[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Every PC game is now an Xbox Live game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 21920241098290.png (458 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
21920241098290.png
458 KB, 576x324
How can Sony even compete?

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/the-xbox-summer-update-brings-the-console-and-pc-closer-than-ever-1322808
>>
>>340233787
are any of them actually fun and good? I don't want to play shooters or MOBAS on consoles. Give me exploration, dial down the combat. I want a unique artstyle, instead of wasting resources on high res textures take that time to work on the animations and mechanics of the game.
>>
>requires you to actually own an Xbone

That's how
>>
>>340234238

its like less then 300 now with a free game. whats you excuse anon?
>>
When it allows me to play Xbox One exclusives on my PC without owning one of those doorstops I'll start buying those games.

I really only want to play Sunset Overdrive though
>>
>>340233787
Its nothing.
Let me play pc games on an xb or let me play xbox games on pc without uwp.

This is just a stupid app that ms watches you with now. Who gives a shit if my friend is playing wow on pc and another friend is playing cod on x1, neither can play with each other, and why would someone on x1 waste their time messaging someone thhrough thr shit app when a phone works better?

Its nothing.
>>
>>340234635

>Sunset Overdrive

thats free with gold
>>
File: 1414050383617.jpg (411 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1414050383617.jpg
411 KB, 900x675
>Windows 10.

I'd rather snort powdered glass through my dickhole.
>>
>>340234752
Yes but at the moment it'll cost me upwards of $350+ AUD so that's not happening
>>
>>340233787
>make it sound like they're porting it.

They're not.

All they're really doing is the equivalent of seeing someone pop up on Steam and what game they're playing.

Except if it's say, Overwatch, all you'd be able to do is voice-chat with each other.

It's overblown. It's fucking nothing.
>>
>>340234598
Having a PC that allows me to play the games already.

Also an xbone can't play them by itself, it needs a PC that can already run that shit to do so, so they fucked up.
>>
File: 1444247551331.jpg (67 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1444247551331.jpg
67 KB, 1024x768
>Games like XCOM 2 achievements/screenshots and gameclips now appear to Xbone users
>Even has a gamehub for stats like play time
>They can't play it
For what purpose?
>>
>>340235131

future compatibility
>>
>shitty version of google now is now on xbone
>you can use xbox's social features on your win10 pc

fucking horrendous; microsoft is DESPERATE to do anything but make games for their box
>>
>>340235131
they are merging windows and xbox

you'll be able to play xbox one games on pc in a few years
>>
>>340235131
It's so your XBone friends can be seen on certain compatible PC games. That's it. Which genuinely begs the question, who has an Xbone and a W10 PC when you only need one or the other?
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1280x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1280x726
>>340233787
>and just like that pc loses all of its exclusives
>EVER

thats the bigger joke here, my family man
>>
>>340235567
Idiots have been saying this since the og xbox. There is no proof to this anywhere and ms goes through a cycle of releasing ass ports to pc that make no money and then go "pc gamers didnt support it"
>>
>>340233787
>playing pc games
>on gamepad
HAH

>buying games that you can just pirate on pc
BWAHAHAHA
>>
>>340236559

It's way easier to port from Xbox one then from Xbox to PC. It basically runs on the same software.
>>
>>340233787
it's the opposite, dumbass. Every Xbox game will be on PC.
>>
>>340236246
>i did not read the article!

>>340237071
>neither did i! (unless you mean that streaming shit)
>>
>>340236559
They are both x86 and running on windows 10 now. A dx12 pc game can be made to run on xbox one and vice versa.

pc is dying and Microsoft is going to synergize with xbox

they figure every home will have an xbox or a pc
>>
So does that mean I have to pay Xbox live to play PC games online on Windows 10?
Can I play my Xbox library on Windows yet?
>>
>microsoft is basically turning windows store into an inbuilt wannabe steam
On the one hand this is fucking hotrifying and an even better reason to not upgrade to 10; on the other hand it might make gaben sweat enough to actually upgrade some of the shittier parts of steam (example being improving the shitty ass browser)
>>
>>340237927
>Can I play my Xbox library on Windows yet?
Just like 10 years ago, no, and it won't happen anytime soon, is always smoke and mirrors with Microsoft on this simple question and they never deliver, they just want you to buy something else or use a new bullshit store and lead you to believe is going to happen some day it won't.
>>
>>340233787
So even less reasons to buy a shitbox?
>>
>>340237927

Kek they won't ever try that again after getting Btfo with gfwl
>>
>>340234238
No it doesn't
>>
how can either compete with PC?

yet there are tons of console sales.
dont underestimate the stupidity of peasants
>>
>Window 10
>>
>>340237927
>Can I play my Xbox library on Windows yet?

Depends. A lot of xbone games are on windows.

Going forward however, the xbox is being put closer to a pc. Not the other way around. Meaning those old ass games were specifically made for console design and architecture they likely won't bother with.

All the future games are likely gonna be on both like the forzas and dr4. So in the end both platforms will be under windows going forward. That's what project helix is anyways.

It's actually a good move when you think about it.
>>
did anyone even read the story? nothing is involved with xbox live besides the little 'hub' bullshit and being able to see people on your friends list playing them.

100% NOTHING to do with playing xbone games on pc and vice versa
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.