[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft to discontinue 360 xbl support
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1415995043791.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1415995043791.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
So, supposedly Microsoft is going to announce they will discontinue xbox live services for the 360 by the end of the year. Is there any proof to this? I have a shit ton of games I still want to beat and I'm concerned that I won't get any of the achievements. Will those still work at least?
>>
Better play those games now anon
>>
Yeah dude. You never have to be online to get those.
>>
Why the fuck do people care about achievements? I have never understood this part of modern gaming.
>>
>>340258768
I guess I could see like 10 years ago when the consoles were new but damn
>>
>>340258551
No that would be stupid because they support the Xbox 360 games on Xbox One
>>
>>340258551
Source, other your ass?
They won't do it for a long time because the backward compatibility support.
>>
>>340258768
Xbox one allows you to compare with friends. Never really cared myself, but holy shit is my overall score low!
>>
>>340258986
I'll try and find the article. It was talking about how several providers like espn are pulling their apps sooner than later. I believe theirs had been removed already.
>>
>>340258640
How would they upload to your account though if you're offline?
>>
>>340259008
But who cares? I have never given a fuck about an account score or achievements on anything, from Steam to XBL. I've also never once had a single person, either in real life or in chat bring up either my or their score/achievements.

Its like points on NES games. Not a single person ever gave a fuck about their score in shit like Super Mario, and again, I've literally never heard anyone bring it up in any sort of conversation.

I mean, do people actually give each other shot or internet high fives for not having/having enough achievements?

I've seen YouTube videos about which games have the easiest achievements and give out the most points, and a lot of them are shit games. So I have to assume that there are people out there that buy garbage games and sit through them just to farm internet points. Why?
>>
>>340258551
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>340258551
why would they stop live when idiots are still paying for the overpriced gold membership?
>>
>>340259336
I suppose that is true. You need to connect online to actually unlock them and update the profile.
>>
>>340259910
For enjoyment. That's why people play games.
I don't give a fuck about achievements either but are you honestly claiming they're enjoying games incorrectly?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.