[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I AM CALYPSOOO AND I THANK YOU FOR PLAYING TWISTED MEETAAAAAAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: calypso.jpg (127 KB, 638x435) Image search: [Google]
calypso.jpg
127 KB, 638x435
I AM CALYPSOOO

AND I THANK YOU FOR PLAYING TWISTED MEETAAAAAAL
>>
>>340300717
My favorite ending just because of this scene.
>>
>>340300717
TM2 Calypso is best Calypso.
>>
Why was Calypso a dude, anyway?
>>
>>340302549

Because he's not the greek goddess, just a wizard or some shit.
>>
Alright, I need some opinions.

>Most humorous ending
>Most touching ending
>Most memorable moment from an ending

you can pick from any of the games.

>>340302830
>just a wizard
More like a guy who won a demon's powers in a race after dying in a car crash, but yeah basically.
>>
File: 2119237-0calypsotm2.jpg (28 KB, 436x356) Image search: [Google]
2119237-0calypsotm2.jpg
28 KB, 436x356
>>340300717
>>340301197

>Mfw Sony wouldn't rehire him for Calypso VA after TM4 just because they didn't want any remnant of 3&4 in the games because they were so bad

>Guy still wants to VA Calypso to this day and still has that same GOAT voice

Fuck Sony for dropping him.
>>
>>340303159

I haven't played the series since the first one, Which had him actually have a demon bound to him, which Mr. Ash (satan) takes back in the Darkside ending.
>>
>>340303204
That sucks, he was a god tier Calypso in 2, the voice actor in Head-On just didn't have the same charm.
>>
>>340302549

It might not be his actual birth name. Maybe he just picked that after getting his demon powers.

In the 2012 game it's probably because calling yourself "Satan" would a put a lot of people off.
>>
>>340300717

I just started TM2 and I get rekt. Should I try more? TM4 was my favorite back in the day.
>>
>>340303347
Yeah, that was a relic of the first Twisted Metal, when they were still tossing around ideas. Twisted Metal II retconned it into him winning Minion's powers in a bet after he died and went to hell. There was even a comic about it, and it's referenced in Minion's and Grasshopper's endings.

>>340303435
If I remember the comic correctly, Calypso was the name he used when he was a stunt driver, before his untimely death. He simply took up the name again when he escaped Hell.
>>
>>340300717
Club Kid is literally the best story
>>
>>340303719
When will Mr.Grimm be death again? I know they ruined it with Twisted Metal black by making him a PTSD cannibal soldier.
>>
Why don't you people ever share PSN IDs so you could play Twisted Metal with eachother?
>>
>>340303960
Different universes. Death Mr. Grimm showed up again in Head-On, which is a canonical sequel to TM2.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.