[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the handheld versions weren't great, but I had a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
So the handheld versions weren't great, but I had a lot of fun over the years.

But sequel when...? Or anything like it? When the fuck did grid based combat die.
>>
>>340212506
Tactics Ogre bruh.
>>
File: FFTS_Artwork.png (1 MB, 1100x746) Image search: [Google]
FFTS_Artwork.png
1 MB, 1100x746
Never, enjoy your spinoff games.
>>
>>340212854
Fair enough but then it begs the question when we will ever get a tactics of ANY sort?
>>
>>340212506
there's a bunch of tactics like games being "promoted" by the square enix collective

looks like a bunch of kickstarter shit though honestly
>>
>>340213078
Tactics advanced sucked in comparison
That said I would love more SRPGs
>>
>>340213174
Can you list them? I'm unaware.
>>
>>340212506
I really want to see a sequel to the original FFT. Or even a prequel in the 50 year war
>>
>>340212506
>When the fuck did grid based combat die.
when they started releasing shitty knockoffs and no one bought them because they were bad.

Mana tactics, Eternal poison etc.
>>
>>340212506
I would like to see a ffta3 with more classes and better story.
>>
>>340214396
Yeah honestly, I even liked FFTA and Grimoire. Something about the sprites, maybe its tied strongly to my childhood too.

Only gripe was, they were WAY too easy. Heard theres a hacked rom that makes FFT way harder now.
>>
>>340212506
Xcom 2 released not super long ago, Idk what you're talking about this "dead" business.
>>
FFTA2 is pretty good, too bad there's not a sequel yet.
>>
>>340213698
Mana Tactics?
>>
>>340214608
>names one game

Sorry, ALMOST dead.
>>
>>340214943
I assume he means Heroes of Mana, which was more of a grid based rts (bad idea)
>>
mfw imagining a turn based grid combat game with a map maker.

hnnnnng
>>
>>340215056

niche genre bruh

there's Invisible inc and the old xcom clones.

Plus the open modding in xcom 2
>>
advanced wars died too.
>>
If you want another FFTA-style game, Mercenaries Saga 2 on the 3DS is pretty good. It captures the feel, at least. The plot strives for FFT levels of intrigue but the complexity just isn't there, sadly. But the rest of the game is great.
>>
>>340212506
>weren't great
They were fine, they just didn't hit the level of FFT.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.