[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games have you been playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: 1464927410484.jpg (13 KB, 418x299) Image search: [Google]
1464927410484.jpg
13 KB, 418x299
Played any nice games lately? What have you been playing?
>>
Borderlands 2. I hit 800 hours recently.
>>
File: 1402159342539.jpg (20 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1402159342539.jpg
20 KB, 225x225
>>340261752
I've been enjoying the new Hitman for a week now. Especially Sapienza ist stunning and the most replayable contract in the Hitman series for me.
>>
Overwatch. Like the rest of /v/
>>
>>340261913
For what purpose?
>>
>>340262643
My amusement
>>
Emulating Rune Factory 3 since that's what got suggested in Stardew threads and my god does the time go by fast.
>>
no more heroes. i found it for 8$ at gamestop. it's shite
>>
>>340261752
A couple of offline matches of rocket league.
A bit of Tekken.
AA2.
Divinity: Original Sin.
>>
I played duke nukem 3d and metroid prime 2
>>
File: chaos is real.jpg (1 MB, 1513x2210) Image search: [Google]
chaos is real.jpg
1 MB, 1513x2210
>>340261752
GIVE ME PLATFORMERS TO PLAY
PREFERABLY COLORFUL FLASHY PLATFORMERS BUT I'M OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS
EVEN METROIDVANIAS

I've only been playing Hex: Shards of Fate over the past few days, before that was Grim Dawn. Although I did play a tiny bit of Shantae: Risky's Revenge earlier.
>>
File: 1463213758430.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463213758430.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
4 am thread got deleted, I hereby declare this thread as the 4 am as it is posted within the same hour

So how're you doing tonight, /v/?
>>
>>340263065
ribi rabi
ori and the blind forest
>>
>>340263065
have you played SotN yet?
>>
I've been playing Final Fantasy XII, Overwatch, Civ 5, Wonderful 101, and Spyro the Dragon this past week.
Got my ps2 out a while back to play some of my old games, and it's been under my TV for about 6 months now! Eighty hours in to FFXII and I'm hunting Tournesol ingredients like a madman.
>>340263065
I had this typed up and then the thread was deleted, I thought I might find you here.
>>340262152
>3D, I'm in a playstation mood
Spyro the Dragon, is super cosy, great music, gem collecting is very satisfying. Get all your abilities from the start, just settle in and hunt stuff down.
Ape Escape is funny, sneaky, and gives you plenty of variety with time travelling worlds, smarter apes, cool gadgets etc.
>2D I'm less experienced with, but...
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow for the GBA, my favourite rpg platformer. Super tight controls, collecting weapons and special attacks, gothic atmosphere.
Super Mario World is super obvious, but it's just THAT good, I'm sure you'll enjoy playing it again, and if you haven't yet, look forward to it!
Happy birthday, anon
>>
File: 1455523541335.png (8 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
1455523541335.png
8 KB, 377x326
>>340261752
Been playing geometry wars 3. I was really into before I realised its hard as dick. Currently stuck on the third boss. Playing pacifist while listening to bob Ross is still nice, though.
>>
>>340263110
Poorly. It's my birthday and I am sober. I hope to change this soon since I'm nearly done scraping skub out of my grinder.

>>340263154
Not really looking for bullet hell elements and already played Ori but thank you anyway.

>>340263208
Nope but another anon mentioned it in another thread and I'll certainly give it a shot sometime today I'm sure.

>>340263353
Thanks bro. Glad you're looking out for me.

I actually played Spyro late last year and lost interest around halfway into the second world, unfortunately. I can try again sometime but I don't expect much.
I might check out Ape Escape. I know of it but never played it.
I might check out Aria of Sorrow at some point too but I'll prioritize SotN. Never was able to get into a Mario game heavily (beyond Sunshine when I was a kid). Don't know why but oh well.

Appreciate all the suggestions guys.
>>
>>340263419
Would you say

It's hard as commitment?
>>
Grim Dawn, playing a 2h ranged elementalist
Not too far in but it's bretty gud so far. Liking it a lot more than PoE.
>>
>>340263573
I guess, ya. Depression is a fuck, so im not too motivated to actually see it through to the end.

>>340263110
Depression is a fuck.
>>
Fallout 4 with mods. Actually is bretty gud now with Far Harbour, definitely ambient.

Might keep playing for a few more days before trying something else, maybe Dragon's Dogma on PC.
>>
Diablo 2, as a necromancer
>>
>>340263668
>tfw got several alts and so much going on
>waiting for new patch to hopefully release today
Goddamn I do enjoy the game.
>>
Summon Night Swordcraft Story, Tales of Destiny, Rebirth, Xillia, and Zestiria, Smash bros Melee, Skyrim, and Chulip The Girl of My Dreams.
>>
>>340264032
What do you play, anon?
I need some ideas for alts and don't want to be gimped for the super-late game, whatever it is
>>
I'm on holiday abroad. Took my 3ds and been catching up with Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Shit's comfy.
>>
>>340263535
Spyro has definitely got a big nostalgia element for me, so without that maybe it's aged a bit more than I can tell, heh!

Other anons are right about SotN, too, it's a classic for a reason (Also better music quality than a gba game), but if you like it, AoS should be next on your (Castlevania) list! There are other good games too, mind.

Oh, the original Tomb Raider, and number two (and maybe three) are great, as well, but they're less bright and flashy, more patient and puzzley, so maybe save them for another day, another mood.

>>340263905
Best class
>>
>>340263905
lazymancer or bonermancer?
>>
>>340261752

Been trying to play and enjoy Overwatch, but it is infuriating since I only play solo.

