[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This kills the World of Warcraft or is just rats abandoning the ship?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13
File: jayWilsonLeaving.png (33 KB, 586x365) Image search: [Google]
jayWilsonLeaving.png
33 KB, 586x365
This kills the World of Warcraft or is just rats abandoning the ship?
>>
>>340297306
the only ones left are hopeless addicts that think blizzard will actually put effort into the game again
>>
Was he a writer, or somebody who actually matters at Blizzard?
>>
>>340297306
>kills the Wow

Wilson getting fired won't effect shit. If anything, it gives them a chance to save WoW (fat chance) and Diablo seeing as he ruined both of them.

>rats abandoning the ship?
Hell naw m8. They made that fucker walk the plank.
>>
File: 1465273089629.png (320 KB, 731x639) Image search: [Google]
1465273089629.png
320 KB, 731x639
>>340297306

This guy is already a loser, he posted this 4 years ago and time has only made him look like a bigger retard

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-Tells-Diablo-2-Designer-Fans-F-ck-Off-45895.html

>work at blizzard
>shit on diablo 2
>make diablo 3, outdone by a dozen indie studio's diablo clones

I don't know what he did for WOW, never heard of him in relation to the game when I played(mostly up and through WOTLK). anyone got his 'contributions' to wow? bet you hes one of the losers who came in after TBC and ruined the game.
>>
Jay "fuck that loser" Wilson leaving Blizzard is actually VERY good news to all of Blizz's IPs. The guy is cancer, hes the one behind everything that made Diablo III horrible especially the Real Money auction house
>>
He was a horrible game director and not fit for the industry. This is only a good thing honestly.
>>
>>340297306
>writer
>makes 1/10th what a gamedirector does

He was fired or abandoning ship. Either way win/win Neoblizz is cancer.
>>
>>340297306
Isn't he more involved in Diablo 3
>>
>>340297834
He was the director of diablo 3 vanilla.

So yeah nobody important. Also he is probably a really bad writer since he greenlit that story.
>>
>>340297306
It all comes tumbling down...

Tbh, Jay Wilson is one of the many douchebags working at blizzard. After the success got to their heads, EVERYONE of them relentlessly shat on:
>Devs who quit Blizzard
>Devs who worked on successful titles of the past, but left Blizzard
>The community
>People at large

Worst part is they're ALL like that. They are all arrogant pieces of shit who cover for one another. How rlse can they get away with being so condescending and downright rude towards tgeir players with pretty much everything they say ?

I only hope this guy, and especially bashiok (this one is the worst) get shat on for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>340298257
>>340298454
>Jay "fuck that loser" Wilson
>ttp://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-Tells-Diablo-2-Designer-Fans-F-ck-Off-45895.html

Why are they always writers? I don't think I've ever seem main programmer or something shitting on others.
>>
>>340298257
He did some work on titan, wod and was the director for legion which is why all the loot is like diablo now.
>>
>>340299775
Because writers get the 'band vocalist/front man" syndrome. They start feeling like they own the game and the success of the game lies entirely on their handy work (of fiction).

By contrast, a skilled coder gets to work double shifts and produce works of art entirely glossed over because a well-engineered game's hallmark is that you dont even notice it.
>>
>>340299973
>He did some work on titan, wod and was the director for legion which is why all the loot is like diablo now.

wow so he literally worked on everything bad

what about MOP?
>>
>>340299775
Talentless hacks always have an inappropriate superiority complex, and more than anything cannot stand criticism.

Writing has a very low bar to entry and putting words down doesn't take a lot of technical skill, so anyone can call themselves a "writer."
>>
>>340300209
Ghostcrawler was the director for MoP, I'm pretty sure Wilson was still on the D3 team when MoP was in development.
>>
File: 1465223028235.png (345 KB, 718x620) Image search: [Google]
1465223028235.png
345 KB, 718x620
>>340297306
Kills WoW kills fucking DIABLO SOMEHOW.

Gee I'm so sad I'm going...

WHAT A FUCKING LOSER.
>>
>>340297306
>muh diablo 3

besides the RMAH which wasn't even jay wilson's decision, he did literally nothing wrong. ii'm not the person to defend neo-blizzard but i'm sick of this fat fuck being the center of all hate. he got put in charge of WoD and designed shit like customizable garrisons and unique faction cities, then got pulled off and they scrapped everything. he literally did NOTHING wrong and i'm glad he quit.
>>
yeah if blizz was a boat i't would be sinking from all the fucking money on it.
>>
File: autism.png (300 KB, 582x476) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
300 KB, 582x476
>>340300817
>"fuck that loser"
>"shut up pvp guy"
>diablo 3 at launch
>WoD
>nothing wrong
go home Jay
>>
>>340300817
Nothing wrong?

Okay let's see Diablo 1 and 2 were almost horror RPGs with dark girtty atmosphere where horrible things happened and demonic corruption could be battled but no defeated. Humans always had a duality and there was always evil in everyone.

