[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fewer than 0.5% of players actively played Dominion and we’re
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: Dominion-icon.png (135 KB, 231x230) Image search: [Google]
Dominion-icon.png
135 KB, 231x230
>Fewer than 0.5% of players actively played Dominion and we’re aware some number of even that small population is still bots.

What went wrong?

Are MOBA players just so braindead that they can't try something new?

Who else here is the >0.5% who played this?
>>
Dominion didn't really feel as rigid as SR.
But then again, I barely play league if I'm not playing with my friends, so I can't say much.
>>
File: Unella-s5e8.jpg (303 KB, 811x1189) Image search: [Google]
Unella-s5e8.jpg
303 KB, 811x1189
It was just literally shit.
Not fun at all.

Still, the reasoning of these greedy fucks deleting a gamemode is beyond retarded and I can understand the anger of the 0.5%.

They did literlly nothing to support their half assed game mode for years and then argued they need to shut it down because they want to concentrate on other things.
>>
>>340293819
As if positioning in the dota map isn't hard enough that I have to learn a new map.
Also balance.
I'm talking about dota btw, but it should translate well to other assfaggots.
>>
Dominican was fucking boring.
>>
>>340294501
>deleting a gamemode that less than 0.5% of the playerbase played is beyond retarded

Care to explain yourself?
>>
File: header (1).jpg (37 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
37 KB, 460x215
What went wrong?

Are MOBA players just so braindead that they can't try something new?
>>
File: csgo.png (42 KB, 1300x650) Image search: [Google]
csgo.png
42 KB, 1300x650
What went wrong?

Are CS players just so braindead that they can't try something new?
>>
>>340295027
>>340295163
>Valvedrones

I'm seeing a pattern here.
>>
>>340293819
Dominion was a fun gamemode, but it was somewhat unbalanced because most of Riot's attention was put towards Summoner's Rift. I feel that Riot could have put more effort into dominion being a more legitimate gamemode, and that might have pulled more people in. The main balancing issue was that the champions are balanced around SR, so some are insanely overpowered on Dominion while others are useless
>>
File: 1464814995987.png (169 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1464814995987.png
169 KB, 512x384
I probably likeed it more than most people. The quick leveling+instant teamfights made me appreciate some champs that I hated playing in summoners rift. Like leona, she could seriously shut down all the assassins running around dominion.
But I do agree that it had flaws and no support from riot. Which is ridiculous that a company making that much money won't spare the resources to support another mode.
>>
>>340296016

Why waste money on a gamemode that only a negligible portion of the playerbase used? I'm surprised they kept it around as long as they did.
>>
>>340294839
>Release a new game mode
>Provide less than barebones support for said game mode through the years
>Act surprised when few people play it
>Instead of actively trying to make people play said game mode by offering a new wave of support you eliminate it from matchmaking

Riot is just retarded.
>>
>>340295527
The disconnect if you had separate character balance in each mode would be a big issue though.

They already did some of those things with the other modes by giving things like healing reduction debuffs that killed the fun of playing champs that had health steal/vamp/regen.
>>
>>340293819
>Who else here is the >0.5% who played this?
>the >0.5%

Talking about being braindead.
>>
>>340296205
That's backwards logic, the goal is to increase the playerbase of the gamemode by putting actual effort into it, not just deleting something so you can sit on the status quo forever
>>
>>340296276
>Provide less than barebones support

What exactly do you mean by this? How could Riot "give support" to a gamemode? Was there something wrong with it? Was it not whole when they released it? Did it need some kind of maintenance it wasn't getting?
>>
>>340296948

Did you even play the game or are you just asking questions for shits and giggles?
>>
>>340297486

That doesn't sound like an answer.
>>
File: sdf.png (16 KB, 125x80) Image search: [Google]
sdf.png
16 KB, 125x80
This gamemode was fun as fuck unlike SR and the second version they put in a weekend was even better.
>>
File: 1464878543436.png (46 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
1464878543436.png
46 KB, 960x620
>>340297486
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.