[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
apparently after sun and moon we're getting diamond and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: diamond-pearl-platinum.png (1 MB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
diamond-pearl-platinum.png
1 MB, 1200x1000
apparently after sun and moon we're getting diamond and pearl remakes.
do you want the diamond pearl remakes?
do you think diamond and pearl should be remade and ported for the 3DS?
>>
>>340219454
They will be worse than Platinum in every possible way, besides maybe battle speed.
>>
Why would they remake DP for a system that's natively capable of playing the originals
>>
I would happily play them, but I'm not exactly clamoring for them. DPPt's mechanics aren't outdated to the point it hampers my enjoyment in a replay.

If anything Kanto needs another remake more. The still fairly empty Kanto in HGSS's post-game isn't enough.
>>
>>340219454
It's my first generation, aside from my brother's hand-me-down Yellow, so I wouldn't mind seeing this get a remake
>>
>>340219851
Because money.
>>
>3DS

No. I want the remakes on a fucking proper handheld.
>>
>playing children's games
>>
File: 1 duane!.gif (697 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1 duane!.gif
697 KB, 480x320
>>340219454
best pokemon EVER
>>
>>340219851
>he thinks they're going to be on 3DS
lel
>>
>>340219454
Sure, as long as they keep the feel in. Walking around the snow areas, listening to the soundtrack was top comfy. Deep snow sucked though
>>
I like DP more than Platinum
>>
>>340220458
>listening to the soundtrack was top comfy
i got you senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5RlzYP4aH0
>>
>>340219454
I'm ready to give it a rest. BW2 was the last great Pokemon game, and EoS was the last great Mystery Dungeon. You can shitpost all you want with "muh children's game", but it really has changed for the worse. Shitty, half-assed 3D models over beautifully designed sprites. Gen 3 was the last gen with all good legendary designs, and the gen 7 mascots are just abominations. I've played every single Pokemon release thus far except for HG/SS, and I regret that part, but it's too late to go back. Good night, sweet prince. I'd give up on Nintendo if it wasn't for every single Smash game just being fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1432876558363.gif (977 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1432876558363.gif
977 KB, 500x300
>>340220962
>pokemon
>good sprites

The worst meme.
>>
>>340219851
>Why would they remake DP for a system that's natively capable of playing the originals

Because they remade Red/Blue for a system that was natively capable of playing the originals.
>>
>>340220962
Sorry m8 but PSMD is still a great mystery dungeon

I do miss sprites though
>>
>>340220485
I like gen 4 more than any other gen, even though it isn't perfect. No gen is perfect, I just think gen 4 does the least wrong.
>>
>>340219454

I want no Pokemon threads in /v/ when you manchildren have an entire board dedicated to your inability to mature.
>>
>implying 3ds wont be replaced by then

the remakes will come out for the next nintendo handheld or whatever and it will be great. dawn with updated graphics.
>>
>>340221467
It's BW1-tier. Not awful like GTI or gen 6, but a disappointment nonetheless. I would rather clear Rescue Team or EoS all over again than actually keep playing SMD.
>>
>>340220458
The comfiest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYfWW-5Ufmc
>>
>>340221628
This.
>>
>>340219454
>apparently after sun and moon we're getting diamond and pearl remakes.

[citation needed]
>>
>>340221628
keep crying bitch nigga
>>
>We will get DP remakes
>On 3DS
>Which can still play the DPPt and HGSS cartridges
No you won't just like Gen 5 there isn't going to be a remake this gen because the need hadn't arisen.
>>
>>340221628
>>340221770
/vp/ is basically tumblr, though.
>>
File: 8badges.png (8 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
8badges.png
8 KB, 256x192
Keep your badges clean
>>
>>340221708
>playing mystery dungeon games only for the story
You're doing it wrong
>>
>>340222051
>playing the same game over and over again
>for the story
I quite like the story in SMD, it's the gameplay and recruitment system that's disappointing.
>>
File: 1464916551330.jpg (217 KB, 760x729) Image search: [Google]
1464916551330.jpg
217 KB, 760x729
>>340221628
>mature people in /v/
Hahahaha
>>
>>340222051
Not even him but its gameplay is weak too. No real replay value because all the quests are set in stone and the game gives you no breathing room the main game for doing sidequests instead of main story. I don't mind the recruits themselves being tied to quests, but the issue is there's no randomized quests as well.

The story is the worst in the series, though.
>>
>implying we won't get a Hoenn remake.
Silly OP.
>>
File: problematicsunset.png (727 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
problematicsunset.png
727 KB, 1024x768
>>340219454
>Remake Diamond and Pearl
>Manage to put less content than ORAS

watch, it'll happen

and people will still fucking buy it

prove me wrong
>>
>>340219454
>apparently after sun and moon we're getting diamond and pearl remakes.

why are you blatantly lying you autist. do you take whatever you hear on /vp/ as gospel? you have no idea what's coming after SM
>>
>>340222197
>>340222316
Yeah the recruitment system is kind of fucked, but I'm glad I'm not grinding for ages anymore like in RT just to get the right mon. It does diminish replayability a bit desu.