So we went form humans being weak ass shitters that couldn't do shit to.

HUMANS NONO you're just cursed Nephalem the children of Angels and Demaons some of you can go SSJ and be 500 times stronger then any Daemon or Angel!

Oh and Decard has adopted this whiny bitche shes actually a new Vessel or Diablo and you know thats how it goes. Oh no Decard died wow so sad LET'S GO HERE NOW.

Whats that it took you only 5 days to get to max level? Yeah thats intended. THE REAL FUN STARTS WHEN YOU'RE MAX LEVEL.

You get to beat all these mobs that kill you in one shot super fun.

Whats that you can't make it to act 4 on nightmare and only 0,0001% did it? Nono thats intended. You need better gear and raanged characters. Don't play that barbarian, play Wizzard and invest 500$ in gear.
>>
>>340301437
Blizzard seems to have watched a lot of DBZ. Diablo 3 is all DBZ Nephalem. SC2 ending is SSJ Kerigan. I don't know shit about wow lore but I bet thats some SSJ shit too...
>>
File: kamehameha.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kamehameha.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>340301606
>I don't know shit about wow lore but I bet thats some SSJ shit too...

Oh, it is.
>>
>>340299563
>thinking anyone has the authority to question the writing of Metzen
>>
>>340301067
what's the beef with celestalon?
>>
>>340300179
>a well-engineered game's hallmark is that you dont even notice it

this is sad but true
>>
>>340302987
What caused the paradigm shift of the programmers/designers being the focus in favor of writers?

It seems that directors aren't programmers or designers anymore, just writers.
>>
>>340303423
Because they were trying to imitate the movie industry?
>>
>>340297306
WoW has been on life support for years now.
>>
File: fat faggot.png (307 KB, 328x528) Image search: [Google]
fat faggot.png
307 KB, 328x528
>>340302542
He's the guy who fucks up classes and specs (Ele Shaman and BrM Monk are the best examples) beyond inviability and then tells the entire community that they're playing the class wrong when they underperform. He's also behind the ability pruning for the sake of "class fantasy". If you try to explain to him that he's making mistakes, even politely, he'll most likely block you from Twitter. He's a real faggot.
>>
>>340297306
WoW was kill when Ghostcrawler left
>>
>>340303595
I think it might also be the problem that afflicts any nerd hobby.

1. Nerds make company
2. It does well, so they hire non-nerds like lawyers, business managers, etc to handle the not-fun parts of the company and product development
3. Those people end up in charge
>>
>>340303669
I just want to know who the fag was that got rid of my sentry totem more than 5 years ago.
>>
>>340304103
Was probably Celestalon tbhfam, unless there was a different class designer at the time I'm not sure.
>>
Blizzard has a company culture that provide them from improving.

Everyone working there worship gurus, and no critisism can be made. I bet nobody in this company had the guts to tell him that what he done was shit.

He is just another rat leaving the ship.
>>
>>340304621
Isn't their corporate culture basically seniority above everything else?
>>
>>340304324
Ghostcrawler, probably. Nigga already ruined my Boomkins to the point that I prefer playing Huntard now.
>>
>>340305053
That's what it sounds like
>>
>>340297306
>WOW IS TOTALLY DEAD THREAD #3513
>>
>>340297306
It's fucking over, holy shit. Blizzard is finished and bankrupt.
>>
>>340297306
>Jay Wilson

The company is literally better off without him. Notice how Diablo 3 immediately became a decent game when someone else took his place on that team.
>>
Rats have been jumping ship since Ghostcrawler. Good riddance to shit devs like ActiBlizzard.
>>
I find it funny how Ghostcrawler and now Watcher and Celestalon (ie, the people who actually talk) get blamed for everything wrong with the game, while Tom Chilton who is the lead game designer and the person ACTUALLY in charge has gotten off scot free for years because he keeps his mouth shut.
>>
>Jay Wilson leaving is a good thing for Blizzard
>Said the same time that Blizzard integrated their login servers with facebook.

Blizzard used to be so fucking based, now they are just a facade that Activision is using to pretend to make good video games, while trying to milk money from normie faggots.

I hate this fucking planet.
>>
>>340307813
Monkey paw and all that
>>
fuck that loser, good riddance
>>
File: gto.webm (676 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gto.webm
676 KB, 640x480
>>340297306
>resub to wow after a year of not playing because WoD sucked
>all of the guilds on my alts with hundreds of members have nobody online, most people last online 6+ months ago
>mfw uninstalled 1 day after resubbing because I remembered how bad garrisons were
>>
File: 1465287100709.jpg (84 KB, 540x525) Image search: [Google]
1465287100709.jpg
84 KB, 540x525
>>340307813
>Jay Wilson leaving isn't a good thing for Blizzard
>>
>>340307813
Because when Chilton actually opens his mouth it turns into a series of comedy sketches, one bumbling chuckle at a time.

