[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the main character is completely oblivious to the love interest's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: grandia.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
grandia.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>the main character is completely oblivious to the love interest's advances

why do games do this?
>>
to annoy fags who get emotionally invested in shitty interactive toys
>>
>>340261352
Wat? But Justin clearly catch the signal in that scene
>>
It represents you throughout middle and high school, which funny enough is the target audience for these games.
>>
But they end up together and having children at the end of the game.
>>
>>340261352
I love when it happens in erotic VNs
>>
>>340261352
Because some guys are actually like that.
They can get the most obvious signal unless the girl tells him straight up that she likes her.
>>
>>340261352

So that autists find it relatable. In my entire life only 6 women have been interested, and every time I only worked it out literal months or years after the fact.
>>
>>340261352
You talking shit about Lyner?
>>
>protag and love interest are interested in each other
>they both know it very well and act like a couple
>takes until the end of the game to actually confess and make it offical

Fuck you, Tales of Hearts R
>>
Because Japanese just love to drag out romance as long as possible either due to lack of ideas or just really bad writing.
>>
>>340261654
>girl tells him straight up that she likes her
Wait a minute.
>>
File: 1443726189896.jpg (4 KB, 126x138) Image search: [Google]
1443726189896.jpg
4 KB, 126x138
>>340261772
>>
>>340262102
Don't give me that look, bitch.
>>
>>340261352
Because once the romance starts you get in the ankward situation of actually having to write a romantic relationship, and that can get really boring really quickly when it's not closely related to the main plot.
It's often a better choice to just allude to it and leave it in the dark either until it can be used as a convenient plot device, or in the end where shit has already hit the fan and the characters have no time to actually engage in it until the game is actually over.
An example would be FF8, Squall only falls for Rinoa when she gets into a coma and by the time she wakes up and they confess to each other you're already preparing to time travel to defeat the final boss.
Had Squall's feelings for her surfaced earlier, like during the assassination or prison section, there would've been the need to put a much bigger focus on their love shenanigans.
>>
>>340261772
>in the first 20 skits shing is trying to figure out how to call hisui his brother.
Fucking gold
>>
>Video game has romance at all
It's always just shoehorned in for the sake of having it, usually having nothing to do with the plot. In fact a lot of the time, stopping to get your dick wet is nonsensical BECAUSE of the plot. We've got a world to save, keep it in your pants.
>>
>>340261352
I dunno how it is for you in real life, but personally I've learned of at least 5 girls who were making advances at me only for me to never notice anything. So I guess it's a matter of knowing your audience.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.