>>
>Tekken model
>Release first version of the game on arcades
>As people play they balance the game
>Do console content as this goes on
>This all takes about a year or more
>New super duper complete version is out for consoles
>Buy the game only once

That bad part about this is how long console players have to wait for the game especially in the west. Other than that, is this a good model?
>>
>>340312997
No. Game need to stay fresh with balance updates and new stuff. If you only get one version it'll became boring faster.
>>
>>340312997
terrible because good luck competing with Koreans, asw/French bread model of alternating home/arcade exclusives is best
>>
>>340313241
They recently said they would be doing that. Updating it as the game goes along but i don't if that will continue for consoles. Only for arcades i think.
>>
>>340312882
Tried that too.

>>340312747
Glad I'm not the only one, guess its just a waiting game.
>>
>>340309050
It was, it's a freemium dlc scam that they even failed to deliver on.

Capcucks forgive everything they do though.
>>
>game launches complete
>relatively bug free
>all features are implemented and work
>dlc characters are free on release
>actually has an arcade mode
>not rushed out for some gay capcuck tourney
>grinding for unlocks is possible due to realistic conditions not tricking you into paying for it with real money instead
>good netcode
>penalizes rage quitters

This is why it's okay for ASW.
>>
>>340305817
Elphelt buffs, Jack-O buffs, Johnny buffs, Ramlethal nerfs, Potemkin nerfs, and Jam nerfs.
>>
>>340315427
>Jam nerfs

>lol let's make the worst character in the game even worse!

I don't even play Jam and this shit annoys me, ASW are kings of retards when it comes to balance decisions.
>>
>>340315779
pretty sure he was memeing
>>
>>340315779
>>340316156
How could you not pick up on that from
>Johnny buffs?

That is way worse than Jam nerfs.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.