It's one of the more infuriating games I've played in years, actually. I kind of wish I hadn't bought it.

Since I've basically been completely discouraged from playing it, I've instead been playing Doom 64 EX and a few other wads, and I've really been enjoying it.

I just wish I could enjoy Overwatch like everyone else, but it boils my blood.
>>
>>340261752
>>340264463
playing doom 2 for the first time here, only played the first one before
super shotgun is cumming: the weapon
>>
>>340264353
can't be lazy with those curses/ce as summoner :^)
>>
Assassin's Creed Unity
The Witcher 3
Deception IV - The Nightmare Princess
>>
>>340264545

SSG is godlike, and Doom 2 is great in many respects outside of some of the city levels. All the new enemies are fantastic.

Diving deep into wads is where Doom gets the most enjoyment from me, personally. There is some really cool shit out there, and the selection is nearly endless.
>>
Haven't had access to internet for over 4 months. Checked earlier and found new updates for dwarf fortress so i know what I'll be playing in the near future.
Also Age of Wonders 3 on and off as well as a bunch of Thief 1/2 fms
>>
Heroes 3 with Horn of the Abyss
>>
>>340264102
I've got a
>78 ranged dual-wield Fire/Chaos Ammunition Magician
>74 melee dual-wield lightning Spellbreaker that I don't play anymore
>26 Summoner (easy but boring to play)
>fledgling 7 Occultist that I'm going to turn into a melee dual-wield Poison faggot
>42 Cold caster (leveling with Olexra's Flash Freeze and Trozan's Sky Shard right now, will drop OFF for Devastation later on, early game was a joke)
>56 2H lightning-based Warder that zaps everybody with unlubricated lightning bolts
>25 Tanky/Retaliation Warder
>66 melee dual-wield Bleed build (everything but skeletons/Aetherials melt, it's somewhat comical)
>17 2H Physical/Bleed Warder that I don't play that much
>>
File: 1461044008477.png (86 KB, 380x264) Image search: [Google]
1461044008477.png
86 KB, 380x264
I got to the ninja rape cave in Conquest

It looked like bullshit and I wasn't in the mood to reset a dozen times until no one died so I cheesed it with a magic card Ryouma

I almost feel bad about it
>>
DUSTFORCE
>>
>>340264246
I played it a tiny bit as a kid but I never had a console for long amounts of time in my very young days and I never got hooked on Spyro like a lot of people. Not saying it's bad or anything.

Of course. As far as Castlevania goes I sure need to play more of them at some point so SotN and AoS will do me fine for now, if I ever start them soon.

I'll keep Tomb Raider in mind.
>>
>see everyone talking about 999 for years
>zero time escape about to be out
>finally decide to play 999
game is nothing liike what i imagined it to be, but everyone probably feels that way. i only have the safe ending and real ending left to see, the only thing that was spoiled to me was that 9=6 and at this point i don't even know what it means.
is it a spoiler for VLR instead?
>>
Finished MGSV finally after procrastinating it, as a long time fan it hurts. I just have to pretend its not really Metal Gear Solid because it really isnt. Started skipping every cutscene but the minute to minute gameplay is pretty god damn polished and fun.

Just started Arkham Knight because i bought it for a friend to play as he borrows my PS4. Gameplay is alright but deja vu as fuck

Played Journey, was fantastic

Playing rocket league and csgo

Digging out the chipped ps2 i found in the garage to play Yakuza games

its winter as fuck in australia and uni exam period so i got p[lenty to play
>>
File: it`s free!.png (25 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
it`s free!.png
25 KB, 318x318
Blacklight retribution, the first first person shooter i have ever played, i am not much of a fan of this kind of games but...
<<<
>>
>>340261752
Finished Nep RB3 story last night. Honestly surprised they have some post game content this time. Also, that mobile gaming bashing.

Was it Big Nep whose voice we hear after the credits?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (9 KB, 495x297) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
9 KB, 495x297
First time playing max Payne.
>>
>>340264970
Keep playing and leave before you get spoiled.
>>
Dwarf Fortress.
>>
File: xgcpxlH.jpg (48 KB, 540x542) Image search: [Google]
xgcpxlH.jpg
48 KB, 540x542
Any anons here still playing Dungeon Fighter Online? I kinda want to get back into it but I dunno if it's worth it.
>>
>>340265194

If you have a tolerance for older games, it is absolutely one of the best. MP2 is also quite great.

The voice acting and writing alone do it for me. MP3 was better gameplay wise, but didn't come close as far as writing as concerned.
>>
>>340265031
>the first first person shooter i have ever played
How have you managed to avoid every shooter thus far?
>>
>>340265386
Holy shit this.
Max Payne 1 makes me feel so cold.
I'm at the part where max trips his balls off and it breaks the fourth wall
>>
File: images(46).jpg (10 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
images(46).jpg
10 KB, 329x153
>>340261752
Last nice game I played. Game that got me hooked. About a year ago. Feels bad man.
>>
>>340262371
>>340261752
was plawing blood and wine until a game breaking bug has destroyed my fun.
so I started playing gravity rush remastered.
must say the gravity mechanics are really good, but the weeb cheese story is homosexual.
will finish that game later.

>Hitman
really want to play it but can't deal with that episodic crap. gonna wait for next year.
>>
>>340263065
One bump for any late options.
>>
Anal
>>
I'm playing clive barker's jericho and undying.
One is a lot better than the other, can you guess which?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.