All of Blizzard's games now are sold purely on prestige. Even though Overwatch is a new IP, it still has sold based on the brand alone. The morons that have continued the long standing franchises have buried them into the ground. Rode on that prestige and raped it into $$$$ only.

The problem is, I'm sure that mentality has came from the very top. And dudes who are already riding on other people's coattails and more than happy to be yes-men for the all mighty dollar.
>>
>>340307527
Of course people on the internet will blame public figures, when nobody knows how game development works and yet everyone is an expert on it.
>>
>>340307813
It's gonna sound like blizzdrone shilling but really I don't give a fuck how people log in to the game dude. People already play Hearthstone on their phones, Overwatch on their consoles, etc.. I just know Jay Wilson is the primary cause of vanilla D3 being garbage and the game was largely fixed literally the moment he left.
>>
>People actually defending Jay Wilson now

What the fuck happened to this board
>>
>>340297306
>jay wilson leaving something is a bad thing

fucking kek, they did wonders with Diablo 3 after that fucker left, he was the one making all the shit decisions all along.

fuck that loser
>>
>fucks Diablo up
>I-I am leaving volutarily I swere on me mum

Nah good riddance
>>
File: 1455026640950.jpg (180 KB, 2000x646) Image search: [Google]
1455026640950.jpg
180 KB, 2000x646
This image pretty much explains the process of having jay wilson involved with your games.
>>
>>340308398
Im not saying that.

Im saying that the corruption extends beyond one person. The top 7 people in the company are fueling their coke habits by selling out as hard as possible and shitting out terrible game expansions.

The rest are lackeys that so desperately want to be one of the top 7, they suck that dick so hard.

Jay Wilson was pure cancer, but so are the rest of those assholes.

Morhaime, Fraz, Chilton, Metzen, Browder, Samwise, and Wilson.
>>
>>340303669
Ability pruning is the only thing I can agree with. There were too many samey skills between classes, kinda muddied the waters.

What I don't like is them taking skills that have always been there for all specs for a specific class and tying them to a spec. That shit is dumb.
>>
>>340308996
what a fucking retard has d2 classic at the same level as d3?

Go back to facebook and twitch
>>
fuck that loser
>>
Bring back Ghostcrawler
>>
>>340301606
I am sad Neoblizz turned every story in all their IPs from being aimed at college & post college aged men to teenagers who want an epic feeling every second with 200 explosions going off at all times.
>>
>>340309962
d2 vanilla was the pony rainbow infested equivalent of D3 when compared to Diablo 1.

You are probably too young to remember the whole mess when diablo 2 was released.

you'll just have to deal with it my friend.
>>
>mfw I'm a writer who's worked in game dev

I-Is there an open position now?
>>
>>340297306
FUCK THAT LOSER
>>
>>340310705

Given to opportunity I'd fix the shit writing of blizzard easily.

But anon, I'm sorry, you will never take away Chris Metzen's story lead.
>>
>>340297306
THANK FUCKING GOD. NOW WOW HAS A CHANCE TO BE GOOD AGAIN.
>>
>>340311174
a really, really small chance of being good again
>>
>>340311642

Really, really, really small.
>>
>>340311174
Nope.
>>
File: Follow your dreams.jpg (219 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Follow your dreams.jpg
219 KB, 800x600
>>340312520

Don't be such a negative Nelly.

Anything is possible!
>>
>>340311642
>>340312520
and why not? wasnt jay wilson director of the shit we call WoD? he also directed Legion unfortunately. but since hes gone now there is a chance wow will be great again.
>>
File: Fuck_yall_I_am_the_little_girl.jpg (266 KB, 1099x1649) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_yall_I_am_the_little_girl.jpg
266 KB, 1099x1649
>>340314230

The problems, they are more than one man can cause.
>>
>>340314230
Already went and made Legion before leaving.
>>
>I'm leaving to pursue my original passion, writing.
Can't wait for him to write a shitty book after a year of struggle with "writer's block", go through hundred of agents, find one that will think they'll be able to market that shit on his industry experience, push it out through some shitty publisher like Dark horse, sell less than 3k units, and go work for Gearbox or something.
>>
>>340314230
Because Metzen is still there.
>>
>>340315667

And Kosack, and just about every other C-dev.
>>
Pardo left wow in similar fashion right before WoD, and he actually has a good track record. if Wilson is so jaded by Legion he's getting out of gaming altogether its going to be a goddamn disaster.
>>
>>340315667
Ya but Metzen is cute
>>
>>340317572

Metzen just doesn't care. Back then in the WC II era he did artwork and actually had a bit of creative talent when it came to fantasy.

Now he just does coke and loves silver age comics and forces their wackiness into all his games.
>>
File: Battleborn vs Overwatch pt2.png (267 KB, 582x562) Image search: [Google]
Battleborn vs Overwatch pt2.png
267 KB, 582x562
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.