[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
damn, why does /v/ never talk about this hidden gem This could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
damn, why does /v/ never talk about this hidden gem

This could have been contender for the best game of all time if it had higher budget and more talented developers

All the concepts and great ideas are there but it's a lot of clunky and poor execution.
>>
/v/ does. A lot.
>>
because the PC port is unplayable
>>
How's the Directors Cut for PS3?
>>
>game kept on crashing trying to load the final cutscene
>had to watch it at 2fps after running it in compatibility mode for XP
>>
>>340250049
I'm playing it on PC on a shitty computer i get constant 60 fps.

The only issue I ran into was fixed by restarting the computer
>>
as much as i love this game, i cant help but feel id rather watch a show with these characters than play the game. the actual "game" bits was awful aned boring and theres no denying it, the most interesting bits were when the characters were all there interacting with each other.
>>
>>340249965
It was good when it was just the strange FBI agent investigating a murder in a town full of strange people with the supernatural part not being in your face, but then it gradually got worse and it ended up with you fighting a giant extremely boring boss fight that felt completely out of place.

If they just kept it like the first 1/2 of the game it would probably be my favourite game.
>>
>>340249965

This is one of my favorite games.

I bought every version.

I couldn't stomach the PS3 version and I never got the PC version to boot.

Kojima kind of ripped off the "you're me and I'm you" twist from this for MGSV and nobody called him on it.
>>
>>340250230

I installed it and it crashed instanly. Got the fix and it kept crashing.

Good on you but the port is a a fucking mess.
>>
>>340249965

It's predominantly an interactive movie that makes you drive from one cutscene to the next and occasionally throws in some terrible combat sequences.

People complain about the publisher forcing those combat sequences but they are only there because the publisher had enough sense to realize DP as it was being made wasn't a fucking game.

Fuck off with that "best game of all time" shit. It's not original, it's just a Jap Twin Peaks knock off, and the gameplay sucks.

I say this as somebody who likes the game, just has enough sense to not praise.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.