I enjoy the rest of the changes they made to the game though, especially making the floors so much larger and hunger more immediate. The later dungeons feel more fresh than explorers ever did.

>story is the worst in the series
Totally agree
>>
>>340222364
>prove me wrong

I can't, I'll buy it. I just can't not buy it. Same with bethesda games.
>>
>>340222774
As much as I could insult you I'm mostly just sorry for you
>>
>>340222764
Grinding was the best part. Just like catching legendaries without a master ball.
>>
>>340220458
deep mud was worse
>>
>>340221151
at least for pokemon sprites > models

and gen 4 had the best sprites
>>
>>340219454
The Hoenn remakes were the first pokemon games I actually didn't bother buying. Definitely won't buy the Diamond and Pearl remakes. In fact, hearing that they're remaking the shittiest games makes me want to not even bother with Sun and Moon.
>>
>>340222051
There's no reason to really play a Mystery Dungeon game for anything other than the story, even if the story sucks. The gameplay is worse.
>>
>>340221365
But that was via eshop, it can play the actual games too
>>
>>340222764
I agree with liking not having to rely on luck for recruitment, but what they did to the rest of the quest system ruined it. The cooldowns and being unable to give nicknames was trash too.

I kinda wish they had the Mysteriosity thing from Gates sometimes to mix things up in post-game a bit more, that was a neat feature, shame that once you unlocked it there the game was already over.

>>340222956
Nah, it's just tedious, like recruiting things in Yo-Kai Watch. Catching legendaries without a Master Ball is heavily luck-based but at least there's an actual level of strategy involved with keeping your team alive if your levels are low enough.
>>
>>340223449
He's talking about the GBA, anon
>>
File: GiveMEAHug.png (308 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
GiveMEAHug.png
308 KB, 500x375
We don't need remakes, the games are perfectly playable and pokemon can be transfered all the way up to gen VI. Besides, platinum fixed EVERYTHING.
>>
>>340223449
>>
>yfw worse than platinum like ORAS was worse than emerald
>>
>>340223552
>cooldowns
These become shorter as your level increases. You don't get them at all after a certain point iirc.

>I wish they brought back mysteriosity
Me too
>>
Regardless of if you even want D/P/P remakes, what would you like to see in them?
>>
>>340221365
But the GBA couldn't play original Game Boy games, I thought? Just Game Boy Color, which means only G/S/C could be played on the GBA.
>>
>>340224156
You would be wrong. GBA could play GB and GBC games. The Micro was the only GBA iteration that couldn't.
>>
>>340224156
This whole post is how I can tell you're underage.

GBA could play old ass GB games, with automatically generated color palettes added. If you press the right input at startup, you can choose the palette (they're all mostly one color, then there's classic black and white).
>>
What is the point of this anymore? They are literally making the same game over and over again.
>>
>>340224579
It prints money.
Nips love more of the same thing.
International fans will complain and then buy the games anyway.

Why would they stop?
>>
File: Mawile.full.1477890.jpg (96 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
Mawile.full.1477890.jpg
96 KB, 450x400
>>340224075
Dating your pokemon. Although this can apply to any pokemon game
>>
>>340224075
I just want my Pokémon to follow me again.
>>
>>340223757
>Platinum fixed everything

All it really fixed was the Surf speeds, EXP bar speed, and regional dex, though even the last one had its own problems with the "bad" teams becoming easier due to now being monotype and it taking longer to get the National Dex and thus into the post-game. The level curve in my opinion is a little worse too, it cranks up more early on but ends lower than DP. For additions it just had a disappointing Frontier, and the Gym Leader rematches and being able to fight your Doubles partners. Oh, and I guess the lackluster Distortion World where nothing happens except you catch Giratina and fight Cyrus and the latter is worse than DP because there isn't the sense of bookends with defeating him where you first met him.

It did introduce Looker though, so it's alright.

>>340224075
Online Underground with each real-world region setting on the system having its own dedicated Underground. Also better digging in it more like Spectrobes or Fossil Fighters cleaning than the grid-based deal.
>>
>>340224075
The new conveniences like moving Pokemon in your party around by dragging and dragging Pokemon to and from PC boxes.

Touch screen menu accessible from the bottom screen Poketch would be perfect.

Other than that the gen doesn't really need anything.
>>
>>340224426
More like my parents never got me an original Game Boy as a kid. Nice try though. I only got a GBC in 2000 and missed out on the GB, so I had no original GB games to try with my GBA later. Interesting to know, though.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.