[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barotrauma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: NR1.png (1 MB, 1680x610) Image search: [Google]
NR1.png
1 MB, 1680x610
Haven't seen a Barotrauma thread in a while.

Barotrauma is a SS13 inspired sub "simulator" game. You pretty much take broken as fuck custom built submarines with shitty wiring through missions and try not to die (spoiler: you die every time). Can get pretty fun and intense when people are working together, swimming away from the boat to grab an artifact scared you'll get lost and never find the boat again is terrifying. Swimming out to battle a monster poking holes in the boat is intense. Being inside the boat trying not to sink to crush depth while your boat is being fucked by a fuckhuge monster is horrifying.

Can download it here:
http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/

The forums have a bunch of custom boats, I only have a few from Warhawk and one of my own, pic related. I'm pretty sure you can download the maps from the host now, but I could be wrong. Custom boat thread on the forums has the boats I have on the last page.

Server going up in a minute or two. Title will be: DINQ LIST
pass: gethotnub

Will try to host as long as I can tonight. Have hosted successfully before, but haven't done it in this version. If the server isn't there, I'm probably restarting/trying to get it to work.
>>
>>340240421

Jesus lord this got blasted to the back pages like immediately.
>>
>>340240421
this is always a disaster of ebin proportions
>>
>>340240858

Kinda like real submarining.
>>
>>340240421
tiny
url
/barmaps
used to have a lot of subs, but I don't think many of them have medbays and some might not work because of an engine update
>>
File: neat.png (1 MB, 1606x1236) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
1 MB, 1606x1236
>>340240978

Yeah, there's a lot of old meme subs that are broken.

I have these, which are super modern/updated. Should work decently well. Mine in OP is tiny as fuck and meant to be overly complex so it will prolly be a mega disaster.
>>
>>340240421
You didn't set up your ports.
>>
>>340241161

Didn't have to in the past. Quick and dirty way of doing so? I check the port forwarding but it says it can't.
>>
>>340241223
>quick and dirty
Just open whatever port the undertow website says to. I forget which one.
>>
>>340241317
>>340241223
Service/Application: barotrauma
Port: The port you have selected for your server in the “host server” menu (14242 by default)
Protocol: UDP
>>
One of these update made the atmosphere a lot spookier.
>>
>>340241467

Working on it now. Trying to figure out my router password, using my roommates internet and haven't had to type it in in forever.
>>
>>340241896
Pls hurry, public servers are full of griefing fags.
>>
>>340241896

Got in. I think I forwarded the ports correctly. Someone give it a shot.
>>
>>340240421
Oh shit nigger I've been waiting for this.
>>
>>340242631

Pretty sure it's working now, enabled that port forwarding service in barotrauma on my router and it didn't give me an error message this time.
>>
>>340243332
Same failed message. Try not clicking auto forward since you did it manually.
>>
>>340243913

Restarted without it. If it doesn't work, then I guess I can't host anymore bros. Sorry for the blue balls.
>>
>>340243994
Must be something in your router you didn't configure how it needs to be.
>>
>>340244120

My router has forwarding for internal/external IP addresses, don't see anything about application specific.
>>
>>340244362
Usually in a "gaming" menu.

However let's see if I can host.

Name: Sealab
Pass: rage
>>
development is fucking horribly slow and the developer doesn't understand that SS13 was made at a time where interfaces were hard to design

you have fucking UI libraries and design methodologies, use them
>>
>>340244591

Nope, same issue.
>>
>>340244869
Oh fuck me, I forgot I got a new router last week. I haven't set it up for hosting yet.
>>
>>340244362
Find anything near your gaming or NAT settings for application specific port forwarding?
>>
Question, is this game easier to get into than ss13? I liked the idea of ss13 but I just don't have that time to figure that shit out.
>>
>>340246076

Yes, much simpler than SS13.
>>
>>340241145
I want to see larger games. Team player vs player. Multiple subs on each side with the ability to infiltrate an enemy sub and sink it from within.
>>
>>340245832

No. There's "port triggers" which it says can be set up for applications, but I'm not sure what it means by trigger range and target range. Putting 14242 in all the boxes doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>340246242

NVM I DID IT SERVER IS UP OP PASS AND NAME
>>
>>340240421
OP DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>>340242701
Server is up now.
>>
>zombie enemied
>doctors/unconscious mechanics
Players turning into zombies when?
>>
>have no c4 for fighting monsters
>sub goes so fast we kill the tresher with physics
I'll take it.
>>
OP you went back to the "no response from remote host" error.
>>
>>340248003

uuughghgh
>>
>>340248123
Yeah and again with the 6 person server. What changed?
>>
>>340248223

Nothing. Just stopped and started up again to restart without a pass.
>>
>>340248351
"goddamn ports" also failed
Got a windows pop up behind Barotrauma asking what networks the game is allowed access to? That happens sometimes.
>>
Aw fuck yeah is this still happening?
>>
>>340248538
>still
We played one game and the ports got fucked up again for the host.

I usually host but can't until tomorrow.
>>
>>340248463

Nah, I have it allowed in firewall. I dunno what the fuck is going on, I'm stumped. Guess I just can't host.

>>340248538

Turns out I can't host. Would like to play if someone is up for it and can get through this retarded port issue.
>>
>>340248640

Damn. Well I'll be on the lookout. Haven't played for like a month or two, and thought the game was dead. Glad to see people still playing.
>>
Sorry OP, last try didn't work either.

Okay /v/ we'll try again tomorrow, unless someone knows they can host.
>>
>>340248832

Bummer. At least the NR1 killed a fuckhuge monster via ramming on her maiden voyage.
>>
server where?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.