[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to consoles? Ever since PS2 the market has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 290184910224.jpg (27 KB, 650x397) Image search: [Google]
290184910224.jpg
27 KB, 650x397
What happened to consoles? Ever since PS2 the market has been shrinking.
>>
PCs got easier to use
Console stopped being gaming machines and tried to be multimedia centers
The casual base moved on to smartphones and tablets

Take your pick
>>
M O B I L E
O
B
I
L
E
>>
>>340232138
people realized PC is much better, more graphics, more games, has better controls, and no online fees
>>
>>340232138
PCs and their collection of esports games have taken the nerdy teens away, many casuals have moved on to cell phones, the massive popularity of DS has caused young children to mostly play handhelds, consoles are more expensive than they were in the past, less exclusives discourages buying multiple consoles.

The main people who purchase consoles are weebs, teens who want to play FIFA, adults who bought them when they were younger and now just buy them because they have disposable income, and nintendrones/sonyggers/xbots
>>
A combination of PC esports/twitch streaming and mobile. Consoles are primarily for sports games and party games now.
>>
>>340233515

i got a console because i love the controller feel. maybe im a pleb but ive always found keyboards grotesque
>>
>>340234139
Your grotesk
>>
>>340234139
You do realize ps and xbox controllers can plug into pc right?
>>
>>340232138
proof?
>>
>>340234254

im too stupid to do binds. besides it feel awkward playing on a server with a controller and constantly having to mess with the sens. it just doesn't work well.
>>
>>340234339

go to wiki and type ps2 and then type ps3 and ps4. every gen its been loosing dozens of millions.
>>
>>340232138
PC is undead. smartphones happened.
>>
>>340234527
go to wiki and type ps2, gamecube and xbox and then type xbox 360, ps3 and wii. compare the totals and realize how stupid your post was.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.