[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the PS4 Cooling stand efficient? want to know before i buy it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 419HH2OakOL._SX425_.jpg (15 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
419HH2OakOL._SX425_.jpg
15 KB, 425x425
Is the PS4 Cooling stand efficient? want to know before i buy it
>>
>>340228724
I bought it. The stand feature is actually more useful than the fans.
>>
Just clean your console, it's cheaper and significantly more effective.
>>
>>340229327
No, fuck you. The stand is actually good.
>>
>>340229296
>>340229392
Is the ventilation effective? i heard it blocks out airflow but then again its reddit
>>
>>340229723
Honestly, my girlfriend bought it for me because she thought it was really hot in my room, not knowing it was my shitty laptop, not the ps4. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

I feel like it worked. I don't really have any idea about the airflow or whatnot but while my ps4 was on mildly hot (right above the ps4 logo), it was a lot less hot with the cooling stand. That being said, I think a big reason for this is simply that it was standing up rather than on its ass.
>>
>>340228724
Those are little fans... the ps4 already has fans in it. What a pointless accessory.
>>
I have this stand and the two controller charging ports are great enough on their own and even though the fan is small it does help keep the console from overheating. Lastly, I personally think that having the console standing vertically is a big space saver
>>
>>340231715
2 questions

is it durable?
does the stand actually keep airlow? i mean its covering one side of the PS4
>>
>>340231858
I'm relatively certain the built-in ps4 fan is in the back right. The fans just add another layer of air to circumvent the heat. I'm telling you, the thing is worth it for the vertical stand alone.
>>
>>340231858
>Durable?
Yes, it's only meant to hold up the console and hold 2 controllers so it doesn't require movement and won't fall apart.
>Keep airlow?
I'm a bit confused with what you're asking but looking at >>340232147 's answer I think I get it better and it adds to the airflow with the ps4 itself having a fan in the back and the stand adding air from below.
>>
>>340232147
>>340232352
alright ill keep that in mind, thanks lads
>>
>>340232591
Not a problem, friend.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.