[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how much ram do you have and run, anon? and why is it less than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ram.jpg (73 KB, 947x529) Image search: [Google]
ram.jpg
73 KB, 947x529
how much ram do you have and run, anon?
and why is it less than 8 GB?
and how much ram do you think is "enough"?
>>
>>340217059
In 5 years it will go up by 4 each
>>
8GB because Logical Increments told me to

I don't know what the fuck it does
>>
>>340217059
No reason to spend more money on RAM ever when you can download more for free.
>>
>>340217059
8 for norm
16 for high end/future proof
32 for super future
more to pretend you have a big dick
>>
I have 8 because I'm too lazy to install the 16 I bought.

8 is enough for almost everyone. If you do heavy analysis or data mining in RAM, then maybe 16 is good. If you need more than that, look into cloud computing.
>>
12, because I had 16 didn't notice a performance change when one stick failed
>>
>>340217287
32 is already big dick, at least for gaming and regular internet browsing
>>
>>340217425
you but some fuck holes have 128 or more
>>
>>340217059
4GB still

Runs modern games fine and I can even have web browser torrent client etc in the background. I think having an SSD for swap helps with that too though.

No point wasting money upgrading to 8gb since it's ddr3 anyway.
>>
>>340217287
>wasting money on slow as fuck ram
32 gigs is a meme, nothing else. Unless you work rendering for Disney and Pixar and shit you'll never need it
>>
>>340217157
good system
>>
>>340217396
this desu
I am also too lazy to order and install more stick
>>
I've got 32gb. It is entirely too much, but it was cheap and fast.

I ran 8gb for ages and it was more than enough for just about everything I did, but I can see going 12-16 for people who do an extensive amount of multitasking (I do, and did, plenty with 8gb).
>>
>>340217059

24gb. 2 x 8 and 2 x 16 come at me.
>>
>just pi my shit up tier
<2gb

>indian-neighborhood-communal-pc-that-the-village-elders-use-to-creep-on-kids-using-broken-english-on-facebook tier
2gb

>poorfag tier
4gb
any value that's not a power of 2

>normal tier
8gb

>elder god tier
16gb

>enthusiast tier
32gb

>meme tier
32gb+
>>
>>340217059
>how much ram do you have and run, anon?
>and why is it less than 8 GB?
16 is less than 8, got it.
>and how much ram do you think is "enough"?
Probably enough for the next 3-4 years at least, until games start using 8 GBs on average. Usually want enough to have Firefox not really be dragging the PC down in the background since I often alt-tab back to read shit.
>>
>16
>8 is plenty for gaming

I'm tempted to go up to 32, but I don't know what the point would even be.
>>
>>340217059
16. I wanted to do some 'future proofing' on this PC, even though thats a bullshit term and Ill end up replacing shit sooner than later anyway.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.